Conan The Boy in Future
Zagatto Wrote:Yeah... it is pretty dated... makes you wonder how much it would cost though. Maybe nobody has picked it up yet because it is priced prohibitively high.
I'm sure there is enough of an audience for it, even though it is dated, to make it worth releasing if the royalties weren't outrageous.

I don't think Conan's price is that high! If a Portuguese company was able to buy it (along with a bunch of other Miyazaki series) then it can't have been very expensive. Especially since we're talking about a very small company which is only 1 year old.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
The rights to an english subtitled version will be much higher than that for the relatively small portuguese market.

I have the official hk vcd set and it was about US$20.
CrayonShinChan Wrote:The rights to an english subtitled version will be much higher than that for the relatively small portuguese market.

Make that "very small Portuguese market". :p
Is the portuguese market limited to just Portugal or are there other countries which speak portuguese which would mean an overseas market too?

It's just that the chinese overseas market is quite influential too. Of course i understand chinese are the most numerous race and all over the planet so it is hard to compare but i just wondered.
Portugal is a small country but Portuguese is the 5th most spoken language in the world. That happens because there are a lot of countries that speak Portuguese, like Brasil and Angola. However, as far as anime is concerned the Portuguese market is limited to Portugal and limited to the few people who actually like it.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:However, as far as anime is concerned the Portuguese market is limited to Portugal and limited to the few people who actually like it.

In other words, it's limited to Andromeda and her two friends.
Actually that would not be a bad thing since the license for 3 ppl might be quite cheap! Tongue
I am Portuguese Too :p

We are all over the world... Wink you can't escape from us !!! Cool
The Swan Wrote:I am Portuguese Too :p

We are all over the world... Wink you can't escape from us !!! Cool

heh heh License for 4 people are still cheap Big Grin
Hey Guys

According to Naussica.net, the Conan series is not part of Disney's deal with Studio Ghibli.
Sad

If you'd like to check out which films will be re-released check out "Nausica.net" at http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/films/

This site is very thorough about everything Ghibli.

Catseye
Catseye Wrote:Hey Guys

According to Naussica.net, the Conan series is not part of Disney's deal with Studio Ghibli.
Sad

beboprules already stated that on the 1st page of this thread.
Vicious Wrote:In other words, it's limited to Andromeda and her two friends.

Actually, more than 10000 copies have already been sold which means 1% of the Portuguese population owns Conan The Boy in Future. I'm pretty sure I don't know those many people! :p