About Neon Genesis Evangelion
__________________________________SPOILER ALERT____________________________

Ok i just watched the entire series and the movie (not the summary one) but the death and rebirth one

I think i understand what was going on but can someone explain it to me

I mean did shinji become a God or were those just his perseptions or what....

Thank you very much

Just give me a overview of what the reality of the series was cus i caught a lot of it but i missed some of what was going on
Cyrus
I think Shinji just went completely insane at the end.... as did Asuka...

But maybe i'm wrong.
someone else said shinji slipped into schizophrenia

but what i wonder is did shinji become a God and make the choice to not make everything into one and instead resume his old life and Asuka is the only other one who realized the truth and that is why only they were there and REI was there only cus she was souless or something and stood outside of the rules

Or was all of Evangellion just some sort of insane mind trip and the angels represent Shinji wanting to be sinless and perfect and SEELE represent the part of him wanting to destroy everything and be done with it and REI represents what he is afraid to be or anything like that cause i wonder if it was something like that before i watched the movies because everyone congratulated him so i wonder if he finally realized who he was and who he was meant to be?

But i did read the creator wasn't pleased so he re did the ending in a way.....

Please explain these questions to me

Did the angels get created by SEELE or were they being created by Lilith and were actually different forms of angels?

Was Lilith the reprensentation of God and when Shinji rose in the EVA unit 1 he took over that posistion.

can someone give me a really good explanation of the series and a fairly long one

the other thing that i didn't understand was that second impact was when a angel or an eva met lilith or adam and was it done by the Nerv or what and did SEELE try to stop the second impact so while Commander Ikari tried to instill it in hopes that Shinji chose that everything and everyone became one and that way he would see his deceased wife???

oh and whats the deal with the lance of Logines is that just a weapon and whats the AT field deal is that like protective aura of dead peoples spirits oh and whats LCL exactly is it human essence kinda like the dealy with Parasite eve when people liquify or is it just blood or what???

please help me thanks
Cyrus
Well he became God and decided that all humans should die. Then the moron changes his mind decides it's best to live in reality and not in some sort of a 'dream'. Rei and Shinji's mom tell's Shinji that all humans can revert to there physical forms if there hearts wish/desire to.

Shinji returns to his physical form and finds that Asuka also has return to there physical form. It looks like either Asuka and Shinji are the only humans to have returned to their physical form or it's possible that other humans in the world also have return to their physical form.

I'm sure other people can help you out on the other stuff that happen in the movie.
yeah the movie was as confusing as the series lol i need comments on both
Cyrus
Read the bible and alot shall be uncovered about lilith and the lance of loginess so ive been told...but im like w/e i aint reading no book except for that in manga form

Manga bible anyone Wink
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
well see thats just it

Im a Christian and i don't remember ever reading about lilith although lilith was supposed to be the first woman while eve was the second (the bible doesen't say that to my knowledge) but i know the story and i am thinking the lance of longinus is the spear they used to spear Jesus to check if he was dead.

so yeah i just didn't get what the big deal with the lance was unless it was supposed to be so powerful it could kill a God which might be the deal of it sticking out of lilith who if they did exist would be sinless...

so yeah..

Anyways throw in more input cus im still in the dark for the most part lol
Cyrus
rav96 Wrote:Read the bible and alot shall be uncovered about lilith and the lance of loginess so ive been told...but im like w/e i aint reading no book except for that in manga form

Manga bible anyone Wink

Don't let people tell you that. There aren't a lot of similarities between eva and the bible. Eva was slightly influenced by the bible, but not really enough for the bible to be able to explain wth is happening in eva lol.
Cyrus Wrote:well see thats just it

Im a Christian and i don't remember ever reading about lilith although lilith was supposed to be the first woman while eve was the second (the bible doesen't say that to my knowledge) l

Hebrew texts man, take some religion classes in college, or just get a book, you will really get more out of Evangelion that way. I think Shinji just doesn't like women because of his mother, so when he is given a chance to recreate life with Asuka, he decides to choke her instead.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Cidien Wrote:Don't let people tell you that. There aren't a lot of similarities between eva and the bible. Eva was slightly influenced by the bible, but not really enough for the bible to be able to explain wth is happening in eva lol.
yeah i knda know that and have read bits of th ebible like all of johns stuff but not the whole thing
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neon Genesis Evangelion FX Andromeda18_ 2 2,831 10-30-2004, 12:40 AM
Last Post: kkun
  neon genesis evangelion new release? NightRayne 13 6,014 04-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CrayonShinChan
  neon genesis evangelion cowboy_ed 5 2,465 01-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Gireihei
  Neon Genesis Evangelion FX help!!!! cvt 11 5,404 11-27-2003, 07:16 AM
Last Post: yakumo
  Neon Genesis Evangelion CrimsonGhost 10 4,475 07-24-2003, 02:46 PM
Last Post: sanosuke
  Neon Genesis Evangelion Perfect Collection DePingus 5 4,255 02-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Shinn Asuka