Great News!! FX Ressurection *well sort of*
Are you meaning the Sku-code on that set? (Bar Code is a strip with bunch of bars that computers can read.) But either way "I don't know"
Kiruyuki Wrote:I know the thread is kinda misleading, but thats why I put "sort of". I think people understand what I mean anyways. Well sorry for not making it clear Sad .

I wonder how EZD will do the limited boxes for kenshin, fushigi yugi, etc.
And that is why the title should be more like
Good News XYZ is redo'ing old FX sets! which is proper subject to your thread.. ;o)
Schultz Wrote:Hate to say it but this thread is mis-leading.. FX is not coming back.> just another company is producing there old work. Which already sounds like they will have cheaper cases. Real news would be when FX actually comes back or another company replaces them and starts producing new series.

To be honest I'd say it was Floras new company... Why would a random company out of the blue be intouch with only certain retailers? It's obviously Cashan is still in contact with Flora... As for the cases, I prefer them, especially on 2 disc stuff... Last longer and fit better on the shelf with official dvd's...
because there is money to be made! of course why does any company do something for the fun of it? Also the thing about the report is i don't think this is Flora doing it again. .Unless the info was not given right to put that because they say thanks for getting copies of the discs.. Basically they didn't have copies of everything so it seems people sent them copies so they could make copies of them..

Also i could be looking too deeply into it and we should take it for what its worth.. Big Grin
Schultz Wrote:they say thanks for getting copies of the discs.. Basically they didn't have copies of everything so it seems people sent them copies so they could make copies of them..Big Grin
That's one of the things that was making me think it was FX, because who;d have sent copies to this new up-coming company, hence it's likely they've been around.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Yea but it looks like they asked people to get them.> Like you or i actually send them copies of the disc's because they didn't have them.. Once they have them they can start remaking them.

If they where ties to Fx they wouldn't need to do that is all i am saying.
Schultz Wrote:If they where ties to Fx they wouldn't need to do that is all i am saying.

Why wouldn't they? If Flora had all his stock taken, his houses taken and his staff arrested then I doubt they had masters left. My original point is why would this company only contact Cashan? Did JJ get this much info? Bella? Cashan used to fly to HK to meet with Flora so I'm sure he would be first to know any action Flora was planning...
I also doubt he'd have a hard time tracking down a few of his own sets... not to mention I doubt they have every set they've ever made.
Yea but from what i heard is Cashen started being less and less of Flora's main buisness since he started trying to sell legit dvd's and opened his store in Colorado.
I think everyone is jumping the gun. The only company that is trying to do new stuff is MAC, and general word from MI is that they are also doing new stuff again. EZDVD .. eh they do live action, but does anyone remember the anime they did (FLCL), but that wasnt the best rip and it was right from an FX master..so i wouldnt get the hopes up yet on new titles for a long time to come.

If they are reprinting the line then great, we'll all have a steady supply again of dvd's; but in turn, if they are not "quality" then its just another bootleg of a good bootleg.

B
Well EZDVD will not compare in quality as FX has over the years. But I don't see any high rollers investing into EZDVD to market anything sweet from the HK undergrownd. As for MAC and MI... oh jesus.. MAC is just a cheap wannabe version of FX. But MAC does have some strong points.. And MI would have to really do a lot of work to impress me with the whole english dubs they been having lack of since sad to say the majority of anime lovers, love dubed versions from funimation, and the gawd awfull expensive crap from adv.. Hell people in USA could start their own company using duel layer DVD's and the new HD codec from Apple to make bootlegs and sell them here and prolly do a better job with compression plus having no worry of some piracy bust. Cool
Ghost dog, welcome to the forums but your talking out of your ass Big Grin . MAC and MI have made plenty of perfect sets of their own and especially MAC has made some with perfect quality. Also they have a much much bigger catalogue of titles and I believe they have been arround longer than fx has. (and watch the ADV bashing, its a sensitive subject here Wink )

Now in other news, Cashan's shop has just stocked Hellsing Fx or EZDVD, I'm not exactly sure. Anyway the perfect rip business is finally starting up again. Now the only question is if JJ can stock stuff from these guys?
elcoholic Wrote:Ghost dog, welcome to the forums but your talking out of your ass Big Grin . MAC and MI have made plenty of perfect sets of their own and especially MAC has made some with perfect quality. Also they have a much much bigger catalogue of titles and I believe they have been arround longer than fx has. (and watch the ADV bashing, its a sensitive subject here Wink ) Well for one what I said was pretty much true. Most mac sets just happened to be fx rips.. thats why I said wannabe.. and MI needs to jump on the Dub bandwagon even if I happen to dislike none origanal japanese diolog. But I did say mac had some stong points to them I just did not mention them.. Like they did a kick as job with Jinroh Special Edition Boxset. But most movie covers and box art are just crap looking. As for ADV bashing, I think its well deserved.

Now in other news, Cashan's shop has just stocked Hellsing Fx or EZDVD, I'm not exactly sure. Anyway the perfect rip business is finally starting up again. Now the only question is if JJ can stock stuff from these guys?

But the Real Question is when are new sets going to come out, I mean who cares about old FX sets.. I mean what good is a bootleg of a bootleg? a shoeleg? If I was MAC I would take advantage of this whole situation and make better quality box sets.. Or back to my other idea just set a group of anime lovers who know japanese and make our own sets in usa and just fan sub them. I mean come on who wants to wait a year or two just for funimation or adv/manga to dub them.. what a waste of time and money for people who are into bootlegs. But I guess that would be too much work for people these days.

True, but they have to start somewhere. Maybe they need some funds before they'll be able to start producing new sets.

MAC should indeed have taken advantage of the situation but they've been having problems for atleast a year (before that they were pumping out new perfect sets weekly). I think they've had their own customs problems, just not as much as Fx.

Good luck making these sets in the us. In asia they use illegal profesional plants where the discs are being pressed. You'll have a hard time finding illegal pressing plants in the us. And they do make some amazing covers for the gatefolds which do add to the value for me. I doubt some anime lovers could set up such a business in the us. HK's are big business in asia and it would take quite a few full time employees to set up such an operation. If you just want burned fansubs there already are plenty of places to get those but that is hardly competition to HK's.

Anyway, lets stay positive and hope that things will be back to normal soon. Fx/EZDVD have quite a few new titles they could rip.
Well to get back into the positive side of things I sure hope EZDVD does me proud cause I am a FX Fanboy. The idea of Fansubs would be nice for the newest of anime straight out of japan. I am pretty sure talent could be found. But I think lack of funds would be the biggest of problems. I had a odd dream after my last post about being on CNN for a illegal anime ring. But anyways, HK anime in general has been getting a lot of heat from all of these piracy laws that have been taken in effect. I do look forward to what EZ has to offer when it comes to new sets... Gungrave anyone? Or how about some Samurai Champloo!? Oh and who could forget the Gits series? norbody forgot that one I think?