Saddest Anime Moment
Grave of the Fireflies... that was so depressing.
Barefoot Gen anime wasn't too bad but the manga really made me want to cry.

Fortunately none of the animes based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms reaches the point where Zhuge Liang dies or else i would definitely cry, to see him toil so hard to restore the Han and it is all for nought. Sad
Hands down when Wolfwood dies in Trigun.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
Hands down when Wolfwood dies in Trigun.

yeah I do have to admit that got me tearing up too. poor Wolfwood Sad
[Image: kisacolorbar7ui0yp.png]
Nuriko passing on in Fushigi Yuugi =(
Quote:Originally posted by Rei1781

Yeah that one sucked because two episodes before that, you find out why he dresses the way he does, and you really become attached to the character.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Quote:Originally posted by Rei1781

While it was very sad [Seeing he's one of my favorite characters] I think Mitsukake's death and Hotohori's death were the saddest. Mitsukake's not because of how he died, but because of Chichiri's reaction to it, and Hotohori's because Nakago killed him like a little punk-ass bitch, and then you see all the soldiers around him kneel down right as he passes.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Well, let's see here. This post contains obvious spoilers for those who wish not to have their anime tear-jerkers... well... spoilt.

I have plenty. Although I've never cried in an anime.

< Spoiler warning, once more... >

As mentioned before, the scene when Ryouko presumably dies onboard Ryo-Ohki was a tear-jerking moment, especially when the music let out that final cry of desperation as the blood ran down her arm. Terrible.

When Misato lectured Shinji before throwing him into the Evangelion lift and collapsing. That was probably the moment in anime that I came closest to crying... And then watching Shinji sink into a wave of sadness upon realising the blood in his mouth was from Misato. Awful.

When Vegeta cried before Son after Freezer shot through his heart. That was a dramatic scene, and it really did move me.

Another terribly sad scene is in the Love Hina anime, after Naru interferes with the boat 'date' between Mutsumi and Keitarou. When Keitarou asks Narusegawa if she is cold, and she snaps and yells for him to shut up, then looks around and he glances at the ground. I really find thats scene to be upsetting for poor Keitarou.

The story of Kaji is really sad in the Evangelion manga.

For those of you who don't know, Kaji lived with a group of children after escaping his orphanage. One of these children was his younger brother. They would take it in turns to sneak into a millitary installation to scavenge food, and Kaji was one day caught and beaten up.

He was going to be shot unless he told them where his friends were hiding, so he reveals this and narrowly escapes. He emerges from the base just in time to watch a millitary truck pulling away.

When Kaji arrives back at the hiding place, his friends and brother have been killed because he weighed their lives against his. This is something he never forgives himself for.

Shortly after the incident with Fuyutsuki's abduction and interview with SEELE, Kaji is seen standing before the fan clutching what seems to be a gunshot wound to his stomach. He tants his assassin before receiving a final shot. He is then seen laying motionless on the ground in a pool of blood.

Kaji: Is this my end...?

His brother and friends now appear around him and inform him they've come to get him, and he simply smiles and passes on. I found this really touching.

Wolfwood's death was saddening as well, as was when Vash witnessed the ship Rem was on explode. That tore me up inside.

When Asahina dies in Rah, it's terribly sad.

That's my ten cents.
Quote:Originally posted by The3rdChildren

As mentioned before, the scene when Ryouko presumably dies onboard Ryo-Ohki was a tear-jerking moment, especially when the music let out that final cry of desperation as the blood ran down her arm. Terrible.

That was one of mine, and you are absolutely right about the music. The music in Tenchi was perfect, even listening to the soundtrack brings a little tear to my eye sometimes. I beleive music has a powerful effect on the scenes specially depressing ones. Such as the case in Grave of the Fireflies or for that matter Twilight of the Cockroaches.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Whoa!!!! Did you just resurrect a thread that's been dead for over 8 months??? How many pages of posts do you have to sift through until you even find something this old?
wow vicious, your everywhere. i wonder, if i post a reply on some ancient thread, would you know about it?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Not that I want to paint Vicious in a different light than he's been used to being in but it's no big deal that he knew about the post on this ancient thread. All new posts get moved to the top of the thread list.

Hey look, this thread is back to the top of the list. Just like that.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Quote:Originally posted by Ryoku Slayer
Is it wrong to bring back dead threads? I mean, the only reason that I brought it back is because i thought that everyone has watched something new and would like to share their thoughts (the topic of this thread). If it is wrong to bring back dead threads then I won't do it anymore.

If that's the case, you make a new thread. People may not want to have to refresh their memory by reading through a whole thread. ANyways, threads die for a reason, mostly because there isn't much else left to say.
Quote:Originally posted by Homeless Joe
wow vicious, your everywhere. i wonder, if i post a reply on some ancient thread, would you know about it?

Like Zagotto said, once someone makes a post, that thread gets moved to the top of the list and gets flagged with a different color to let you know that there is a new post. So yes, I would know about it.

And like Kakomu said, there really isn't a reason to go back and post in a thread that has been dead for a long time. It's probably just better to start a new thread at that point if you think what you have to say is that important.

What really amazes me is that people take the time and effort to go and find these threads that are so old.
I agree the scenes mentioned are extremely sad but I'm surprised nobody mentioned the final episodes of Last Exile! Luciola dies, Alex dies, Shetland dies and worst of all (to me at least) Dio-sama dies. It's so depressing!
Also, Haibane Renmei has some heart breaking moments that brought tears to my eyes.
Naruto has way too many moments of crying out loud. super strong depression. on this series at least.

i cried at least 6 times for this series. lots and lots of tears from me for this series.

it's that touching. same goes with the manga version of Naruto.
"Naruto vs. Sasuke, who'll win?, you decide"