Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Have You Ever Walked Out During a Movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Batz Kage Wrote:All of which reminds me of something one of my buds once said; Donnie Darko or whatever is a big hit with all the alt kids around here. He finally got bored enough to watch it & see what all the fuss was about, & his conclusion: It's total crap that so screwed up that you can't even follow it, therefore he believes that everyone says the movie is soooo deep because they're really to stupid to realise how much the movie sucks & to compensate for this they calm the movie is to deep to grasp the concept of it.

Personally, I liked Donnie Darko, though . . . I didn't find it "deep" by any means, but I still enjoyed watching it.
I liked Donnie Darko, i dont think its best thing since sliced bread but I like the concept and the story (u cant really call them twists), its alot better than Kill Bill twists? I wouldnt call that twists, i would call that rip of your weekly 60s TV show plot scheme.
JunkieJoe Wrote:I loved Evil Dead, it IS a B movie, but unlike Tarantinos movies, it didnt claim to be anything else..

in the immortal words of Kevin Smith:

Kevin: My movies are crap
Critics: Eh... well atleast he knows it.

The Evil Dead was made by a buncha people basically fresh out of high school running on a near non-existent budget.

Taking that into account it's a pretty awesome movie. Evil dead 2 and Army of Darkness both had bigger budgets after they started making some money - and it shows. Sam Raimi today is awesome.
Cidien Wrote:The Evil Dead was made by a buncha people basically fresh out of high school running on a near non-existent budget.

Taking that into account it's a pretty awesome movie. Evil dead 2 and Army of Darkness both had bigger budgets after they started making some money - and it shows. Sam Raimi today is awesome.
I'm just worries that hte re-make of Evil Dead will be more of something to get money rather than a tribute of sorts. I mean it's a low budget gem, done perfectly, now although I say this, I know for sure I'll buy it on dvd, well I will is Bruce is in it at all, but if he's not I'll give it some serious thought.
All movies are made to make money, I want them to make it with bigger and better special effects, if Sam Raimi gives his blessing for the new movie, nothing wrong with that...

now about the Villiage, the new Shamalan movie, just saw it... and have to say I would not have walked out of it in the theatres, I saw the punchline to the year 2004 about 10 mins prior to jeep scene... have to say that this movie is a big step down from his other films... just 1 punchline, very suttle, sorta anti climatic, felt like a joke that dragged too long and when it go to the punchline it lost all steam.
The Village is one movie I would have left if I didnt pay for the tickets and all that. Personally the SECOND I saw what the so called monsters looked like I was done...
Yes, I walked out on that movie Swimfan it was one of the worst movies I have ever tried to watch. I sat there hoping it would get better but nothing I couldn?t stand it I was about to loose it.

Bad memories.
Naruto Wrote:Yes, I walked out on that movie Swimfan it was one of the worst movies I have ever tried to watch. I sat there hoping it would get better but nothing I couldn?t stand it I was about to loose it.

Bad memories.
My sister loves that movie, has it on dvd; it reminds her of this boy that cheated on his g/f with her, but doesn't give a care about her....I'll never get wemon...they're weird, which then again my sis is just messed up anyways..-_-
The only movies I've ever walked out on in my life have to be the Jungle Bookm Battlestar Galatica (the one with jon travolta as an alien.) and Star Wars episode 2.

I swear B.G. was B.S. 20 mins from the end I walked out and just got out so I could release myself from bordom. Star Wars Episode 2 sucked ass... I fell asleep in the theather and my bro dragged me out of the theater basically. :p
daisyflower2003 Wrote:My friends and I went and saw 28 Days Later, 28 minutes later we were in a new movie...

Yes that one and Zoolander! God that was freaking stupid! My friend and I also went into another movie, we wanted our money's worth! And to sit through 40 minutes of ads, Big Grin
28 Days Later was God awsome to me...
Batz Kage Wrote:28 Days Later was God awsome to me...
I had a good thrill watching it too.
I have never walked out during a movie because I only bother to go if a movie I am extremly intersted in. Although some people walked out of the Passion of the Christ near the end. I thought Resevior dogs sucked, pulp fiction was good the first time you watch it and then it sucks and kill bill 1 and 2 were supposed to be his tribute to low budget hong kong martial arts movies, yeah more like an insult they were utter trash in evry sense.
Although if I did go to a movie and did not like it I definitely would walk out.
You cant take the evil dead movies seriously. they are cult classics, the first one was an attempt at horror the second was a gore filled comedy and the third was a comedy. they are great movies and Bruce Campbell rules, hail to the king baby!!
i love to watch the thiller/ suspence/ horror type movies, but it really bites when the trailer looks good and the movie sucks. i want to watch hide and seek this week end, so hopefully it won't be bad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5