Happy Birthday Andromeda18_
indeed happy birthday Smile
and yeh, get off those damn comps and enjoy paris - french style (thats spittin on anyone who isn't white..... or French for that matter)
Vicious Wrote:Paris? Why the hell are you checking on a forum if you're in Paris?? :eek:

Ever heard of wireless internet? :p The hotel where I'm staying happens to have wireless internet and since I brought a laptop along with me I can talk to all of you without wasting any time. Wink

animeshop Wrote:indeed happy birthday Smile
and yeh, get off those damn comps and enjoy paris - french style (thats spittin on anyone who isn't white..... or French for that matter)

You know, everybody tells me the French are all a bunch of pricks but I actually find everyone to be very nice. They do spit a lot but that's because of the language and the way they talk. A woman on the street talked to me today and I could see lots of saliva coming out of her mouth. :eek: Big Grin
I'm really loving Paris, I went to Disneyland Paris yesterday and I had lots of fun. I've also been visiting this beautiful city which is a museum on its own. What I didn't expect was to be lucky enough to be here the day Onmyouza are throwing a concert (next Friday). Onmyouza are a J-Rock band (visual rock) better know to anime fans as the authors of 'KOGA NINPOCHO' the opening song of Basilisk. And in one of the many Parisian stores that specialize in anime and manga I found lots of J-rock albums for only $12 each. I just couldn't resist buying lot's of them (L'Arc-en-Ciel, Onmyouza, Gackt, etc). They even had Gackt's latest album that was released last Saturday!! This city is definitely one of the centers of the world. I'm loving it! Smile

gohan32 Wrote:Anyhow, Happy birthday you guys. It really doesn't seem a whole year ago that i last saw the birthday thread for Andromeda.

Time sure went by fast. Thank you all for making my birthday even better. Smile
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:You know, everybody tells me the French are all a bunch of pricks but I actually find everyone to be very nice.

They're not so bad in the cities. Its when you go to the little towns and you'll soon see what they're talking about. Then they become arogant, lazy unhelpfull pricks. Not all of them but most of the older people are not so nice to foreigners (young people move to the city's fast if they know what's good for them).

Paris is great. One of the best cities in europe, so much to do. Glad to hear you're having fun.
Basilisk has one of the best openings in recent years. How is the rest of their music?
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
kakoi_sugoi_yama Wrote:Basilisk has one of the best openings in recent years. How is the rest of their music?

Personaly, I like the rest of their music quite much, with the exception of one or two songs. The group has 2 lead singers a male and a female which results in a great and unique combination. I went to their autograph session today and they all signed my 2 albums. The guys looked a bit weird because of the make-up but the girl was really beautiful and very nice. I mean, they were all nice, even if one could tell they really wished they were elsewhere, but she was nicer than anybody else.

Here's some info on them:

Quote:ONMYOZA has male and female vocalists fronting the band. Their song lyrics, characterized by classical Japanese words and expressions, reinforce the traditional
Japanese cultural image the band projects. Concepts of ? movement and stillness ?, ?darkness and light?, ?resilience and yielding?, are typically explored in the music. Wearing traditional costumes typical of the Heian Period a thousand years ago, the band produces haunting melodies of great passion and elegance.

The music and the image of the band seem curiously mismatched at first, but an exquisite sense of balance effectively harmonizes apparent contradictions. Their music ranges from pop to hard rock. They have made a big impact in the two years since formation, thanks largely to their dynamic concerts.

Once seen in concert, fans never seem to tire of Onmyoza. Underlying their own claims to this sort of loyalty from their followers is a natural confidence in their music and performances. The band?s track record provides conclusive proof of their enduring popularity. The band members are all fine musicians in their own right.

and here's the website of the store where I bought their albums for $12: http://www.atomicclub.com/cgi-bin/atomic

At the moment their latest album isn't available.
Happy B-day Andromeda_18

I hope you are having fun in Paris. I just posted some pics from kane and I's wedding I hope you like them.
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
A bit late, I know, but happy birthday anyway :p .
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Hope you had a good birthday andro. Thanks for the AC dvd!

Just saw morgoraths location too. :p Agreed. It went from like 80s a few weeks ago to below freezing on at least one day this week. I like the cold and it got cold fast even for me.
Happy Birthday Guys!!! ^_^

Hope all is well with everyone
anyway just thoght i'd drop a Happy Birthday

Ja ne...

*goes back into underground lair*
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
morgorath Wrote:Happy B-day Andromeda_18

I hope you are having fun in Paris. I just posted some pics from kane and I's wedding I hope you like them.

Thanks for sharing with us pictures of such an important day. It's wonderful that you and Akane finally got married. Smile Hopefully, the both of you will come to the forums more often now. Wink

I had indeed a great time in Paris but my trip didn't end in the best of ways. On my way to the airport my purse went missing and with it my cell phone, sunglasses, MP3 player and worst of all my documents. Without my ID card they didn't let me board the plane back to Portugal. Only after going to the police and making a complaint did I get the papers I needed to board the plane but by then my flight was long gone and I could only come back the next day. Anyway, the good news is that my purse showed up at the train station I had been prior to the airport and now I'm figuring out how to get it back.

Changing the subject to happier events, Onmyouza's concert was awesome! Their voices are as good, powerful and clear as in the album. The girl has the most amazing voice! And I fell in love with the way Karukan, one of the lead guitarists, played the guitar. His solos gave me goosebumps!
The only problem was that the concert room wasn't the best. The stage should have been way higher. Since 3 of the band's members are quite small (the girl's 5'2'') I had a hard time seeing them what with all the people in front of me. Being 5'7'' and wearing 3'' heels definitely helped but the concert would have been even better in a better room, like the one here in Portugal where I attended HIM's concert, now that's a great room.

I also went back to the store where I had bought those albums for $12 and found L'Arc en Ciel's latest album. It's a great album. It's a must for fans of the band.

onizuka17711 Wrote:A bit late, I know, but happy birthday anyway :p .

cidien Wrote:Hope you had a good birthday andro. Thanks for the AC dvd!

rav96 Wrote:Happy Birthday Guys!!! ^_^

Hope all is well with everyone
anyway just thoght i'd drop a Happy Birthday

Ja ne...

*goes back into underground lair*

Thanks guys! Smile
Cidien, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie!
Rav, it's glad to know you're still alive. :p Hope you haven't been having a hard time in England.
happy belated birthday! you know, belated birthday cards are very funny, possible the funniest i've seen. sometimes i want to buy them and give them to someone just because they are so funny, and because they are belated, i could give them to someone any day i wanted! i was in paris this summer, i actually travled through europe for a month. hope you enjoy your stay there....are you back? if so i hope you enjoyed your stay there, lol
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
I loved being there but now I'm back, not that it's a bad thing. Wink Did you enjoy traveling through Europe? Which countries did you visit?
i had an awesome time. landed in london, from there i went to france, spain, italy, manoco, austria, switzerland, germany, and i ended with four days in amsterdam Big Grin
Homeless Joe Wrote:i had an awesome time. landed in london, from there i went to france, spain, italy, manoco, austria, switzerland, germany, and i ended with four days in amsterdam Big Grin

That must have been awesome! You were really close to Elcoholic you know?
yeah, does he live near amsterdam? lol i was stoned almost the whole time there, and the hieneken factory was awesome!! haha everyday we drank on the trip. in the mornings i had a bottle of water and after that it was beer or shots. hell i had a beer and sasauge at 10 30 in the morning in germany, and it wasn't just me there were a lot of people doing the same.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Andromeda18_ -spike- 19 7,473 09-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Andromeda18_