Lakers 4peat. Kobe 4 MVP
You heard it here first, the Lakers will win 4 titles in a row. Kobe will get robbed of the MVP, but will will them to victory nonetheless.

Anyone else have any thought on the NBA playoffs? I created this thread because I'm not a hockey fan and can't participate in JJ's thread. Cry
well Im not a basketball fan or a hokey fan, and for that matter a fan of soccer football baseballl or any other team sports. so I have to pretty much stay out of these types of threads completely. :mrgreen:
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS!!!!! MVP will probably go to Garnett although Kobe is the obvious winner.
[Image: bs.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by "bigstick"

LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS LAKERS!!!!! MVP will probably go to Garnett although Kobe is the obvious winner.

Finally. Someone else on here with some taste. I just bet this guy at work $100 per series no matter who the Lakers play. That should hook me up with alot of anime cash. :twisted:
The Celtics Pride is back. Man they can do it. It's called a Cinderella story. :mrgreen:

I'm not trash talking or anything, but Kobe is shit, with his game. He gets the royal super star treatment.

Perfect example was tonight's game Spurs vs. Suns. The game was able to get into overtime on two free throws from Marybury. How did he get them? By being "fouled" by Gionobili. I'm sorry but he got royaly stuffed by the white man. What a little fucking bitch. There was no foul, it was all ball. That bitch just can't take it. Anyways Suns end up winning, but their two lucky shots won't save them in the west.

Another great example is the 1998(?) championship series. Jazz and Bulls. Jordan driving up the court trips on his own feet, for real. What do they do? Call a foul on Bryan Russel because he was anywhere near the diaster.

Are the Lakers good? Yes, they certainly are. Are they that good? Hell, no. The Celtics beat them in the regular season. Shaq should follow out in the first quarter every game. The way he bangs his shoulder makes him seem like a shaved ape. No offense but he has nothing but power. Bryant is very good, but can he actually win without the other players.

Basically I take sports as a regional thing. I love the Celtics, and the Patriots. Hate baseball but I root for the Bo Sox. Why does everyone like the Lakers? There is no regional spirit too them. The Irish came to Boston during the Potato famine, hence the Celtics. Lakers? Where are the lakes in LA? It was the stupid Minneapolis Laker (land of a thousand lakes) before the team moved.

Anywho, I'm not attacking at you guys Vicious, and bigstick. Us basketball fans always have to stick together. :mrgreen: and avoid hockey at all costs. I just really hate the lakers, after all I'm a Celtics fan. :mrgreen:

I'm not posting that much anymore, but NBA playoffs are always a time to get excited. Especially after that March Madness high. :mrgreen:

Peace in the Middle East, Steve
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Ok I am a fan of many sports. (golf too if I am playing) but the lakers 4 peat ... man that is a long ball... I personally like the Spurs... and Dallas from the West... That will be the finals there and as for the East I am an Indiana man... So I root for the Pacers... I think (or hope) it will be the Celtics and the Pacers or in the East finals....
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Steve's back!?!?!? Steve, don't worry about attacking my "teams". I'm used to people attacking Kobe and all that stuff. I don't take it personally. Sports is sports and people are very adamant about their points of view. It doesn't bother me.

As for you saying Kobe gets the superstar treatment. He does. But he's earned it. Just like MJ did and your boy Larry Bird did before that. Could Kobe win without Shaq? On that team, No. Because the team is not designed around him like the 76ers are built around AI or the Magic around TMac. The Lakers are built around Shaq. Kobe doesn't have the right players to suit his game. Kobe wants to run up and down the court like the Mavs do, but noone else on the Lakers can keep up with him. But Kobe is still the best all around player in the league and is also the best clutch player now (that MJ's gone and Reggie Miller isn't his old self).

As for Shaq. He has alot more moves now than he did 5 or 10 years ago, but it is still his brute strength and size that makes him unstoppable. He probably does commit more fouls than he gets called for, but he also gets fouled alot more than they call as well. People bang on him, but it doesn't have the same affect as it would if someone did that to AI or Kobe, so the refs don't call it. It works both ways.

As for the Celtics. Get real. No team in the east can beat whoever comes out of the west in a 7 game series. I have nothing against the Celtics. I just can't stand Antoine Walker. A PF job is not to camp out at the 3 point line (unless he's named Dirk). Paul Pierce is good (and he gets that star treatment that you were talking about as well) but Antoine is total garbage. The Celtics will never get anywhere as long as 'Toine keeps chucking up 3's.
*Doing the Walker Wiggle*

Do you ever watch the Celtics? I never miss a Televised game. Toine can take in the paint when he wants to. He had some nice tip ins, against the Pacers. Despite the "crap" he might do, he is still a leader on the floor, and very dependable.

Did you watch the game? Artest kicked Battie in the face. A foul? Hell no. If it was Kobe, they would have called the SWAT team to take out the perpetrator. After Battie stuffed Artest, they ejected him. Go figure.

I remember Pierce getting slammed to the floor, against the Spurs(I want to say). He fell on his head and hurt his back. No, they didn't call a foul. He was out for five games after that. Even after losing our "super star", we could still win games. I wish I could say the same for the Lakers in the beginning of the season.

