Doom 3
from what i have read even the x800 can't utilize all that Doom has to offer, for that matter there aren't any graphic cards that can handle the game completely.
That's because the next gen video boards are coming out in a couple of months. The people at id utilized the game for those cards no the ones currently marketed.
He he... who needs a signature when you got such a cute ass kitty avatar.

I think I'll call him McGuffin
thats what the x800 is(it's a next gen board), ati is using thier new G RAM which is better than the RAM we currently use.
oh sorry I don't really follow ATI video cards. Now this is confusing...mabye they did it so, when cards come out that can handle it it will still have descent graphics. Their pretty much doling the opposite of what Irrational is doing with Tribes: Vengeance... they desided to dumb down the graphics a bit so, older systems can play.

thankfully doom 3 was dumbed down enough for me to play it.
I think I'm gonna have to wait a while to get Doom III. I don't think my Intel Celeron Prosscessor cantake it.

I figured out that if I save 50 bux a week for 3 months, I could have a DOOM 3 playable pc. I figured up everything on http://www.newegg.com ...

3 Months = 12 weeks
12 weeks x $50 = $600

Soyo Dragon Ultra Black Label AMD-8151 Chipset Mother Board for AMD 64 Socket 754 CPU
$147

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512k Cache Socket 754 Processor/2.2Ghz
$218

Mushkin 184 Pin 512MB DDR400 PC-3200 RAM
$80 x 3 = $240

So for just about 600 Bucks and my current kickass vid and sound cards I could have a SMOKIN' PC!!!!

I'm goin' for it!!!!!!!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Is anyone else disapointed with Doom 3 Multiplayer? Single player is great, but looks like they didnt even try to do anything good in multiplayer.. 4 players per server max (as stated in the manual is total waste of spending the time for them to make multiplaeyr game to begin with) although i see 8 and even 12 player games.. point stands... why bother if you can play games like Return to Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory with maps of 64 players with no lag... or even Call of Duty... 64 players... best multiplayer game play ever (rifles only rock, I kill joo fool!)

anyone else waiting for Call of Duty Expantion thats coming out in September, it will have Tank Warfare Multiplayer! woot... I am curious if its gonna be like Battlefield were you run around and enter a vehicle... would be super sweet.

anyhow back to doom... Single player is great... supriced at how well it works with not the best systems, multiplayer is total let down... but either way this game is far better to play that Dues Ex 2... (i find the 2 games on the same level in terms of interactivity with envoirment and characters etc etc)

anyhow enough ranting in this thread, sick to the bones so just chilling back and browsing the forums.... time to hit some other thread Wink
I just realized it came out, so i'm planning on picking it up tomorrow, or when i wake up from staying up all night.Big Grin
Animes I Own:

~Hellsing
~Chobits
~Read or Die
~D.N. Angel
~Last Exile
~X
~Love Hina
~Onegai Teacher
~Ninja Scroll
I just realized it came out, so i'm planning on picking it up tomorrow, or when i wake up from staying up all night.Big Grin
Animes I Own:

~Hellsing
~Chobits
~Read or Die
~D.N. Angel
~Last Exile
~X
~Love Hina
~Onegai Teacher
~Ninja Scroll
Quote:Originally posted by JunkieJoe
Is anyone else disapointed with Doom 3 Multiplayer? Single player is great, but looks like they didnt even try to do anything good in multiplayer.. 4 players per server max...

Oh no this is crap if JJ says it, it must be true. Screw this game, I don't buy FPS games for single-player, that's just crap to me. Maybe I'll just wait till Quake 4, that sure not to dissapoint me. Oh, and JJ forgot to mention
Tribes 2...another game that holds 64 players w/no lag.

Read the reviews of the Radeon X800 on http://www.newegg.com The people there are freaking out on how well it handles Doom3.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Doom, Duke Nukem, Serious Sam Same idea

I got to see the graphics last night at a friends house D3 does have some cool graphics. I won't really be able to say heads or tales what I think of it until I have a chance to play it though for a few days
I am "Pedro" I am an afro warrior-----
Excel saga
im trying to win the game on ebay !
im winning it right now 20 mins left and its at 18.00

i hope i win it we need to set up an import-anime multiplayer game so we can all meet and kill eachother !

anyone in ?

-LE
[Image: delphinesig.jpg]

"Lightning strikes only once in the same place, so ill have to get you the first time." -LE

MY HK LIST

MY TRADE LIST

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doom 3 (X-Box) jarjar111 8 4,428 03-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Schultz
  Doom 3 Delay!!! geo85 11 5,066 03-01-2005, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Cyrus
  Doom 3 version 0.02 E3 alpha leak JunkieJoe 6 3,812 06-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Last Post: kakomu