name your least favorite anime and why?
Mikey, I definitely agree that Love Hina is overhyped and that it is not at all times the most subtle of series, but I think you might wanna keep watching for a few more eps. Love Hina does have a lot of filler and "air-splitting-sword-maneuver!" but I think it comes off as rather endearing if you accept the often dreamy reality of the show. It really takes quite a few episodes to pick up, but when it does it has many wonderful moments. Smile

OK. I know I am doing precisely what I just said not to do, but after viewing just a few eps of One Piece I have concluded that I simply cannot stand it and that the Liar Boo guy is the grossest-looking thing to ever live. I usually LOVE anything nautical/pirate-themed but this one just escapes me. I'm sure I'm incurring some wrath here, but I just have this strong aversion to the series. Maybe someone can explain to me what I'm missing. Smile
Seen so many sucky animes that I couldn't remember all of them. However, there are a few which really suck big time.
Knights of Ramune: Stupid girls who keep comparing size of their boobs. Stupid story too. Only watched 10 minutes of it.
Sorry about this but I HATE Sailormoon. It is sooOOOoo .......I watched an episode with my niece and that was the last time. I really don't know why girls like them so much.
Labyrinth of Flames...what's the hype abt panties?
Maetel Legend: BORINGGGGG.........the way those characters are drawn, they look like the world's gonna end anytime. 10 minutes and that's it.
That sorceress in Slayers, motion picture and books of spells, Maggot or sth like that. Dohz...I hate her laughter. HAAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA!!!!!!! Makes me feel like pulling all her hair out and smashing her face into the wall whenever she makes that devastating noise! :p
Can't remember the others......will post again if I ever remember
I was highly unimpressed by Gatekeepers. I think the storyline was rather weak and the action uninteresting. The OVAs were good though.

I know I've mentioned AWOL so no more on that.

Vs. 40 fire and the whole Brave Saga.

Sentimental Journey was okay for a few episodes but got really boring really fast.

I's OVA just was the absolute worst thing that could possibly have been done to I's (an amazing manga)

Better stop there Smile
Eh, give One Piece alittle time man. It just keeps getting better.

Id have to say...
Akira
Every anime fan must see this. You could start a scale of suckiness on this flick and say things like "Yeah, but it isnt as bad as Akira". Too much in too little time. Shoulda been a mini series.
Fatal Fury
Only saw the first, with the blue haired woman. Atrocious. But maybe it was just the dub and edit job Sci Fi did to it.
Ghost In The Shell
Overrated pile of junk...
Gunnm
Man, this cant hold a candle to the manga. The plot sucked something atrocious.
Psychic Force
I liked it, kinda. Seemed it needed more than an hour to go on, like things were forcefully wrapped up cause someone ran out of money or something.
Tekken
Its been said, but in case you forgot, it sucked. HARD. THE SUCKIEST EVER.

And I cant believe these two werent mentioned...
Ninja Resurrection
Jubei from Ninja Scroll? NOT. Seems hes Jubei from Samurai Shodown. But sure, believe what you want. It still sucks.
Rurouni Kenshin OAV
The Ending one, not the Prequel. I havent seen it, but Ive heard, and been told that it is one of the most depressing piles of trash to ever see the light of day. I know what happens, and thats why I havent seen it.
Love Hina-Unimaginative, deeply unfunny, and jammed-packed with a cast of annoying characters.

I! My! Me! Strawberry Eggs-See above.

SD Gundam-There are no words that can accurately convey how much this sucks.

Divergence Eve-See above.
well.. i could say a few that i didnt like... trouble chocolate is one... knights of ramune also comes to my mind... ebichu is also not my style... also every and any hentai.

Now i feel really astouned by some comments here... Bubble Gum Crisis? Love Hina? Slayers? One Piece? Akira? GITS? I! My! Me! Strawberry Eggs? Fruits Basket?

