Top 10 favorite Anime series
ADV is re-releasing anime in Perfect Collections. These are the full series on DVD for cheaper than the separate ones. Blue Seed Separate R1's $120, Perfect Collection $60 (saw it for $40 at Best Buy). Martian Succesor Nadesico Separate R1's $180, Perfect Collection $90 (though I believe you can find it cheaper). Ditto for BGC 2040. Let's hope ADV keeps up the good work.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
blue seed separate dvds come to like 70 bucks while perfect collection is 34

http://www.uln.com/cgi-bin/vlink/702727031229IE.html
Thanks for the link. It has awesome prices.

Yeah, I'll be picking up blue seed from bestprices..Nadesico too although the perfect collection isn't out yet. that's due in september.
I know, but definately l'll be looking at it when it does come out. I also have to preorder my You're Under Arrest.

*BUMP* We have a lot of good new people posting on the boards, let's resurrect this post. Add your favorites, kiddies. =)
Shibo -- Buying happiness...One anime at a time

Currently Watching:
Princess Nine, GTO

check out my anime DVD collection ^_^
Let's see, out of the two series I have dvds of:

1) Trigun
2) FFU: vol 1
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
How long have you been watching anime?

My belated Top Ten:

01) Trigun
02) Berserk
03) G Gundam
04) Macross Plus
05) Initial D Stage 1
06) Ghost In The Shell
07) Ninja Scroll
08) Evangelion
09) Akira
10) Patlabor 2

I haven't seen much so I have to go with what I've seen!!
There's a few more but weren't any good!
"Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend retreat."
"Something wicked this way comes."
Funny thing is that we have none of the same things on the list. I'll have to check out some of the things you've seen, like G-Gundam. :mrgreen:

As of 9-8

Serious
1) Key
2) Noir
3) .hack

[ I'm thinking of adding something like Grave of Fireflies to it once I actually see it. ]

Fun
1) Dendoh
2) Angelic Layer
3) Scryed

[ I thought about G Gundam and GaoGaiGar but they were a bit too long... ]

Hilarious
1) Magical Project S
2) Excel Saga
3) Puni Puni Poemi

[ If I had seen more of Kodocha or Azumanga Daioh I'd probably put them here. ]

Shoujo
1) KareKano
2) Pretear
3) SaiKano

[ NeoRanga season 1 *might* count, except season 2 is too weak and more of a "kaiju of the week" deal than "shoujo with giant robots". Admittedly I haven't seen as much shoujo as I probably should have. ]

Overall
1) Key
2) Dendoh
3) Angelic Layer
4) KareKano
5) Scryed
6) Noir
7) .hack//SIGN
8) Magical Project S

[ I still think Key is a masterpiece of animation which inspired future anime for years to come, most notably Evangelion; almost every principle of humanity in Eva is taken from Key. Dendoh's just a fun show in general, homaging Super Robots while taking Digimon and making it *better*. Angelic Layer is a big G Gundam reference from CLAMP, who chose to do their usual "let's take a genre and make it better" routine, mixing shoujo and fighting anime. KareKano is probably one of the best character-driven pieces I've ever seen in anime, using Anno's introspective techniques in a lighthearted fashion. Scryed is a fast-paced, plot-driven fighting anime which has the unfortunate drawback of having a terrible ending. Noir is one of the first HK anime, sporting none of the typical anime tropes while keeping massively stylish. .hack is an anime about online culture that wasn't boring (i.e. Lain), and while 1-8 was good, 9 and 10 have bored me thus far; hopefully it'll get better and pick up soon. And finally, Magical Project S is the penultimate mahou shoujo parody before Puni Puni Poemi, and Poemi was more of Nabeshin spazzing out than a focused parody. ]

So that's that for now. It'll probably change in the future. Tongue
-- "Your victory will be our bravery."
That's a real complete list. Didn't EVA come out before Key (the metal idol). I really want to see both of the before stated series. Though you only mentioned 8 we'll let it slip through the cracks. :mrgreen: Heh heh just kidding. So Dendoh's pretty fun? I'll have to check it out. Do you need to know all about Tenchi to watch Magical Project S? :mrgreen:

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

That's a real complete list. Didn't EVA come out before Key (the metal idol). I really want to see both of the before stated series. Though you only mentioned 8 we'll let it slip through the cracks. :mrgreen: Heh heh just kidding. So Dendoh's pretty fun? I'll have to check it out. Do you need to know all about Tenchi to watch Magical Project S? :mrgreen:

Evangelion was first aired October 4, 1995, and lasted until 1996. Key debuted in 1994, I believe. Evangelion's also hardly an original series. While it did have a huge impact on the anime world, it's really overrated in many ways, in that many series before it did the same things far better (examples would be notably G Gundam and Key, among other super robot shows of the early 70s and 80s).

Dendoh's a great anime, it's a flashback to super robot goodness and references everything from Superman and Braniac to Combattler V, Voltres V, G Gundam, and Star Wars. It's not a parody reference, however; more like a homage.

And Tenchi knowledge is not required for Magical Project S because MPS was a specific alt-cont that had absolutely nothing to do with Tenchi. The only recurring characters are Sasami, Ryo-Ohki, and Tsunami, and they all have nothing to do with their Tenchi incarnations.
-- "Your victory will be our bravery."
Thanks so much. EVA might not be original, though I hear it is a well thought out story that deserves sometime to at least see. As far as Key goes, I hope to slip it in the R1's sometime in May (yeah I have my series planned out until then, sad. Cry ) Heh heh, time management is always good. :mrgreen: Thanks for answering my questions.

I've heard good things about .hack//SIGN can I get a few opinions??
Please peoples!! :twisted:
Thanks in Advance! :evil:

Steve, G Gundam is an aquired taste, the first ten eps are slow and very campy, but once the devil gundam storyline kicks in full-steam it's extrememly kewl!! :evil:

I want a Gundam to fight and become the ruler of Earth!!! :twisted: Big Grin :twisted:
"Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend retreat."
"Something wicked this way comes."