Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Have You Ever Walked Out During a Movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[QUOTE=tsunami] Battlestar Galatica (the one with jon travolta as an alien.)

Battle Field Earth is the movie I think you were talking about, and it was a piece of shit. Did no justice to the book, which was fantastic.
While we're on the subject, has anyone watched any good movies lately? I watched The Machinist on Thursday and Alfie on Monday. I enjoyed Alfie quite much and really liked The Machinist. It's one of those freaky movies that are not for everybody but it was definitely for me. Christian Bale had to drop 62 pounds (1/3 of his body weight, he's 6'2'') for the part. He was nothing more than bones, looked like those famished people in poor countries. :eek: But the movie is really interesting and has a superb ending, imo.
The Cat in the Hat (Don't ask me why I watched it). Me and my friends just flipped the bird and and yelled the movie sucked balls and left. After that, people followed us and demanded refunds.
ParaParaJMo Wrote:After that, people followed us and demanded refunds.

That's just something I don't get, how come people ask for refunds?! Nobody forced them to watch that particular movie, why should they get their money back just 'cause they didn't like it?!
Quote:That's just something I don't get, how come people ask for refunds?! Nobody forced them to watch that particular movie, why should they get their money back just 'cause they didn't like it?!

It's just that nobody expected it to suck very very very very very^1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 badly
ParaParaJMo Wrote:The Cat in the Hat

That is so crap that film... My neice loves it and I had to try and watch it... About the refund thing though, you shouldn't ask for your money back it's not the cinema's fault...
gubi-gubi Wrote:About the refund thing though, you shouldn't ask for your money back it's not the cinema's fault...

My point exactly.
Well, I know it's pointless to refund your money, but you can't blame them since the movie sucked so bad. I don't know whether or not they got back their money. But it sucked worse than a Vin Diesel movie which is something I don't say often.

The only time I ever paid twice as much for a movie was when I saw Battle Royale 2 in Japan (which cost me $20) and was worth it.
ParaParaJMo Wrote:The Cat in the Hat (Don't ask me why I watched it). Me and my friends just flipped the bird and and yelled the movie sucked balls and left. After that, people followed us and demanded refunds.

I felt the same way about the Grinch movie...I ended up falling asleep in it, lol
For some reason, I kinda actually liked the Grinch movie. I'd only see Vin Disel movies in theatres so me and my friends can make fun of it as if we were the guys in Mystery Science Theatre 3000.
ParaParaJMo Wrote:For some reason, I kinda actually liked the Grinch movie. I'd only see Vin Disel movies in theatres so me and my friends can make fun of it as if we were the guys in Mystery Science Theatre 3000.

I think my problem with The Grinch was I've seen the cartoon too many times and I am a bit tired of it. I liked the movie when they explained how the Grinch became the Grinch but when they started in on the ruining Christmas I was bored with it, that's probably why I fell asleep through it.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:While we're on the subject, has anyone watched any good movies lately? I watched The Machinist on Thursday and Alfie on Monday. I enjoyed Alfie quite much and really liked The Machinist. It's one of those freaky movies that are not for everybody but it was definitely for me. Christian Bale had to drop 62 pounds (1/3 of his body weight, he's 6'2'') for the part. He was nothing more than bones, looked like those famished people in poor countries. :eek: But the movie is really interesting and has a superb ending, imo.

Finally someone else other than my boys back home who went out to see the Machinist!

Bale does Method acting to freaky limits...nothing lesss than superb! but seeing him in that condition was freaky
but staright after instaed of slowly going back to normal food (your body cant handle it well staright away) he jumped straight in for Batman and now hes bulked up to the effect that he cant fully put his arms to his side

what can i say that is one Class Actor Big Grin
and i loved Equilibruims gunplay Big Grin

PS Alfie...urghhh it justy didnt work...the character is best in the 60's the modern day alternative isnt ass good as the original...the era is vastly different now
rav96 Wrote:what can i say that is one Class Actor Big Grin

I'm like the only one I know (until now of course) that has seen that movie. I liked it better than the Matrix (the first one).
Equib was a good movie but never got any success...
i must add i loved the Original Matrix and still do..to bad it potential was ruined in the sequels Sad

and again i must add i cant get over how Blae went from puny machinist to Bulk in Batman...amazing he must have lived at tghe gym for months after...Big Grin
rav96 Wrote:what can i say that is one Class Actor Big Grin

I also love Equilibrium's gunplay. It's amazing! It's like he's dancing! I just watched the movie again two weeks ago and it still amazes me. And yes, Christian Bale is a superb actor (not to mention hot as hell :p ).

rav96 Wrote:PS Alfie...urghhh it justy didnt work...the character is best in the 60's the modern day alternative isnt ass good as the original...the era is vastly different now

I just really enjoyed watching Jude Law talking to the viewers, the movie as a whole was average.

rav96 Wrote:and again i must add i cant get over how Blae went from puny machinist to Bulk in Batman...amazing he must have lived at tghe gym for months after...Big Grin

Well, right after Batman he's going to do a Terrance Malick film in which he's going to play a war prisioner in Southeast Asia and for that he's going to lose all that weight again! :eek: Poor man!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5