Top 10 favorite Anime series
I knew the series was going to be awesome. Since the DVDs weren't going to be out for a while I said fine just dish out the money. I had it preordered back in July of 2001. Heh heh. It was suppoused to be out that Christmas. Ah oh well it's finally here and it blew me away. I didn't know it could be that good. Ayukawa Madoka reminds me of Kyoko Otanashi. Madoka actually might end up being my favorite anime female lead.
I just finished KOR DVD #10 today.. Ayukawa is most certainly my favorite female lead.. Gotta love that air of mystery.. Hikaru chan has got to be one of the more annoying female characters in my recent memory.. *Daaaahliiiing* *cringe*
Finished KOR DVD 5. I should have watched more but I watched 4 episodes of Knights of Ramune instead. At times Hikaru is cute, but we all want to see Madoka and Kyosuke get together. IF THEY DO, NOBODY TELL ME.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Schultz check out the Ranma 1/2 3rd post if you haven't. Also I don't know if you have seen, but I suggest you see Maison Ikkoku on HK DVD. The set is awesome and the series is the best.

just read it.. and will put it on my list of things to buy to watch.. ;o) thanks.
Definately. Have you seen Those Who Hunt Elves? The show is awesome. I bought it on R1. It's one of the few episodes that I actually didn't care for after the first episode. What's nice is the R1 is on 2 dvds with a price tag of $60. The show has a good DUB, and the SUB is not a dubtitle. The DUB is far off from the SUB, but it is good in it's own respect. I watched it SUB but I might rewatch it DUB because it sounded good to me.

These are in no particular order :wink:
  • Legend of Basara
  • Robotech
  • Sailor Moon
  • Fushigi Yuugi
  • Flame of Recca
  • Hana Yori Dango
  • Kenshin
  • Escaflowne
  • Transformers
  • Teknoman

Im sure Im forgetting a series but this list always changes...Ayashi Ceres and Evangelion will crack the top 10 when I see them
I recommend Maison Ikkoku (HK DVD) and Kimagure Orange Road (Animeigo). These have to be two of my all time favorites.

Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

I recommend Maison Ikkoku (HK DVD) and Kimagure Orange Road (Animeigo). These have to be two of my all time favorites.

I haven't gotten a chance to get these titles because I remember you mentioned them to me before, but I will soon most likely at the end of next month hopefully
Nice. They are wicked good. I was going to buy Hana Yori Dango because I remember you saying it was really good. Instead I bought Kodomo No Omocha. After I finish watching all the stuff I own (got more, 8th man after, Izcer 1 and some old school 801 T.T.S. Airbats) I'm going to buy some more fan subs. Besides Hana, I'm looking at Brother Dear Brother, Wedding Peach, Lamune and 40 Fire as well as some Hime Chan's Ribbon.

Edit!! 9/7/02, adding Fushigi Yugi, removing Tenchi. Tough choice, but hey, tastes change over a few months. Wink

1. Card Captor Sakura
2. Rurouni Kenshin
3. Black Heaven
4. Kimagure Orange Road
5. Di Gi Charat
6. Vision of Escaflowne
7. Fushigi Yugi
8. Serial Experiments Lain
9. Neon Genesis Evangelion
10. Record of Lodoss War

This is of course leaving out great standalone movies like Ninja Scroll and My Neighbor Totoro.. And the kenshin stuff would include the absolutely fanastic OVA #1. Haven't seen the 2nd OVA. This list of course is subject to change, since I haven't finished Fushigi Yugi and I'm ordering Love Hina next week. Wink
People here have better taste than I thought. Tongue And, I REALLY want to see Di Gi Charat. ;_; I may get the HK DVDs. (I just ordered Boys Be, so it'll be a while. @_@)
"You are one of the most stupid people I know! I hate you! I wish you would DIE! DIE, DIE, DIE!"-- Me, in one of my happier moods.
Have to admit Kodomo No Omocha has to be one of my favorite shows. I got my fansubs and watched the first three episodes (i've seen up to 4).

Boys Be is in my "To Buy" list. As is Maison Ikkoku. Gotta get a few R1's out of the way first though.. Gotta finish my Oh My Goddess collection, and pick up the movie.. Also need Nadesico (I hear the HK is crap), Boogiepop, and Dual.. Oh, and Blue Seed. So prolly September for Boys Be, October for Maison Ikkoku. It would be nice to be able to buy them sooner, but limited cash limits me to 1 or 2 titles a week and R1's are hella expensive. This weekend's purchases were AC/MI Ghibli Collection and Escaflowne movie, for those who might be curious. ~_^
Nadesico HK sets (all of them.. AS AV and MI) suck big time... hopefully FX can do it sometime.... as for Blue Seed, AS has all 4 DVDs R1 rips out... thought i do hear that theres a R1 set of it released.. something like 35 bucks?.. so R1 and HK will come out to about even... ~_~ competition!!