Shaq a big toe, injury you say. Kurt Rambis and Jack Sickma should slap you up silly. One of my best friends who was a couple of years older than me, played his final high school football game, on thanks giving, with a separated shoulder, and two broken fingers. How much money does he make for that again, oh right nothing. Grow up, you giant ass infant.

I'll be on later to do some more trash talking. :mrgreen:

fuck kobe, the lakers wouldn't be a contender in the playoffs with shaq. Even though i hate shaq i have to give some respect to him.
I admit, I can't stand to watch the Celtics for too long. You said he can go in the paint when he wants to. He might be able to, I'm not arguing that point. The fact is that he doesn't stay in the paint like he ought too. All I'm saying is that his job is not to be camping out at the 3 point line. He did a pretty good job of proving that fact at the 3 point shootout a couple months ago.

As for Shaq, I'm not defending his childish behavior. He does need to grow up. When asked why he waited so long for his toe surgery, he said "I got injured on company time, so I should be able to recuperate on company time also." What a dick. On top of that, he's dumb. Have you ever heard him talk? All his interviews sound like they're scripted. I only like Shaq because he's a Laker. Other than that, I am not a fan of Shaq.

I am however a huge Kobe fan. I will defend anything you say about Kobe. Because he was out there playing hurt with sore knees while Shaq had to rest his toe in the middle of the season. He was out there playing at the end of the season when Phil wanted him to rest. Kobe is not an immature little baby like Shaq. He goes out there and plays hurt because he wants to win that badly. He has the drive and desire that separates him and MJ from the rest of the league.

I saw the kick you're talking about. He wasn't trying to kick him. He was trying to kick the ball. It was an accident. Even all the commentators thought so. That aside, Kobe probably does get more calls than alot of players. But it's nothing new. All superstars get calls. You never denied anything about your boy Bird getting calls back in the day. Jordan, Magic, Barkley, Olajuwon, they all got calls. It's nothing to single Kobe out over. Like I said, He's earned it.

I am so tempted to start betting anime DVD's with you as to who goes deeper into the playoffs, the Lakers or Celtics. But I'm sure you're fearing the Lakers after their showing yesterday. And you won't have as much confidence left in your Celtics after they lose tonight.
Even if it was an accident, it's still a foul. Nah, we didn't mean to hammer him. Ok than it's a no call.

We lost. So be it. We still have the greatest playoff comeback in NBA history, so take that. :mrgreen:

I'm glad we gave you Rick Fox, because he is such a dick. And Robert Horry, I absolutely hate him. I'm very sorry that his son died, don't get me wrong. But that doesn't give him a right to do the shit he does. I would have T'd him up when he slammed the ball, the other day. That ruins a basketball and can affect a game. Also thanks for throwing a towel in Danny Ainge's face when you were on the suns. They should have traded him to the "better" LA team. Clippers pride. :mrgreen:

Hey Steve me and you have a little grude match going on but hey which ever team loses get's first bitching rights ok... oh and you better hope Paul puts up more 40 point games if you hope to win this thing...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by "Atomic Orgasm"

fuck kobe, the lakers wouldn't be a contender in the playoffs with shaq. Even though i hate shaq i have to give some respect to him.

What are you smoking? The Lakers go nowhere without either of those 2. I mean they might squeak into the playoffs, but they would get swept pretty easily. As for Shaq alone? Him playing only like 50-60 games during the season wouldn't help much. This year, they would've been a 25 win team without Kobe. Shaq missed like 20 games and really wasn't even healthy until the last month or so.

Steve, I actually like our role players, Fox, Horry, Fisher. I think Fox is a dick because there needs to be an enforcer on the team. He's our Bill Laimbeer or Charles Oakley. If Shaq tried being an enforcer, they would call him a bully, so Fox plays the role (too bad he got beat up by Christie in the preseason). Honestly, none of those guys would start on any other team. But I still like them, becuase they know their roles. Go camp out at the 3 point line and let Kobe drive and dish and shaq post up in the paint.

We'll see how far your Celtic pride gets you in the playoffs. You guys will never win a championship as long as you have Antoine Walker on that team.
Man, you sure have it in for Antoine. I like him, no matter how much you flame him.

That Celtic Pride, I talk about. You keep talking about winning and going far in the playoffs. It's fun, yeah, but winning isn't everything. I'm proud of the guys that work real hard, and what they have accomplished. Wow, did we make the playoffs with major super stars? Hell no, we make it with hard working nobodies like JR Bremer, Walter McCarty, Tony Battie, and Eric Williams. We don't rely on superstars. :mrgreen:

If you're a fan of the lakers, do you rout for the Clippers at all? They're from LA too. Why doesn't anyone ever rout for them?

Horry, is not a role player. I'm sorry. He's an excellent player who has won championships with Houston. He's an athlete, with tremendous ability. So is Derek Fisher. Rick Fox was our go-to guy in Boston (back when he didn't have girly hair). Face your team has the money, and therefore can do what they want. My team has heart and therefore can succeed. :mrgreen: