Jobs
I would definately say to shoot for what that dream job for you is. If you try now and it doesent work out at least you know you tried and don't have regrets later on when the oppertunity might not be there anymore. I am chasing one of my dreams right now have no idea if it will work out but if it doent I will have gotten it out of my system
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
id say go back to school i mean money is money and its important but its still money and you would still be doing a job you really like just less money.

With school if you want to get a job in your schooling then you gotta do it young my moms a teacher and its really hard to get into a job as a teacher if you wait. I know many jobs are like that not all just do your research before you start and ask people that do your future dream job too
Cyrus
gubi-gubi Wrote:I know the feeling. I really hate teachers with a passion so if I was to become one i'd be worried i'd become just like the ones I hate. Still if teaching is your real dream then you HAVE to do it. Work is horrible and I hate it. This summer i've been working at Vauxhall cleaning all the crap off their machines and stuff. It's been a nightmare but at least it's taught me that I have to do a job I want to do. Not just wanting to do it for money but enjoying what I do. Can't wait to get back to uni in September and study hard to get a job I will enjoy. Seriously you will just stress yourself to death in a boring job.

Jesus, where did you guys go to school? I'm a senior in High School now, and I can say that every single one of my teachers (except maybe two or three) were very very good, and they cared a LOT about the students. I had a Math teacher that would come to school early and stay after late so she could always help students, and even set up special appointments if you wnat to.

My mom's a teacher too. She used to love it, but with the news laws being implemented, including the AIMS requirements, that No Child Left Behind shit, and more and more restrictions, she is really finding teaching isn't the teacher teaching what she/he knows, but what the school district says they should know. I thought being a teacher might be cool (teaching computers, though), but with this world where teachers can get sued for giving a student a 0 because he cheated, it's just ridiculous.
dvd_master Wrote:with this world where teachers can get sued for giving a student a 0 because he cheated, it's just ridiculous.

Say that again! A teacher can be sued for giving a student a 0 because he cheated?!!! :eek: How's that possible? Are people insane?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Say that again! A teacher can be sued for giving a student a 0 because he cheated?!!! :eek: How's that possible? Are people insane?

Yes people are insane to say the very least before you know it people will be able to sue for just about anything. But I still have a hard time believing that there is a law that would actually allow something that stupid.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Yes people are insane to say the very least before you know it people will be able to sue for just about anything. But I still have a hard time believing that there is a law that would actually allow something that stupid.

No wonder kids aren't getting any smarter! Rolleyes
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Where did you guys think devo got their name from devolution, the human race has been going backwards for some time now, ever since people got the idea that technology will do everything for you and a lot of people just got lazyer ( I am not sure if thats the right word).
A 6th grader called his teacher a skanky b***h, but did not know she was behind him, he was suspended for 2 days and his parents sued the school saying the school was impeding his education, guess what they won!!!
People suck.
Jobs ???? What the hell is that word HAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA
[Image: bl453.png]
Puppet Master Wrote:Yes people are insane to say the very least before you know it people will be able to sue for just about anything.
It's because of stuff like this that teachers don't really try to help kids anymore, for fear of being sued/fired. They just sit back and collect checks. Not that many really care to begin with...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:It's because of stuff like this that teachers don't really try to help kids anymore, for fear of being sued/fired. They just sit back and collect checks. Not that many really care to begin with...

Reminds me of one of my teachers in my senior year guy was a MORON. He was more or less the scapegoat of ther morons...
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Wow...kinda glad I joined the Air Force. It may not be my dream job, but it's giving me the money and experience to do what I want later on in life. I'll retire at 38 with half pay, what happens after that is up to me. While I work in a field I don't much like right now, I'm being given the oppertunity to do something that I'm truly excited about!!

My only advice is to make a plan, and stick to it. If it requires you to work somewhere that isn't your dream job but it pays the bills, just so you can do what you want later on, do it. It's not all about the now...
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Ka-Talliya Wrote:It's not all about the now...
Not always....I've seen people like you tell themselves that their whole life. They work too hard to enjoy life now and by the time they stop, they're too old to do anything they wanted to...
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
That's their loss then. You have to know when to say enough is enough, and move on with your dream.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
dvd_master Wrote:Jesus, where did you guys go to school?

I went to a private school where it was actually legal to cane the kids if they wanted. The teachers never did but they would always try to hurt you anyway they could (they worst was twisting the hair at the side of your head on you temples really tight and dragging you by it). I can safely say I hate all teachers and never ever trust any.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I went to a private school where it was actually legal to cane the kids if they wanted. The teachers never did but they would always try to hurt you anyway they could (they worst was twisting the hair at the side of your head on you temples really tight and dragging you by it). I can safely say I hate all teachers and never ever trust any.

Holy shit, I would have been kicked out so fast.

But all the suing is something I worry about, but only while I teach here. Next summer I will be going to intern with a friend of the Family that owns an English teaching school in Japan. I want to teach here in the U.S. for a little while, but my eventual goal is Japan after I earn my masters in English. So, I'll do my best to give a damn about my students in that time and if some little shit head tries to sue me forgiving them an F then screw them, I'll just leave the country.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zagatto's job hunt part two Zagatto 10 5,601 02-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Last Post: YamiFan
  Zagatto has another new job Zagatto 13 7,512 02-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Last Post: YamiFan
  Networking and scary job interviews WandererX12 9 4,236 02-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Andromeda18_
  Another Nut Job.. Puppet Master 38 13,409 11-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Zagatto