Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Irritation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You know, I noticed this when I was back in High School...and it's only gotten worse since. What's with kids these days?? Too much TV and caffine and not enough ass whooping...
They are totally rude and inconsiderate...not to mention slightly ignorant. I remember adults talking that way about my generation...and I suppose these kids are my generation...but WTF!!
If my daughter ever, EVER said half the shit I hear these Teens saying, I'd send her packing for COLD, ISOLATED New Hampshire to live with her grandfather, the "field marshell".
This isn't to say they are all like that, but about 90% seem to be affected. Even our brand new Troops coming into the AF are rude and stupid.
I think perhaps it is because they have learned there is no reprocussion for this behavior. Growing up, we got whooped if we stepped out of line...now, they give you paperwork...whoop-dee do. Maybe it's something deeper, maybe these kids are intimidated or have no confidence in themselves...so they make it seem like they are bad MOFOs to cover up all that shit. I know that's the way it is with a lot of people, they act all arrogant, so that you wouldn't even think they were insecure.
I'm just sick of 13-19 year olds tell me that I had better respect them. I'm sick of the 12 year old girls wearing super mini skirts and thinking they look cool, when they just look like a 12 year old hooker.
BRING BACK SPANKING!!!!! Holy goodness, that's what's wrong with kids these days!!! They need to be whooped. Just because some doctor said that spanking is bad and it's wrong, we all seem to feel the need to agree and not discipline the kiddies.
WTF!
Look, if you have a problem child, send him to the Marines...cause I'm dealing with enough of them in the AF!!!
Thank you and goodnight
You are totally right, kids need to learn to respect thier elders. I think its so stupid that the goverment can control how you raise your kids these days. Not all kids are the same, some respond to punishment like grounding, while other need to be spanked to get the point. I still dont understand how schools think a piece of paper is going to change how somone acts. "oh no, I got a piece of paper that say im bad, whatever will I do"?!
Ka-Talliya Wrote:You know, I noticed this when I was back in High School...and it's only gotten worse since. What's with kids these days?? Too much TV and caffine and not enough ass whooping...
They are totally rude and inconsiderate...not to mention slightly ignorant. I remember adults talking that way about my generation...and I suppose these kids are my generation...but WTF!!
If my daughter ever, EVER said half the shit I hear these Teens saying, I'd send her packing for COLD, ISOLATED New Hampshire to live with her grandfather, the "field marshell".
This isn't to say they are all like that, but about 90% seem to be affected. Even our brand new Troops coming into the AF are rude and stupid.
I think perhaps it is because they have learned there is no reprocussion for this behavior. Growing up, we got whooped if we stepped out of line...now, they give you paperwork...whoop-dee do. Maybe it's something deeper, maybe these kids are intimidated or have no confidence in themselves...so they make it seem like they are bad MOFOs to cover up all that shit. I know that's the way it is with a lot of people, they act all arrogant, so that you wouldn't even think they were insecure.
I'm just sick of 13-19 year olds tell me that I had better respect them. I'm sick of the 12 year old girls wearing super mini skirts and thinking they look cool, when they just look like a 12 year old hooker.
BRING BACK SPANKING!!!!! Holy goodness, that's what's wrong with kids these days!!! They need to be whooped. Just because some doctor said that spanking is bad and it's wrong, we all seem to feel the need to agree and not discipline the kiddies.
WTF!
Look, if you have a problem child, send him to the Marines...cause I'm dealing with enough of them in the AF!!!
Thank you and goodnight

I don't agree that kids don't need their asses kicked. Im only turning 18 next week and all but I know how much of a pain in the ass people are these days...My Nephew is a perfect example and hes only 6...He gets into everything hes already cursed which is bad and he does not learn the limits of whats acceptable. My sister and brother in law may not teach him but that doesnt mean I won't kick his ass whether it truly works or not I try. So I can see what you mean. The simple way I see it is that these people lack class and girls are looking like skanks at younger ages which disturbs me...
When I was growing up, my brothers and I, when getting in trouble, would always be punished the old fashion way. You know, broom sticks, shoes, a big wooden stick, belt, you name it, it was thrown or whooped with..... hahaha....... thinking back now, that hurt alot. But I knew the reason for this type of punishment was to try to teach me a lesson. In the end we all turned out fine. So I vote for the whooping.
I got spanked too when I was little and I know it hurted but not that much. I would do it to my kids too if they ever got out of line. A little punishment like that is good sometimes. I know what you mean Ka-talliya. The kids in my neighborhood are scary. They might be 12 or 13 but they travel in groups.. some of them you know they're gonna turn up into drug addicts, rapists, or criminals. It's sad but what can you honestly do to help them?
How about that group of 13-15 year olds that pushed a man in front of a bus?!?!

And I'm not talking about beating your children, I'm talking about discipline the old fashion way...spankings or "Go get a stick...if it isn't big enough, I'll go get one and you won't like it."
Ka-Talliya Wrote:How about that group of 13-15 year olds that pushed a man in front of a bus?!?!

And I'm not talking about beating your children, I'm talking about discipline the old fashion way...spankings or "Go get a stick...if it isn't big enough, I'll go get one and you won't like it."

What needs to be done needs to be done...Younger people need to learn that respect is not given its earned and running their mouths don't do shit...

The things that you constantly hear and see have got to make you wonder what path this world is heading down and what are the chances of younger people doing anything USEFUL with their lives. A friend of mine who was grounded for months at a time and everything else including cop troubles for years but for the most part hes pulled out of that and he is anything but stupid like many would believe. The whole thing is how many people are really like that? I get the feeling that kids will become killers, rapists, and everything else...

I just doubt that these kids will ever learn...
I've always believed that people should be required to get a license before having a child. There are too many kids growing up with parents that don't spend the time to teach them what respect is.

