Worst Anime
Awww...you gotta love Lain in her teddy bear jammies Big Grin
Gasaraki was cool, I also liked Key the Metal Idol but I really didn't like Lain, found it pointless, went nowhere.

Not a big fan of DBZ too, never liked the show never will. Everything is just so dragged out, it shouldn't take 4 episodes to for a fight to start but it is like one of the most popular animated shows in the world so its gotto to have something going for it.

MD Geist, crap
Big Wars, lower than crap. I saw them like 10 years ago when I was easily impressed by anything "Japanimation" and they were so bad they turned me off anime for a while.
MD Geist is the Demon Hell Spawn of anime.
Apple Seed is the Anti-Christ of anime.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Well i normally don't like to jump into these conversation's but i will have to say.. i will have to agree with alot of the people that complain about newbies hating Dbz just because its so populer.. and like Zagatto i would like to see people back it up.. But then again i won't argue because it would be like argueing with a brick wall.. I will have to Say i like Dragonball / Z / GT i dislike GT the most outta the Series and i will have to say i dislike the buu saga the most outta Dbz.. but overall the i like the whole series.. Alot of character development. but i will end there..

Lain i thought was also pretty well thought out.. But hard to follow.. i think most people don't like it because they could never understand it.. So they just say they don't like it because they couldn't figure it out.. but i will admit i watched it like 2-3 times to fully figure out what was going on.

but for my top 5 list i would have to go something like this..

1.) Kenshin all the Way..
2.) Berserk
3.) Initial D (Not Tokyopop's shitty american version)
4.) Outlaw Star
5.) Ranma 1/2
5.) Slayers
5.) Kimiguare Orange Road
5.) Maison Ikkoku
5.) Flame of Recca

There are so many other ones.. too many to count.. Ones that i didn't care for..

1.) Excel Saga i just never could get into it.. her going crazy all the time and never making any sense.. Also i haven't been able to watch the whole thing.. Guess like Zagatto says if it don't keep you interested then its really not very good..

2.) Ninja Resurrection they just need to burn this thing and say they never produced it.. god was it horrible.

other then that i really can't think of much.. I am generally pretty easily pleased with most of the anime i have..

But i will end with this.. Everyones post's here are there Opinions don't critise people for there Opinions because there is no right or wrong.. the only part that is wrong is if you have a opinion with nothing to back up why you don't like it.. just because its popular isn't a reason to say it sucks..
I normally avoid these threads and was avoiding this one too until I heard Dark talking about it in another thread on here.

I'm not gonna jump on the 'I hate newbies bandwagon becasue they try to be opinionated and closed minded about things they don't know.' Not because I don't agree with that. Just that I get tired of dealing with newbies and have realized it's pointless. so I just tend to ignore ignorant opinions that involve yeling and absolutely no type of reasoning behind their opinions at all.

Favorites-
Bebop
Kenshin
Berserk
Lupin Movies
Initial D

Least liked-
Trouble Chocolate
Revolutionary Girl Utena Movie
Kai Doh Maru

I don't feel like typing, but if you want to know why I didn't like them, just ask. Although if you've seen some of those series, you might understand why I didn't like them.
Naruto seems to getting a bit boring now.... they just gonna try the juice the show for all its wirth it seems.... i like recap episodes and filler episodes but not when about 1/2 the series is them ugh.... i guess it is gonna go down the DBZ route for me :S.
Obviously newbies can be seriously annoying. Nobody can deny that, but IA loves new people. Hell they took a chance with me. There are some annoying members in the community, including those who think anime should be "underground". Suddenly Inu Yasha isn't good because it's on CN. DB sucks because more than you and a few choice people know of it's existence. Also the new fans who don't have the foggiest clue how far anime has come drives me insane. "Look at these cheap HK DVDs I can buy. Who needs to buy R1 when I can buy these?" (This mentality angers older fans like myself, but it's a powder keg on any HK board. Though I'll say this. If Maison Ikkoku stops again, don't blame me, because FX and fellow customers can't spend a few dollars more).

Under-rated series

Virtua Fighter - Suprisingly good for being based on a videogame. The dub was intentionally funny which is something new altogether. Situations, both romantic and dramatic, are kept fresh.

Devilman OAV - The Manga dub hurt an otherwise amazing OAV. Using 70's-style animation a true noir classic is retold with fast pacing and plenty of gore.

Maison Ikkoku - Regulars know I would sneak this in. What a classic romance. No it's not by the creator of Inu Yasha, Inu Yasha is by the creator of Maison Ikkoku.

