Poll: How was your first anime translated?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
My first time was Dubbed
89.13%
41 89.13%
My first time was Subbed
8.70%
4 8.70%
My first time wasn't translated
0%
0 0%
Who can remember that far into the past?
2.17%
1 2.17%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The first anime you remember watching.
Vicious... why even waste any more of your time with this guy? At least when you and I went at it, I was worth it, what with the fact that I have close to half a brain (...and that gives me at least half a brain more than said guy). Wink

Chucklehead here is obviously just an attention whore... who is getting exactly what he wants.
[Image: bluetmp2.jpg] <-- Look, a broken link!

My Shiny Region 1 Anime Collection
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
I do speak a little Japanese, I've taken multiple Japanese classes. And it's possible to judge the quality of acting merely by the tone of the voice actors. Some tones are very natural sounding, others sound forced. I've heard way more poor english dubs than japanese dubs, and yes, there ARE bad japanese dubs out there. I could care less about what you say, so there's no need to keep pounding me with that crap.

then fuck off. I don't need your attitude.
A little slow, are we?

And btw, I don't need your attitude either, so quit your crying.

So what if I said that english dubs are shit, is that so wrong to say? Is there not a grain of truth in what I'm saying? If you people don't agree with me, that's fine. If you do, then great, you're amongst the majority of anime viewers in the world who appreciate japanese dubbing more than the lackluster english dubbing found in anime.
Quote:Originally posted by r00ster

Chucklehead here is obviously just an attention whore... who is getting exactly what he wants.

You're probably right. I'm sure he is. But with every response, he digs a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

First, he makes a totally ignorant and biased post about dubs. Then he proves he's a bigot by his derogatory statement about rednecks. Then he tries to say it's his Asian background. To only be blasted by his fellow Asians telling him to speak for himself. Then he tells us he thought all of these comments through before posting them.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
You're probably right. I'm sure he is. But with every response, he digs a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

First, he makes a totally ignorant and biased post about dubs. Then he proves he's a biggot by his derogatory statement about rednecks. Then he tries to say it's his Asian background. To only be blasted by his fellow Asians telling him to speak for himself. Then he tells us he thought all of these comments through before posting them.

Actually... yeah... you're right. It is pretty funny watching him shovel the shit.. it's just that he's gotten in so far over his head that it's almost pitiful, and everyone should just let him whimper away back into obscurity where he belongs.

A little slow, are we?

And btw, I don't need your attitude either, so quit your crying.

I'm not the one crying over your being a bitch. Not sure if it's your penis envy or a little sand in your pussy, but maybe you should just get over being a bitch and stop posting here.
Why don't you stop posting or visiting here? Quit getting so offended over something so small. You people like english dubs, great. I hate them, I considering them auditory torture. I've said this many times, and few things are going to change my mind. What are you going to do? Squeal like Vicious did, or wail like kokomu and r00ster has?

I'm a stubborn bastard. So sue me.
I've got to agree with Vicious here. You're an idiot Robo. Many/most dubs are not shit. Many/most subs are not shit. Just because subs are your preference does not mean dubs are shit. It means you prefer subs over dubs. Now quit being so rude and calm down. As I type this I wonder why i'm even bothering to reply. There's something about this message board. I never reply to fools like this on any other boards. /boggle
Well, considering how profane many others have gotten in their use of the english language, I think I've been rather civil. They're the ones who need to calm down.

I love an uphill battle, particularly when it's about an issue that I have usually seen being fought downhill. You guys are definitely keeping my typing skills in check, and for that, I thank you. Smile At least some good is coming from this rather pointless 'debate'.
Quote:Originally posted by Cidien
As I type this I wonder why i'm even bothering to reply. There's something about this message board. I never reply to fools like this on any other boards. /boggle

Hahahaha. Perhaps my mentality is cathcing on.

Wait, is that necessarily a good thing? :confused:
I look back, and it seems this whole conflict started with my 'chocolate better than shit' statement.

It appears we've got a lot of chocolate haters here...but then, I'm a fudge person myself.

It appears we've got a lot of chocolate haters here...but then, I'm a fudge person myself.

Yeah, I can easily see you as a fudge packer.
I look back, and it seems this whole conflict started with my 'chocolate better than shit' statement.

I think you should keep your fudge packing to yourself.
I don't condemn what he does behind closed doors... but yeah, why does he have to share it with all of us?

Seriously. :confused:

Quote:Originally posted by r00ster
I don't condemn what he does behind closed doors... but yeah, why does he have to share it with all of us?

Seriously. :confused:

Because he wants attention.