Poll: Perfect Collections....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
definetly the way to go
93.55%
87 93.55%
singles are better
6.45%
6 6.45%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

perfect collections
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Dang! I am here thinking that the DVDs are taking up my shelf space, contemplating whether to change them all to thinpak packagings. I can imagine how much space the tapes are taking up.Wink

I actually just started thinpakking my stuff to save on space. So far, I think I've thinpakked about 100 of them. What sucks is that I always bought the boxset if available. So I can't thinpak alot of my stuff, otherwise I will be left with these empty artboxes.
I havn't started it yet coz like u, I mostly get the artboxes.....I don't really want to dump the dvd cases too.........
It does save on alot of space though. I'll have to remember to take some pics for you one of these days so that you can see the difference.
Sure! Thanks! What did you do with the coverart/inserts in the dvd cases? I know that if i were to store them some place else, I'm gonna lose them eventually. I'm quite a scatterbrain.
Quote:Originally posted by Japschin
Sure! Thanks! What did you do with the coverart/inserts in the dvd cases? I know that if i were to store them some place else, I'm gonna lose them eventually. I'm quite a scatterbrain.

Covers are usually cut and edited to fit the thinpak cases. Alot of people tuck inserts behind the cover art. The only problem is the excess reg. sized DVD cases left over (which you could always sell or donate to a thrift store).
Yeah, you have to do a little bit of cutting on either side of the cover to get it to fit. And I bought the memorex thinpaks which have a little clip on the inside to hold the inserts. But I did basically have ot throw away 100 regular sized DVD cases.
Bandai is releasing all those bricks now, I think it's a good thing but some aren't cheap at all, Witch Hunter Robin, .hack/sign, scryed each has an MSRP of 150$US (yes, yes, I know you can get it for much cheaper but when I compare prices of DVDs I always use MSRP to be consistent). That's not much of a saving than buying the indivual DVDs with a box, I much prefer a box than an ugly brick and I wouldn't mind paying a bit more (not too much tohugh Wink) to get a boxset. Plus when you buy an entire series in one shot I do think there should be a significant discount compared to buying all the DVD indivually. I bet you they'll drop the prices of those complete collections in the future when sales of them sag a bit.
Actually, they said all those are supposed to be limited edition sets that are only going to be available for the holidays. Also, some of them are supposed to come with goodies. And not all of them are bricks. There are a few that are supposed to be regular boxsets.
I wonder if the Love Hina complete collection is going to be a boxset or a brick. Imagine a 9 DVD brick!
I believe that one is not a brick.
Flame away after reading this entire writing.

Most people on here are out of touch with the anime market and how it works. Sad but true, most know absolutely nothing.

I love when people compare R1 prices, and you say I would hate to spend $120 on 13 episodes on Lain. Look online, pick the series up for honestly $60 shipped, brand new. Is that really that bad?!?

Akuma's comment was stereotyping. Right, all R1 buyers are preppy rich white people, who don't understand the "workingman's plight". Big Grin I

Do what you want, with your money, but some people, please get a clue as to what you are trying to say.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Vicious Wrote:Actually, they said all those are supposed to be limited edition sets that are only going to be available for the holidays. Also, some of them are supposed to come with goodies. And not all of them are bricks. There are a few that are supposed to be regular boxsets.

It says they are bricks in this article
http://www.animeondvd.com/conitem.php?item=105
I was at Otakon too, and that was one of the questions I was gonna ask him. Not all of them are supposed to be bricks according to Jerry Chu.
What is a brick anyways? Is it a perfect collection like Boogiepop and Robotech or what?
Brick is a multi-discs container. Just like GTO (FX/MI) cases. They do not come in individual dvd cases.
Heh...they are ugly but much cheaper than individual volumes and kind of space saving at times.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about Ninja Scroll TV Perfect Collection FX Batz Kage 3 3,301 12-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Batz Kage
  Gundam Z and Gungrave PERFECT collections from MI bmvtoys 27 11,830 11-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bmvtoys
  Gundam Seed Destiny Eng Dub Perfect Collection? toogood 6 4,514 11-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Cidien
  Gantz Perfect Collection DUDE! 4 3,410 09-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Last Post: animeshop
  ? on Ranma TV Part 4 Perfect Collection Endymion86 3 3,184 08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Last Post: zrdb
  question about MAC Blue Seed perfect collection. Mot_Soldats 1 1,284 01-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Elcoholic
  is there a R.O.D (read or die) TV perfect collection? hitoyou 6 3,759 12-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Cyrus
  Fruits Basket Perfect Collection? Kaze 7 3,660 11-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Kaze
  Why perfect collections arent perfect - my analysis Liete 7 3,193 09-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  FX - Love Hina TV - Perfect Collection Question politoe 5 3,432 08-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Last Post: politoe