l want a X-box
OK then the ps2 has a few good games like the tekken series and zon of enders, gamecube has the mario games , but i believe xbox has loads more really good games like halo, jade empire, red ninja: end of honor, pgr2, R6-3, cs, half life 2, games such as those unreal tournament 2 adn live makes em better
Quote:Originally posted by fahad17
...its just i prefer xbox and its games so thats why i kept that one

You should have said this in the first place instead of rubbishing the other machines.

Console wars are pointless and besides it's only a matter of time before the ninja PC owners get involved and they can take apart some of the Xbox games you've mentioned namely HL2, Rainbow Six, CS and the Unreal Tournament series.
the Xbox is soo much like a PC.. you don't even know it.. i could go into all the details about it but you just like through specs around about the processor.. it don't matter the processor speeds.. If you want to know all your games that you are playing on are running on a Stripped down Win2k kernal and using DirectX as its graphics system just Optimized for Exact hardware thats in the Xbox.. and they tried locking the system to run Signed Xbe's only.. It is a full fledged PC once you remove microsoft's restrictions.. They have even showed that they where wrong to do what they did.. Because they are looking at there next gen system to NOT be like a PC... And guess what 90% of those games you mentioned i would never even touch.. Half life 2 can be put on any system.. But guess what.. Its not that they can't handle it.. But it EASY to port it over to the Xbox since guess what. Its using DirectX so why waste the time in development to go to GC or ps2 when you have to learn how to program for those systems.. the Xbox is nothing more then a PC that M$ is putting in a box and trying to call it a Console which it is not.. Especially when i can plug it into my ADSL connection and start running website/ftp server ssh shell, cvs server etc.. i can turn it into a development site for IA if i want.. can i do that either any of the others? possibly Sony but not as easy.. there is a ps2 linux distro that sony helped work out to get working on there system.. but not as easily as Xbox.. since all that was needed was a filesystem driver and xpad and video output drivers..

and 1 more point that its a pc.. guess what technology they use for there controllers? USB.. your controller you use is a USB Hub and the memory cards are just USB memory card.. if you make a cable you can hook them up to the computer and use them like every other usb memory stick there is..

I think i will end this discussion because you can not tell me that the Xbox is not a PC.. because it is.. Just in a smaller black box then what you normally see and just doesn't have all the com port hook up thats you are used to there.. but the Arch is all there..

P.S. Size does matter.. I am in the Miltiary and i sometimes travel all over the place.. as right now i am in Iraq.. and the xbox is one heavy thing to Lug around.. the ps2 and gamecube are much nicer in this aspect. The only reason i did bring my Xbox is because i put a 300 gig harddrive and its loaded with movies and mp3's and tons and tons of emulators to play.. nothign for which M$ intended it to be used for..
true, you do speek the truth but they are great games arnt they i especcially cant wait for halo 2, and now that i have 5.1 i cant wait
ok for a start if you can read it says on the box "video gaming system" and in stores it is under the games console bit. so you are wrong.
so wht it can be used as a pc, but that just makes it better. Anyway with the right stuff you can make just about any electrical thing a pc.
So waht if the controllers use USB microsoft is a computor based comp so it was easy to use USB. What is wrong with thaat. And aint the ps2 trying to be a pc with added modems ands hard drives.

and buy the way why are you taking your consoles with you around iraq. Arnt you supost to me stopping terrorismand attacks like that.
good luck for the future anyway, but i guess the worst is over now bye
ok for a start if you can read it says on the box "video gaming system" and in stores it is under the games console bit. so you are wrong.
so wht it can be used as a pc, but that just makes it better. Anyway with the right stuff you can make just about any electrical thing a pc.
So waht if the controllers use USB microsoft is a computor based comp so it was easy to use USB. What is wrong with thaat. And aint the ps2 trying to be a pc with added modems ands hard drives.

and buy the way why are you taking your consoles with you around iraq. Arnt you supost to me stopping terrorismand attacks like that.
good luck for the future anyway, but i guess the worst is over now bye

See you don't get it.. All microsoft did was take a PC and try to sell it as a video gaming system.. there is nothign Innovating about it.. at all.. read the article i posted about the specs of all of them..

and if you want to know my job.. I am a Electrical Power Production Journeyman.. My mission here in Iraq is to Supply power to operational Facilities.. Via Small generators or which i am currently working at a Power Plant.. So i can be here typing this while i maintian the power plant so people can sleep in warmth or have lights to work on operations to deal with stopping terrorism attacks. to me that was a rude comment to make.. Also i have an obligation to this site since i am the maintainer of it.. And when i get chances to maintain it i do.. but my Military career will always come first and formost.. even over my wife and daughter which will be spending x-mas with my parents because they bought tickets to see me in japan for x-mas before i found out i was getting shipped out..
OK sorry about that,b ut still if microsoft wanted to make a small pc and shove it in a box and say its a video game sytem they can and they did , and seen as tho its sales are now higher than the ps2 and game cubes whats your problem, it cant be all that bad.
OK sorry about that,b ut still if microsoft wanted to make a small pc and shove it in a box and say its a video game sytem they can and they did , and seen as tho its sales are now higher than the ps2 and game cubes whats your problem, it cant be all that bad.

