l want a X-box
garritynet you are right. It is about the games. So why dose every on ekeep on saying the xbox is a pc in a box, after all why dose that really matter, it still plays really good games, what is wrong with that. And im sorry but i cant link to magazines to prove my facts.
Hmm in my opinion it does not matter which system sells more. its about the games and persnally i cant think of one good xbox game ive seen so far. my brother owns one and ive played halo and i wasnt very impressed with it. everyone else i know seems to like it. but id buy an xbox just to DL games etc etc. i wouldnt mind getting some rare snes games etc etc. but buying games i prefer gamecube and ps2. ps2 has great games such as silent hill 2 and 3, castlevania . FF x, clocktower 3, fatal frame. and gamecube has great games such as zelda, spongebob, metroid and plenty of others.

Basically it all goes down to personal preference. also who cares if the xbox is a pc in a box. it does what it does right? also in my opinion and sadly to say i think the ps2 will be the first to fall out of the three.

well there's my 2 cents go ahead and cash it heh heh.
It's all EVIL!!
Quote:Originally posted by justin
also in my opinion and sadly to say i think the ps2 will be the first to fall out of the three.

well there's my 2 cents go ahead and cash it heh heh.

But Sony/PS2 has already won this round. It no longer matters if PS2 sales should drop - the contest is over.

The very instant Sony hinted at PS3 both Microsoft and Nintendo were forced to announce successors to the Xbox and Cube. There was no way that they were going to stick with their respective machines with the PS3 on the horizon.

Like it or not, Sony will now control the console game. Nintendo is trying to jump the gun with an early console as is Microsoft, but you can bet that the battle will only begin when the PS3 enters the fray.
well i wasnt talking about any future systems just the three. im pretty sure the ps3 will be outstanding not to mention playstation has many great titles. but for now i believe ps2 will be the first to drop regardless but i could be wrong.
It's all EVIL!!
well i wasnt talking about any future systems just the three. im pretty sure the ps3 will be outstanding not to mention playstation has many great titles. but for now i believe ps2 will be the first to drop regardless but i could be wrong.

It depends what you mean by "drop". If you mean phased out of production, then, no, I don't think so. The fact that the PSOne is still around disputes that line of thinking.

Sadly, I think the Cube will be the first to go mainly because Nintendo has made no secret of the fact that it wants to release the first machine of the next generation. It will be difficult to promote the upcoming machine without seeming to kill off the Cube at the same time.

It's already known that the next Zelda will follow-on from The Wind Waker and re-use the same engine. This means that it's unlikely that there will be another 'new' Zelda game for the Cube. Worse, is the fact that Mario 128 seems to be on hiatus.
heh you may have a point, actually its kind of odd they still make the ps1, i think thats pointless since ps2 plays ps1 games. as for zelda i believe the new one will be alot different form the wind waker. oot and mm were very different. its a trend to use the same engine but that doesnt mean it will at all be the same really. come to think of it i know a few people that bought the new ps1 after they bought a ps2. that confuses me. also i despise gba but i like the games so i bought the gameboy player. i hate tiny screens with a passion!!!. i think nintendo should make an extension to play nintendo and snes games through the gamecube. but the coolest things never come to be it seems.
It's all EVIL!!
heh you may have a point, actually its kind of odd they still make the ps1, i think thats pointless since ps2 plays ps1 games. as for zelda i believe the new one will be alot different form the wind waker. oot and mm were very different. its a trend to use the same engine but that doesnt mean it will at all be the same really. come to think of it i know a few people that bought the new ps1 after they bought a ps2. that confuses me. also i despise gba but i like the games so i bought the gameboy player. i hate tiny screens with a passion!!!. i think nintendo should make an extension to play nintendo and snes games through the gamecube. but the coolest things never come to be it seems.

