neon genesis evangelion
Can anybody tell me if it's worth it to see Death and Rebirth if you've already seen the tv series? Is it just a rehash of what's already happened? I've got the series on order and I was wondering whether to pick this up too.

Thanks,
-k
I 'll admit I haven't seen Death and Rebirth, but from what I know of it I don't think it's worth it, particularly if you have to pick it up separately (it is indeed a recap and also the first half of End of Eva). Just go for the TV series and EoE.
I've seen it and Prophet Hero is right. You can skip it unless you're a completist. But you won't be missing any storyline or anything like that if you skip it.
not... worth... it...
<a href="http://elotroladodelburro.tripod.com">Website</a>
For me, I needed to watch Death and Rebirth cos I had not seen the EVA TV series in such a long while that I needed a 'refresher' before I tackled End of Eva.

However it's worth after just seeing the EVA TV series is certainly questionable.
Welcome to my world.
I beleive the Death and Rebirth release was intended to be not only a refresher for people who havn't seen the TV series in a while, but to wholly make sense of what exactly happened at in the last two episodes. As far as Evangelion goes, I don't think you can really make sense of the last two episodes even if you went and spoke to the producer, so I don't think the release is necessary to watch. But if you are a masochist I would recommend that release LoL, or any evangelion for that matter.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About Neon Genesis Evangelion Cyrus 9 4,542 02-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Last Post: rav96
  Neon Genesis Evangelion FX Andromeda18_ 2 2,853 10-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Last Post: kkun
  neon genesis evangelion new release? NightRayne 13 6,109 04-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CrayonShinChan
  Neon Genesis Evangelion FX help!!!! cvt 11 5,454 11-27-2003, 07:16 AM
Last Post: yakumo
  Neon Genesis Evangelion CrimsonGhost 10 4,518 07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Last Post: sanosuke
  Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect Collection DePingus 5 4,282 02-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Shinn Asuka