Zagatto has another new job
OK... in the few years that I've been hanging out here in the forum I've held a few jobs. I've been an ISO Quality Control Clerk in the steel industry, I've taken class portraits of school kids, I've been a technician in a nuclear power plant and today I've been hired by IBM to do technical support. The really strange thing is that I'll be making just a little bit less money doing tech support than I make on unemployment. Oh well... this is a stepping block towards the future.

I really hope to stay with the tech industry for a good many years (hopefully till I retire). For now I'm happy just to have my foot in the door.

Yay me!
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Best of luck man hope it goes well
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Awesome. Good for you.

You'll probable need to take some courses won't you? And refreshment courses each year to keep up with technology and stuff.
I'm happy for you Zagatto. Smile I hope everything else in your life is also going well.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Thanks for the congrats folks... I just had a very weird phone call that basically says they hired too many people for the position they hired me for so I'm not going to start working doing tech support.

On the flip side, they also told me that there is another, better position they would very much like to interview me for instead. Instead of doing my employment paperwork tomorrow it looks like I'll be doing another interview.

meh..

oh... and I am a certified computer type guy who is in up to his elbows with computer stuff as long as I don't have to program anything. Just for fun I read tech manuals and follow all the latest developments in the computer industry. It's very odd that I haven't started working in this industry sooner.
Zagatto Wrote:Thanks for the congrats folks... I just had a very weird phone call that basically says they hired too many people for the position they hired me for so I'm not going to start working doing tech support.

On the flip side, they also told me that there is another, better position they would very much like to interview me for instead. Instead of doing my employment paperwork tomorrow it looks like I'll be doing another interview.

meh..

oh... and I am a certified computer type guy who is in up to his elbows with computer stuff as long as I don't have to program anything. Just for fun I read tech manuals and follow all the latest developments in the computer industry. It's very odd that I haven't started working in this industry sooner.

Wow that sucks good luck with your interview hope it all goes well.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Zagatto Wrote:Thanks for the congrats folks... I just had a very weird phone call that basically says they hired too many people for the position they hired me for so I'm not going to start working doing tech support.

meh..

hehe so basically they are telling you that you where over-qualified for that paticular position. ;o)
Good luck man. That is one thing that would be annoying though. If you're moving down in job position but you need a job a lot of employers won't seriously look at you because they figure you won't stay long. Glad you have a shot at an even better position. =P
cheers man, good luck
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I do tech support. But I don't read a damn thing about computers or technology in my free time. Everything I learned is from doing it at work. I still couldn't tell you what the fuck is the difference between an IDE, Parallel, or Serial cable. But I can fix the shit so it works again and figure out what goes where well enough that they moved me up to Executive Suport pretty quickly. But I'm opting out of the executive support in another 30 days. I asked to be put back to being a regular tech because I can't stand working with the other executive support guy.
Vicious Wrote:I asked to be put back to being a regular tech because I can't stand working with the other executive support guy.

And that's Vicious for you! Big Grin
Long time no 'see'! What've you been up to?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
It's cool that Vicious does tech support (my computer education is a sham really).
I'm also not surprised to find that he doesn't get along with someone.

"plays well with others" isn't something I'd put on his resume.

Seeing Vicious post again is a good thing though. He's a part of this forum that I always welcome.
Zagatto Wrote:It's cool that Vicious does tech support (my computer education is a sham really).
I'm also not surprised to find that he doesn't get along with someone.

"plays well with others" isn't something I'd put on his resume.

Seeing Vicious post again is a good thing though. He's a part of this forum that I always welcome.

It's not that I don't get along with people. All my users love me. They like me more than all the other techs. This other guy whose on exec support with me started recently, but he's gotten ahead by ratting out others. Anything you say around him gets back to the boss. Plus he seems slimy. Like if he messed up on some President's PC, he'd do anything to try and pin the blame on me. I don't trust him and neither do alot of my other workers. I don't want to work with some guy I don't trust.

I haven't been around here much because I've been worker longer hours at work lately. That also doesn't give me as much time to watch anime anymore.
Vicious Wrote:I haven't been around here much because I've been worker longer hours at work lately. That also doesn't give me as much time to watch anime anymore.

First priority... Family.
Second priority... Job.
Third priority... Anime/Forum

cherish it.
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>