Well i can give one example.. The Psone is alot smaller and easier to take with you to places.. Also my sister bought my nephew one. they only cost $50 and it has all the games he ever wants to play.. and there really isn't too many games specifically on the Ps2 for him to play.. he was only 5 when she bought it a year and a 1/2 ago.. so there are some cases where you just don't need a ps2..
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
garritynet you are right. It is about the games. So why dose every on ekeep on saying the xbox is a pc in a box, after all why dose that really matter, it still plays really good games, what is wrong with that. And im sorry but i cant link to magazines to prove my facts.

because there is nothing innovating about it.. Anyone can do it. But only M$ can exploit there Monopoly in Computers to keep losing money on the Xbox to try in the long run get competition outta the way.. and once they are the sole then try to jackup everything.. I think last report i saw was the Home Entertainment section of M$ lost $400M and from each that i have seen they have never turned a profit yet off Xbox.. do you think sony or Nintendo could do this at all? Maybe for a little bit but not like M$.
ok so i know you have a grudge against the xbox. Its a pc in a box to you. And you say ms are loosing money, and like you said to me, where is your proof. and even tho bill gates a a bit of a to**er i dont think he is that dumb, that their loosing money on teh xbox and he is still producing em.
anyway why do people h8 the xbox so much. I can remember when splinter cell cfirst came out for the xbox, everone who hadnt got an xbox allways critersized it saying it was rubbish. But then when it came out for ps2 everone started to praise it. Whats the deal with that. Another thing i remember was when i went to buy mgs substance when it first came out. I went up town with a few friends. Everyone said the mgs series was really good but i had no clue about em. So i asked some of my friends, and i asked whats the diff between Sons of liberty for the ps2 and substance for the xbox, and this person next to me said substance was totally rubbish. How can a game which is exactally the same but with extras be worse i dont get that.
I forgot to mention that there was a news story a couple of months ago that stated that Sony had trademarked the word 'PSTwo'. I think that gives you a clue as to what might happen to the PS2.

as for zelda i believe the new one will be alot different form the wind waker. oot and mm were very different. its a trend to use the same engine but that doesnt mean it will at all be the same really.

I hope so. The Wind Waker was wonderful, but the last quest - collecting the pieces of the Tri-Force - was a no-brainer slice of gaming that I did not enjoy one bit. It really did show that one whole section of the game had been dumped because of time constraints.

NGC magazine (an unofficial UK Gamecube publication) reckons that the new Zelda game when it emerges will be a direct continuation of WW. I'm wondering if Nintendo will use the missing dungeon as a building block.

I can remember when splinter cell cfirst came out for the xbox, everone who hadnt got an xbox allways critersized it saying it was rubbish. But then when it came out for ps2 everone started to praise it. Whats the deal with that.

Probably because there are more PS2 owners than Xbox owners so more people got to experience the game and then rave about it. The voices of the millions are going to drown out the voices of the thousands. I bought the PC version. :p

Another thing i remember was when i went to buy mgs substance when it first came out. I went up town with a few friends. Everyone said the mgs series was really good but i had no clue about em. So i asked some of my friends, and i asked whats the diff between Sons of liberty for the ps2 and substance for the xbox, and this person next to me said substance was totally rubbish. How can a game which is exactally the same but with extras be worse i dont get that.

Sounds like you need to have friends who know what the f*ck they're talking about. Ignore dumbasses like that.
LOL, to be honest, most of my m8s are not really that much into computer games. They much rather go for a good skate.
MGS2: Substance is the version to buy. Like the Cube version of Resident Evil, Substance has become the definitive version (it's possible that The Twin Snakes will become the definitive version of the original MGS).

However, there is not really much point to Substance if you already own the PS2 original, which I do.
ok so i know you have a grudge against the xbox. Its a pc in a box to you. And you say ms are loosing money, and like you said to me, where is your proof. and even tho bill gates a a bit of a to**er i dont think he is that dumb, that their loosing money on teh xbox and he is still producing em.

This arcticle is a year old..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2480001.stm
but the trend has stayed the same for xbox figures.. For every xbox sold they record a heavy loss and i belive that people need to purchase like 5 games to have M$ break even.. But i don't know too many people have have more then 5 games.. But i will try and do some more research with newer figures..
hay, seriously you dont know that many people with more than five games. I bought more than five xbox games when i first got mine, and have loads now, well to me i have loads, and all my friends who have an xbox have more than 5 xbox games.

Attached Files
.jpg   gundam-wing-zero.jpg (Size: 60.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
What was the point of attaching an irrelivant picture?
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]