I look back at a time when we didn't have cable TV, cel phones, big box stores, the internet and a whole slew of other "modern conveniences" that have creeped into our lives. During that time it was possible for one parent to work while the other stayed home and took care of the house and family.

These days with the increasing numbers of single parents or families where both parents have to work to be able to afford the bills it gets to be very hard to make sure that quality time is given to kids. For the most part, kids learn from the people around them. If parents aren't around their kids then that leaves kids to hang out with each other and do their best to figure out how to behave.

So that brings out the question, how do we go about giving our children a place to learn what respect is if parents aren't around to teach it? Is there some way for people to enjoy a "modern" lifestyle and still have time for the whole family?
Zagatto Wrote:I've always believed that people should be required to get a license before having a child. There are too many kids growing up with parents that don't spend the time to teach them what respect is.

I look back at a time when we didn't have cable TV, cel phones, big box stores, the internet and a whole slew of other "modern conveniences" that have creeped into our lives. During that time it was possible for one parent to work while the other stayed home and took care of the house and family.

These days with the increasing numbers of single parents or families where both parents have to work to be able to afford the bills it gets to be very hard to make sure that quality time is given to kids. For the most part, kids learn from the people around them. If parents aren't around their kids then that leaves kids to hang out with each other and do their best to figure out how to behave.

So that brings out the question, how do we go about giving our children a place to learn what respect is if parents aren't around to teach it? Is there some way for people to enjoy a "modern" lifestyle and still have time for the whole family?

Prices would have to lower or wages would have to go up but I don't see either of those things happening. Those are the only ways I can see it becoming possible in this world. I do see where you?re coming from too about parents not being around to teach kids the meaning of respect. I was discussing this with my dad recently and the main issue is that kids seem to lack anything that even resembles morals nowadays which is sad to say the least. They get away with everything and that causes them to believe its ok. Till parents are able to handle children they should not be allowed to have kids but unfortunately it?s nowhere near that simple.

I hate seeing that because it?s one of the big reasons that I don?t truly get along with anyone they have no honor and no pride. They seem to get the impression that whatever they do is right. I only hope that parents are able to deal with their kids and show them that they need to learn respect so we don?t end up with more failures and lost cause drug addicts who either cannot or do not want to be helped.
Zagatto Wrote:I've always believed that people should be required to get a license before having a child. There are too many kids growing up with parents that don't spend the time to teach them what respect is.

Anyone that doesn't agree with Zagatto needs to go watch an episode of cops. Seems at least once an episode a baby is being abused somehow. Last night some chick left her baby outside the bar with some drunk guy so she could go drink with her husband. Meanwhile the baby fell over 2-3 times in the carriage and people called the cops and then things went even more downhill...

The lady at the end when the cops were taking her kid still thought what she did was responsible parenting.....
Cidien Wrote:Anyone that doesn't agree with Zagatto needs to go watch an episode of cops. Seems at least once an episode a baby is being abused somehow. Last night some chick left her baby outside the bar with some drunk guy so she could go drink with her husband. Meanwhile the baby fell over 2-3 times in the carriage and people called the cops and then things went even more downhill...

The lady at the end when the cops were taking her kid still thought what she did was responsible parenting.....

DAMN! I have seen cops a few times used to watch it all the time I was younger and that has to be one of the most fucked up parents on the planet. Recently there was a kid who was cursing and giving shit to an an old lady who was RAISING HIM don't know how old it was but theres something wrong with parents and youth now a days...
Puppet Master Wrote:What needs to be done needs to be done...Younger people need to learn that respect is not given its earned and running their mouths don't do shit
i totally agree. what happened to the golden rule? i admit i was kind of an asshole when i was younger, but i snapped out or it byt he end of sixth grade. i guess i just finally realized it's better to be kind and respectful to people. kids need to be hit sometimes. i hear kids say somethings to their parents and i just keept thinking if i said anything like that, smack, right in the mouth. wouldn't even see it coming.
I remember at a Meriners game I went to a long time ago, before the kingdom was demolished, and this kid sitting next to my friend and I was stcking his butt in his moms face and was telling her to smell his butt. He didnt stop forever and I just wanted to tell the mom to smack the kid. Then later in the game the stupid ball girl gave him two foul balls that we wer e trying to get. Pissed us off. Freaking little brats like that need to be smacked.
I'm against hitting children. Maybe because I used to be beaten up, badly, to the point where I was taken away from my mother at the age of 9. I also think that spanking them is taking the easy way out. I believe that kids should be respected but the thing about respect is that it works both ways. If they want to be respected they need to respect others and unfortunately that's not what happens nowadays. I blame the parents, really! People think children are really cute and so they go on having them without mesuring the consequences. People nowadays are so irresponsible it makes me sick, they never take responsability for their children's acts. It's always the school's fault, society's fault, etc! They're the ones who must discipline their children, they're the ones who must set boundaries and not give them just about everything and let them do just about everything! Hitting them is easy, raising them properly isn't and people don't even want to try. People must discipline their children from birth not let them reach 13 and then wonder what the hell they're going to do with them! :mad:
I can't WAIT to leave big festering crimson welts on my childs skull! I agree KT...It's ok to spank children. It's Reasonable discipline. These piece of shit "authorities" that tell the masses what to do need to DIE alongside the worthless peices of garbage that listen to them. For THOUSANDS of years people have disciplined their kids with swithches and belts and NOW it's wrong??? When PEOPLE are allowed to do whatever whenever with no consequences you wind up with obnoxious fuckholes that which is todays generation...these 12 year old hookers and other such trash. EVERYONE needs a spanking!!!!!

EDIT

Forgot to add this.

ABUSE is wrong though. A spanking on the behind is ok but punching slapping and shaking are BIG no no's in my book.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7