Do these above suck? Well i would think normal for a person say its not they're style... but that they suck? now cammon people... these are some of the best anime series/movies available... and to my biggest surprise... someone mentioned Kenshin OVA... WTF? This is a masterpiece... you might not like it... but don't say it sucks... and never say something sucks when you havent seen it yet.

Be more reasonable... there are those series that are obviouslly BAD (i cant remember one) but there are those series that one might not like... just say you don't like them... you cant say they suck.

Well anyway... its good to see suck multitude of oppinions. ^_^
I have to agree, it really freaked me out to see stuff like Akira and Ghost in the Shell, when their is crap(again matter of opinion) like The Humanoid and Psychic force and Tekken and 95 percent of all hentain out there, but I think some people really feel that way about these series, but its just a matter of opinion, you know to each their own. Now I'll watch anything, and I mean anything once(except for Gasaraki, but I really tried.) so I'm willing to give anything a chance.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
I'm watching the last handfull of episodes to JoJo's Bizzare Adventure as I type this. It is the worst Anime I own. DO NOT BUY THIS STEAMING PILE REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH YOU LIKE THE GAMES!!!! I hate this show and have BARELY played the games. I know the story pretty well and regardless of my tastes and knowledge of the series, this show SUX ASS!!!! I have owned the entire anime Series for almost a year and have not enjoyed any of it except for the Gambling man episode. It has taken me this long to finish it and will GLADLY be up for sell as of tonight!!!....Anyone who says they REALLY like this anime is a LIAR!!! I can see liking choice scenes but not the anime itself!

The games are quite awsome mind you. And so is the Manga. Just so you know I really do like JoJo for what little I do know.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Hey man, to each their own. I think Ghost In The Shell and Akira sucked. Overrated trash, matter of fact. Manga was fifty times better. In a way, Im saying what DarkOsamu said about Jojos Bizarre Adventure.

The Kenshin OAV... cmon man, everyone, EVERYONE, said it sucked. Im just telling you what I heard. And notice I said ENDING. The first one blew my mind. I was so amazed, and I love it. A shining example of good anime. But the ending, cmon.
But Ill give you credit, you have a point. I shouldnt speak on what I havent seen.

One Piece and Slayers... some of my fave animes. Fruits Basket, Ive read some of the manga. Good stuff.

Thanks for that warning DarkOsamu. I was just about to buy it, but now Ill download first.
Yeah the last few eps are good in JoJo but that doesn't save it. It still sux ass. Everyone knows the subs suck. That wasn't the problem. It is slow and boring and rushed and nothing is worth waiting for when something does happen and AAAHHH!!!! It sux so bad!!!
Quote:Originally posted by kamykami
SD Gundam-There are no words that can accurately convey how much this sucks.

The American version on Cartoon Network? Superior Defender Gundam?

True Japanese SD Gundam is awsome.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
sd gundom could be alot better ya know
-The boy's screams excited me far more than yours. --Tomo, Fushigi Yugi

-look me up some time Cool http://www.myspace.com/chappas
Boy House of the Dead and Underground look terrible too. I KNOW HOTD is going to suck nuts. It's full of stereotyping just from the commercials. Underground looks like a big Goth party for a bunch of whiney losers who feel "out of place in society" bullshit. Kida like Daredevil and the Matrix!!!!
lol yea
-The boy's screams excited me far more than yours. --Tomo, Fushigi Yugi

-look me up some time Cool http://www.myspace.com/chappas
Quote:Originally posted by NVash
The Kenshin OAV... cmon man, everyone, EVERYONE, said it sucked. Im just telling you what I heard. And notice I said ENDING. The first one blew my mind. I was so amazed, and I love it. A shining example of good anime. But the ending, cmon.
But Ill give you credit, you have a point. I shouldnt speak on what I havent seen.

I dug the Kenshin ending, I thought it was the perfect ending for a great series, it sure as hell made up for the last 5 episodes of the Tv series. There was just no other way Kenshin could have ended, like in the way bebop ended, everything just came to a close. sniff sniff
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!