Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Have You Ever Walked Out During a Movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Zagatto Wrote:I had the understanding that Kill Bill is a tribute to all the kung fu movies that Tarantino grew up loving. The whole scene with the Crazy 88 was wonderfully over the top. I loved watching Hanzo in the bar.

I guess it's a fine line between tribute and rip off. My feeling is that Tarantino contributed enough new material to qualify as a tribute and I enjoy watching his movies.
i totally agree. i thought kill bill was an awesome movie, i watch kung fu movies all the time and i thought it was a fun movie. kill bill 2 was alright though. i've never walked out of a movie, but i saw a lot of people walk out of kill bill. i saw it when it first came out and no one really knew what to expect, a lot of people brought little kids and shit, almost have the theater left.
Homeless Joe Wrote:i totally agree. i thought kill bill was an awesome movie, i watch kung fu movies all the time and i thought it was a fun movie. kill bill 2 was alright though. i've never walked out of a movie, but i saw a lot of people walk out of kill bill. i saw it when it first came out and no one really knew what to expect, a lot of people brought little kids and shit, almost have the theater left.

LMFAO IDIOTS...Only time ive seen a LOT of people walk out of a theatre was South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut. The theatre had a good ammount of people but in the end there was 10 including myself, my father, brother, my bros friend.
I don't think i've ever walked out. But i've:

a) Gotten a sore ass from long 3hour films
b) Nearly peed in my pants because the movie kept going on and i did not want to miss it by going to the toilet. I was almost bursting when Godzilla died and was about to run to the toilet and then the eggs hatched... ¬.¬
c) I've fallen asleep several times but not becasue the film was crap, just i was so tired.
CrayonShinChan Wrote:b) Nearly peed in my pants because the movie kept going on and i did not want to miss it by going to the toilet.

Return of the King! I wanted the hobbits to just shut the hell up cause I had to piss so bad.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I did once during Traffic with my mates... It just seemed so boring but I watched the dvd and thought it was quite good. Ever since then I make a point of sitting through a movie no matter how bad as I think you can't truely rate a movie till you watch it the whole way through. I occaisonly switch off a dvd but i'll try make a point of going back and watching it again when I feel less bored...

I've never walked out of a movie. I felt very tempted to do it when I was watching "Queen of the Damned" but I'm like Gubi-gubi, I can't possibly rate a movie until I've seen all of it. I remember a lot of people got out of the theater in the middle of "Vanilla Sky" saying they didn't understand a thing of what was going on. Well, if they had just watched the whole movie they would've understood it since in the end everything's explained. Similar thing happened with the "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I know for a fact many people got out in the middle of the movie because it was too complex for them. Rolleyes

JunkieJoe Wrote:movie I almost did walk out and should have walked out of: Kill Bill Volume 2.. what a piece of shit that was..

I actually enjoyed Kill Bill vol 2 but I thought Kill Bill vol 1 was much, much better.

CrayonShinChan Wrote:b) Nearly peed in my pants because the movie kept going on and i did not want to miss it by going to the toilet. I was almost bursting when Godzilla died and was about to run to the toilet and then the eggs hatched... ¬.¬

After having crossed 200 miles of Egyptian desert desperately wanting to pee without being able to I decided never to hold it in again. That's why even if I'm in the middle of a movie I'll go to the bathroom no matter what. Big Grin
The only movie I ever walked out of was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie III. The only reason I did was because the theater was so full that I had to stand and I was tired of standing.
Ahh yea, Return of the King, another movie i walked out of... I just couldnt stand to watch 40 mins of hobbits hugging and kissing...

When I say his movies are the same, I mean same forumla, simular dialogues... they all revolve around shocking you... just watch the beginning of pulp fiction and you'll know what I mean (watch his other movies for simular scenes, soft bullshit talk ending up with load of screaming) that scene was cool when i was 15 but after I watched enough movies and learned what real directing is about, his movies are "B" movies.
JunkieJoe Wrote:Ahh yea, Return of the King, another movie i walked out of... I just couldnt stand to watch 40 mins of hobbits hugging and kissing...

When I say his movies are the same, I mean same forumla, simular dialogues... they all revolve around shocking you... just watch the beginning of pulp fiction and you'll know what I mean (watch his other movies for simular scenes, soft bullshit talk ending up with load of screaming) that scene was cool when i was 15 but after I watched enough movies and learned what real directing is about, his movies are "B" movies.

I have to agree with you. I think his movies are okay but they're all pretty much alike. I think he's highly overrated!
JunkieJoe Wrote:his movies are "B" movies.
The only thing he's ever touched that I found to be cool would be Dust Till Dawn; personaily, to me calling his work 'B' rate is an insult to movies such as Evil Dead...which reminds me there's going to be a remake of evil dead...-_- i'm not sure that's a good thing.
I was pretty damn close to walking about of The Village What the hell was Shymalon (sp?) Thinking... That movie plain old sucked in my opinion.
And I did however, walk out of Master and Commander, wasnt all it was hyped up to be, I just found it really boring.

And to contribute to the Kill Bill talk, I personally enjoyed both movies, though they so called "twists and turns" didnt realy shock me, but non the less, where enjoyable. And as far as the director goes, I havent seen enough of his movies to pass a judgement on him.
The Village = CRAP I couldnt believe how bad it was. Master and Commander got dragged to that knew it would suck after all its on a fricken boat the entire movie...
I'm in the "Hey, nap time!" category here. I don't usually walk out on movies. This thread is bugging the crap out of me though because I know I walked out of one movie once about 5 years ago. This is gonna bug me the rest of the night now... lol.
Puppet Master Wrote:The Village = CRAP I couldnt believe how bad it was. Master and Commander got dragged to that knew it would suck after all its on a fricken boat the entire movie...
My misses has been yelling cause I said the Village sucks from what I've heard. I haven't seen it yet, but probably next weekend the family will rent it, but seriously I've only heard ONE person say it was any good. I personal said screw it when the director had a biograph of himself shown on Sci-Fi; this movie was to hype up The Village -_-; of course I didn't watch the bio, because I figured it to be a lame atempt of what I just said.
I loved Evil Dead, it IS a B movie, but unlike Tarantinos movies, it didnt claim to be anything else..

in the immortal words of Kevin Smith:

Kevin: My movies are crap
Critics: Eh... well atleast he knows it.
JunkieJoe Wrote:in the immortal words of Kevin Smith:

Kevin: My movies are crap
Critics: Eh... well atleast he knows it.
That's another one I'll never eally get; Clerks was decent to me, but I don't see how he has this whole cult following -_-.

It's like Napolian Dynomite in this town is the greatest movie EVER, and all that I've seen of it made it seem like crap -_-.

All of which reminds me of something one of my buds once said; Donnie Darko or whatever is a big hit with all the alt kids around here. He finally got bored enough to watch it & see what all the fuss was about, & his conclusion: It's total crap that so screwed up that you can't even follow it, therefore he believes that everyone says the movie is soooo deep because they're really to stupid to realise how much the movie sucks & to compensate for this they calm the movie is to deep to grasp the concept of it.

Maybe it's just me, I don't like stupid movies, & then I hate them when they become a the trendy movies of the "underground reject".

Personally I haven't seen very many excellent movies lately.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5