new job at burger king
fainly got a job that i know that i will get payed thank god but i dont know if i should have went to some other fast food joint
-The boy's screams excited me far more than yours. --Tomo, Fushigi Yugi

-look me up some time Cool http://www.myspace.com/chappas
I can't stand working in fast food. Working in Retail is pretty decent though, I work at Big Lots.
[Image: gametz-ad6.gif]
it was the only place i could aply to that i could get working papers for
I personally would disagree about retail vs fast food... I would rather work at fast food than retail.... fast food, u have people coming in to buy stuff... while retail u have mall rats walk in and out and your job is to be on them like flies and shit trying to sell stuff to them, and most of the time you are paid commision.. or minimum wage or commision, whichever is higher...

so fast food is less headaches.
I've got a job working at an ice cream shop about 15 min. from home. I get one free come a day. Which is better than money in my opinion.
The monkey with the most
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
I personally would disagree about retail vs fast food... I would rather work at fast food than retail.... fast food, u have people coming in to buy stuff... while retail u have mall rats walk in and out and your job is to be on them like flies and shit trying to sell stuff to them, and most of the time you are paid commision.. or minimum wage or commision, whichever is higher...

so fast food is less headaches.

I think you have Sales confused with retail. Retail you run register, stock, clean etc.... Now in Sales in some places it could be what your describing (like in Radio Shack X-P), however alot of retail places don't have commision so they leave you alone unless you want something Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Big Lots etc..
[Image: gametz-ad6.gif]
I don't believe you.

A) YOu can only get a work permit at 14 years of age, and that is NOT valid in food service.

B) Burger King hires only at 16.

Your profile says you are 14, so you can get a work permit, but you can't get a job beyond places like a grocery store.
Quote:however alot of retail places don't have commision so they leave you alone unless you want something Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Big Lots etc..

...yeah the people at walmart and k-mart are real good at leaving you alone...especially when you do want something.

I've mostly worked retail for the 11 or so years of my working life and it's alot better than waiting on people. They come in wanting a specific thing (usually) and then they leave...when you wait on someone at a resuraunt or even fast food you have to wait on them hand and foot like they are children untill they are done eating. But that could just be my disenchantment with society talking.
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu
I don't believe you.

A) YOu can only get a work permit at 14 years of age, and that is NOT valid in food service.

B) Burger King hires only at 16.

Your profile says you are 14, so you can get a work permit, but you can't get a job beyond places like a grocery store.

I know for a fact that it depends on the state.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
what happened at working at a coal mine since age 8 ?
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya

I actually asked OpOx since he goes to school with the guy and he said it's 15 where they are. So he still wouldn't be able to work.

Also, I agree totally with Kakomu. The guy is full of lies. I've just given up caring and try to ignore his posts the same way I used to ignore Batz.
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya

child labor laws don't
Quote:Originally posted by kakomu

When I started working in Fast Food, you had to have a work permit and that was it to be hired.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Working in fast food sucks....it was my first job and at the end of the day you're dead tired and you smell like grease. Desk jobs rule!
I used to work at BK as a kid. Never touched another BK meal since. Actually before that i never had a BK before either. Not that stuff is inedible, just you get soooooo sick of it.

For the record, chargrilled does taste a bit better. Big Grin

In summer it is hell as it is so hot and there was no air con. So i sat in the walk in freezer for 5 min spells. Big Grin

Some customers were really nasty and treated you like crap. They wanted their stuff immediately and make out you forced them to come for a quadruple whopper when they missed their train and proceed to use you as stress relief. -_-

But on the whole it's not a bad job at 16 years old. Free happy meal toys for the taking. Big Grin