I don't know where your figures are.. IN the US since Thanksgiving the Gamecube has had higher sales then Xbox.. partitally from the price cut.. though i think in Uk with the addition of the 2 pack bundle with like halo and project gothem racing 2 etc.. that it is ahead of gamecube.. But i think gamecube is going to released a bundle pack also.. and if you are talking in Japan.. Xbox sales are lower the PS One.. so you might wanna look at world wide sales a little more..
i got my figures in gaming amgs and they clearly state that xbox sales are rising and ps2 sales have dropped by around 20%. Gamecubes are also going up. Seen as tho i live in teh uk thats all i really care for. and anyway Japan, the home of sony and nintendo, no one thought xbox would lead the markets but its rising. Lately "27 xbox games stun TGS as earthquake rocks japan". Xboxes exclusive RPG jade empire made "waves in japan". "Its only a matter of time" say game developersBig Grin
i got my figures in gaming amgs and they clearly state that xbox sales are rising and ps2 sales have dropped by around 20%. Gamecubes are also going up. Seen as tho i live in teh uk thats all i really care for. and anyway Japan, the home of sony and nintendo, no one thought xbox would lead the markets but its rising. Lately "27 xbox games stun TGS as earthquake rocks japan". Xboxes exclusive RPG jade empire made "waves in japan". "Its only a matter of time" say game developersBig Grin

for japan you actually gotta see it.. When alot of stores i go into now don't even have an xbox section in them.. And also when you go and they still have an xbox display but they have put a gamecube in it to use the tv and speakers on the display case.. You would see that i don't think it will ever do good.. They will have to reorganize and plan better with xbox 2 or next what ever its going to be called for japan..
Also some more figures you should watch is actually Software sales.. Because myself alone i have probably modded over 100 xboxs in the last 1.5 months.. But i know those people are not buying the games also.. they borrow from friends etc or rent.. So with the xbox and modding being so popular its more to watch software sales..

also i probably know 2 other people that have done more xbox modding then i have..
This is a story using official UK figures ending 6 December 2003:

Quote:Sony's mind-bogglingly successful PS2 continues to wow the Great British public, with just under a staggering 97,000 units shifted for the week ending December 6 - that's up nearly 25 percent on the previous week...Ninty's GBA sold just over 6,500 units...The GBA SP reached just over 38,000 units however, an increase of over 20 percent.

GameCube enjoyed a similar rise, selling just short of 19,000 units, while the Xbox climbed 16 percent to shift over 25,000 units...

Source: Computer and Video Games (link to story)

Japan, the home of sony and nintendo, no one thought xbox would lead the markets but its rising.

Rising yes, leading no. The Xbox is beating the PSOne and the Wonderswan - it's hardly cause for celebration.

Quote:Below are the sales figures for the week of 12/8 - 12/14 as tracked by Japanese research firm Media Create. For reference, the second number shown reflects cumulative year-to-date sales figures for each console.

PlayStation 2 - 116,400 (2.64 million)
GameCube - 53,600 (777,600)
GameBoy Advance SP - 51,900 (2.04 million)
GameBoy Advance - 9,500 (1.12 million)
Xbox - 2,600 (96,000)
PSone - 400 (62,700)
WonderSwan Crystal 290 (17,200)

Source: Polygonmag (link)
fahad,

I can see that you are enthusiastic about the X-Box but I also see a lack of any evidence to back up your claims. You are making some very biased opinions without any sort of reference.

You are also showing an inability to grasp points made by others in debates. Your best response to an articulate argument has been to retort with corporate propoganda rather than looking at facts.

I probably wouldn't have bothered posting if it weren't for the insulting comment made towards Schultz. Even if he is posted to fight terrorism at this time, he's not on duty 24/7. It's nice to have some entertainment to look forward to when off duty.

Just stop and think about what you are replying to in the future. If you are stating something as fact, please post a link to your information. If you prefer something over something else, please tell us what it is that makes you feel that way.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Mmm...corporate propoganda.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
i hate console wars.
fahad17 you like xbox games so why assult other systems and the people who prefer them ? just keep your mouth shut and play your damn xbox. i like xbox because it is a good way for people who have an old computer to play new games. all systems have strong points. i like ps2 for their wealth of games and pure inovation, nintendo makes some of the absolute best games(regardless of whether or not they appeal to your gaming taste) and produced a damn fine system too, and xbox is capable of doing everything a computer can do, sometimes people use this power to play games visually superior to other consoles some of which are availble only to xbox. on the other hand ps2 games are the poorest when it comes to graphics, gamecube has a limited selection when it comes to games and xbox is just a computer......so what dose this all mean? how dose all this affect us when it comes to playing games................depends on the game! ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES. console wars are useless waste of time. i dont say to people i prefer to PLAY ps2 or gamecube or xbox, i tell them i love PLAY jak2 and silent hill and zelda and i cant wait to PLAY ninja gaiden, because you PLAY the games not the system. why limit yourself to one console and defend it like it was personal? all systems are just empty shells untill you put a game inside(except modded xboxes).........remember ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES.