LadySilverice...WELCOME!!
I'm in the same sort of boat.
My job still doesn't start for another week and a half so I've been spending more time than usual in here. I've also been taking advantage of the days off and going on road trips and doing things but this is a good place to rest while the bank account recovers...
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Let's see... that would be MY junior year of high school... so yea... about 6 years. Wow... time really flies!
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
Quote:Originally posted by Zagatto
I've also been taking advantage of the days off and going on road trips and doing things but this is a good place to rest while the bank account recovers...

I know exactly what you mean! I almost didn't buy the HK's of InuYasha from here cuz I wasn't sure I could afford it! How sad is that?
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
You two look like a pair of gothic chicks. I've always loved how gothic people look and tried to dress like it for a while.. couldn't pull it off though. I don't think I have the right attitude for it. Plus I tried it in the summertime and I couldn't take the black clothing with the heat :p Lady, I'm glad you're having fun writing in the threads. I don't start work til next monday so I am always browsing in this site. I worked at an office where I was bored to death and I would go on AIM all the time to try to pass the time away.
Oh yeah.. I've also got $40,000 worth of loans after finishing college Sad I am getting nervous thinking about how I'm gonna pay for it. I'll probably consolidate my loans pretty soon. I was pretty lucky because my family did fall in the bottom category and I got a lot of financial aid. I never asked them for a penny when I was in college and took everything out in loans, so my whole college education cost me $40,000. I am pretty thankful though because the rest of that was paid through government funds and scholarships.
Quote:Originally posted by ladysilverice
Let's see... that would be MY junior year of high school... so yea... about 6 years. Wow... time really flies!

Are we that old already? Too bad we don't live closer to one another. Imagaine the havoc we could cause!!
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Quote:Originally posted by Nina182B
Oh yeah.. I've also got $40,000 worth of loans after finishing college Sad I am getting nervous thinking about how I'm gonna pay for it. I'll probably consolidate my loans pretty soon. I was pretty lucky because my family did fall in the bottom category and I got a lot of financial aid. I never asked them for a penny when I was in college and took everything out in loans, so my whole college education cost me $40,000. I am pretty thankful though because the rest of that was paid through government funds and scholarships.

Yea, I'm taking a year off, I still have one year left, but I need to bring my loan load down and replenish my bank account. My Dad told me straight up in the middle of high school that he wasn't going to help me with school, so I've taken it all out in loans. Fortunately, when I go back to school next year, I won't be a dependent anymore, so I'll get more aid, hopefully... at least that's the idea!
~Lady Ice~
Quote:Originally posted by Ka-Talliya
Are we that old already? Too bad we don't live closer to one another. Imagaine the havoc we could cause!!

I know, I feel really old right now. Even though I'm not THAT old. Muahahaha... all we have to do is both get stationed in Germany. Then Europe will never be the same again!
~Lady Ice~
Quote:Originally posted by ladysilverice
Fortunately, when I go back to school next year, I won't be a dependent anymore, so I'll get more aid, hopefully... at least that's the idea!

I hope that works out for you! A friend of mine did that and because she put the salary she made working part time at a restaurant, she received a lot of aid :p I also thought being in the military meant they covered your school tuition.. I guess they only give you a little bit???
I worked my way through school and didn't take any loans out until my very last year so it took me six years to get my three year degree. If I could do it all over again I would take advantage of those scholarships and grants that I neglected and go to school full time.

All my friends who did the full time student thing are now way more settled than I am and much happier with their jobs. Sure I had more fun than them for a few years but I think they'll be better off than me in the long run.
I hope that works out for you! A friend of mine did that and because she put the salary she made working part time at a restaurant, she received a lot of aid :p I also thought being in the military meant they covered your school tuition.. I guess they only give you a little bit???

I don't go to an official US Military school like West Point. It's a private military school and you don't get military funding unless you're ROTC scholarship or military enlisted. I can't get either because of medical issues. Otherwise, I would have my education paid for. I go there for the discipline the environment provides and the friendships that are formed. It's a very close bond.
~Lady Ice~

Actually, the US military currently has 100% tuition assistance. They may or may not cover previous college loans, though.
"MADE IN HEAVEN, FORGED IN HELL"
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_
It's amazing how you and Vicious are alike ladysilverice! I always thought Vicious was unique! Guess I was wrong! Wink

What are you trying to say? Although, I guess there are many worse people on these boards that you could've mentioned. So at least I'm not grouped in with them.

Hahahahaha. You two were goth chicks.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious

Only for a little while. I was more than she was. But she and I were definitely angry children back then.
~Lady Ice~
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious

You are almost right with your statement there.
It should have read "You two were hot goth chicks."