Riding Bean - A fun one shot OAV that takes viewers on a wild ride (no pun intended). The Sonoda character designs are amazing and paved the way for a Gunsmith cats OAV.

Over-rated

Magic Knight Rayearth TV - Mediocre at best in the opening season. It's a simple journey anime which is completely unoriginal. After having a great ending we are taken into season two. Season two progresses nicely giving hope but the ending falls flat on it's face. I had a sick feeling in my stomach when I knew there was too much to wrap up in the final episode.

Plain bad

MD Geist/ Genocyber - I lump both together because of their early CPM origins and their home together in the Mecha Masters Box. The first is the only anime I have fallen asleep to, and the latter has the crowning title of being the only title I actually turned off, which says a lot. Obviously I will have to rewatch and buy them when CPM heavily discounts them sometime next year.

Debutante Detectice Corps - I watched this tape dubbed. What a waste of money. Having very little plot, it was used in Japan to showcase the talents of several voice actresses. Unfortunately that translates to very little in America as we are left with a relatively pointless thirty-five minute feature.

If anyone cares I can post some more in any category.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie
There are some annoying members in the community, including those who think anime should be "underground". Suddenly Inu Yasha isn't good because it's on CN. DB sucks because more than you and a few choice people know of it's existence.

Call me crazy, but I actually like Pokemon as it's one of my anime guilty pleasures (the first season was good anyway). Pokemon gets much flak from "serious" anime fans because it was overexposed and the fan base consisted mainly of weiner kids 10 and below. But if you try to look at the series objectively, it's really not that bad. REALLY!
Quote:Originally posted by Steve_the_Talking_Pie

Riding Bean - A fun one shot OAV that takes viewers on a wild ride (no pun intended). The Sonoda character designs are amazing and paved the way for a Gunsmith cats OAV.

I would have to agree that Riding Bean is underrated. It's too bad that it was only a 45 minute one shot. I'd love to see more of Bean Bandit.
Under-rated

Super Bestial Machine God Dancougar - A 1986 series about invading aliens and their campaign. Several teenagers become young soldiers, piloting animal machines that combine to form a frightful robot. Brutual and Frank depictions of war. Released by Software Sculptors on VHS.

Bad

Rizelmine - A clone of Urusei Yatsura in a sense. Full of ecchi jokes, despite the leading lady being twelve years old. Too much of a Cream Lemon vibe.

By the way, Zagatto I'm glad to hear about Votoms. I bought the Right Stuf Bundle for $80 a while back. It looked great because of the 80's animation but honestly the 16 discs seemed to good to pass up. :p
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Might as well pop in.

Favs
1) Revolutionary Girl Utena TV
2) Kindaichi TV
3)Read or Die TV (after only one episode!!)
4) Escaflowne TV
5) Detective Conan movies

least favs
1) Anything written by Rumiko Takahashi
2) Initial D (hate hate)
3) Onegai Twins (too sickly sweet, generic, and boring)
4) Najica (plot, anyone?)
5) Noir (just couldn't get into it)

I liked Excel Saga, but I can understand why some didn't. Most of the newer shows have fantastic animation, but are just so STUPID or boring. Then the classics are older animated so less of a chance of being licensed (Kindaichi)

I haven't seen it in a while, but I enjoy Dragonball Z. I hate the dub and everything about it, but I like japanese version a lot a lot. I plan to buy those gorgeous R1 rips soon.
You're the exact opposite of me. i love anything Rumiko takahashi. And also loved Initial D and liked Noir too. And I can't stand Utena. Interesting how people can have totally different tastes.
Have you tried Utena TV, OOC? The movie isn't that good at all unless you've seen the TV shows. If not, buy the R1 rip when it gets out in a month and try it, it is FAR better then the movie.
Quote:Originally posted by dvd_master
Might as well pop in.

Favs
3)Read or Die TV (after only one episode!!)

It'll slow down a bit after the first episode, lots of character development episodes and plot doesn't go forward much but ep 11 and 12 really pick it up. Don't think it'll be very slow from now on.

Only saw a bit of Noir, didn't like it too much, 1st episode was great but after that it got kinda boring. I'm gonna check out the rest of the series though. Didn't like.hack/sign at all, stopped watching after 3 episodes and I don't plan to continue it.
Well, by 'I only saw one episode' I mean episode 12 that I downloaded raw that the ONLY person uploading disconnected at 98% therefore leaving me with a video that will freeze every other minute unless I drag the slider slightly forward. :mad: