Excel Saga Mac??
I concur. I'm eagerly anticipating the proper release of the set. *tick tock tick tock*

*sighh*
Any word on the "real set" yet?

-Zero
FX just released their perfect collection set so I think the Mac set won't be far behind. I've got patience so just let us know when the good news happens and thanks for the awesome consideration JJ!
Keep yourself marketable...earn an MBA.
Where'd you see the FX set?
At another well-known HK site that carries anime. You've probably heard of them.
Keep yourself marketable...earn an MBA.
I just received the real set...and after a quick peek at some eps from all the discs, it looks like an excellent release!
Pikachu, could u be kind and post a review of the set as soon as you get a chance Smile I am sure alot of people are eagerly waiting on the final word (espcially after the wrong set fiasco)
I've updated the old review with my first impressions of this release and I'll be sure to update it again when I finish watching the series.
MAC Excel Saga quick breeze thru

Ok, got the set today, l thought l got the old AS one again, as once l popped the disc in, the same menus appeared. However, this time under subtitles there is an option to choose english. However, there's no ADV notes which some people might not like, and l was quite disappointed by this exclusion.

Anyway the picture quality seems the same as the old set, it seems like they just ripped an english track and dumped it in. l seen one episode so far and there's not missing subs, but l have to check again since I'm tired from last night.

Also chapter breask are wierd, unless its me of course which it may might be, but like the last set l can't seem to skip, or fast forwarded the intros. It seems to be one chapter, one episode further evidence its the old As set with an english dub now.
old AS set with english dub? I though the old set had bad subtitles? are you saying this new set has bad subtitles?
l should have been clearer, l meant they used the old AS set for the video, same menus but added the eng dub, and the R1 subs instead of the old ones.
No, they used all new video I set up two TVs and watched the first 10 min of each at the same time there is a definite video difference most noticably on the intro(No Japanese Subs or Japanese Names, all English) and the Video seemed slightly sharper. I also borrowed my friends Disk 1 R1 and watched it along side and the Subs are damn near perfect. I just hope the series gets more funny as it goes along because right now it can't touch Di Gi Charat for all around funny mayhem.
Ok, sorry video is better but why the MI logo?
l lie it is R1 ripped the video, otherwise the ADV license stuff wouldn't be there, l apologise
Does it have the ADvid notes that explains the jokes?