Import Anime Forums

Full Version: neon genesis evangelion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody tell me if it's worth it to see Death and Rebirth if you've already seen the tv series? Is it just a rehash of what's already happened? I've got the series on order and I was wondering whether to pick this up too.

Thanks,
-k
I 'll admit I haven't seen Death and Rebirth, but from what I know of it I don't think it's worth it, particularly if you have to pick it up separately (it is indeed a recap and also the first half of End of Eva). Just go for the TV series and EoE.
I've seen it and Prophet Hero is right. You can skip it unless you're a completist. But you won't be missing any storyline or anything like that if you skip it.
not... worth... it...
For me, I needed to watch Death and Rebirth cos I had not seen the EVA TV series in such a long while that I needed a 'refresher' before I tackled End of Eva.

However it's worth after just seeing the EVA TV series is certainly questionable.
I beleive the Death and Rebirth release was intended to be not only a refresher for people who havn't seen the TV series in a while, but to wholly make sense of what exactly happened at in the last two episodes. As far as Evangelion goes, I don't think you can really make sense of the last two episodes even if you went and spoke to the producer, so I don't think the release is necessary to watch. But if you are a masochist I would recommend that release LoL, or any evangelion for that matter.