Poll: Who owns a Gamecube
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I got one
0%
0 0%
Dont have but want one
0%
0 0%
Dont want one
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Gamecube!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, it does have the best graphics and the most capabilities, but no exclusive or original titles. The only games we have for it are Splinter Cell and Halo. Xbox has so much potential that they're not tapping, cuz they don't put out much software for it.
It was probably the worst marketed Gaming idea since the Jaguar!
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
Maybe. They got the Techies to build a really good machine, but they didn't know what to do with it after that. I think Gates is now realizing it's not the same marketing something when you don't have a monopoly on the product.
Quote:Originally posted by "Vicious"

Well, it does have the best graphics and the most capabilities, but no exclusive or original titles. The only games we have for it are Splinter Cell and Halo. Xbox has so much potential that they're not tapping, cuz they don't put out much software for it.

Morrowind, Mechassault, Steel Battalion, Jet Set Radio Future, Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon orta, Unreal Championship, Project Gotham, Steel battalion, Buffy, Crimson Sea... the list of good, exclusive games is a great deal longer than Splinter cell and Halo (Splinter Cell isn't exclusive anyway) and it's growing all the time. Mmmmm.... Fable.... Plus, two words: 'xbox live'.

What does GC have? Dreamcast ports (good games, but I've played them already, thank you), Metroid, and Celda. I like the games, but Nintendo needs to shape up and start putting out more good games fast. If it weren't for the rediculous popularity of the Gameboy (Nintendo's true breadwinner over the many years) I'd say Nintendo was in imminent danger of joining Sega in the software only production business.
Wyrd gaetha swa heo sceal
I like the GC better but XBOX is built better, Not enough on it for me to get one plus they need a good Exclusive title that everyone wnts. Like You said N has Zelda and Mario Microsoft needs something like that!
Those might be OK titles, but like Dark said, they don't compare to stuff like Zelda and Mario and Metroid that already has a loyal fanbase. By the way, you listed steel batallion twice. Isn't that the $200 game with the 80 button controller? And isn't project gotham the racing game that doesn't compare to Gran Turismo? Buffy???? Do I even need to make a comment there?

Quote:Morrowind, Mechassault, Steel Battalion, Jet Set Radio Future, Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon orta, Unreal Championship, Project Gotham, Steel battalion, Buffy, Crimson Sea... the list of good, exclusive games
Quote:Originally posted by "Vicious"

Those might be OK titles, but like Dark said, they don't compare to stuff like Zelda and Mario and Metroid that already has a loyal fanbase. By the way, you listed steel batallion twice. Isn't that the $200 game with the 80 button controller? And isn't project gotham the racing game that doesn't compare to Gran Turismo? Buffy???? Do I even need to make a comment there?

You're right, I did say steel battalion twice, my bad. Project Gotham and Gran Tourismo are two completely different kinds of racing games, and I'd be hesitant to call GT better than PG. If you ask me, Mario sunshine is nothing to be impressed with and Metroid, while good, is IMO no better than Halo (and doesn't let you kill your friends in 16-man rocket matches). Zelda... eh. It's a matter of opinion on whether you like one game more than the other but I'd rather play Morrowind than Metroid or Zelda any day.

And hey, I like the Buffy game. It's a damn good beat-em-up, and those are far too rare these days. Too many people knock it without actually playing it.

Still, it's all relative. My point was that there are quite a few good games on the xbox, not the mere two you pointed out. If you like, I could make a similar counter point and say the GC has only two good games, Metroid and Animal Crossing, but I accept that there are quite a few more good games available for those who are into them.

Personally, if you want to talk about poor marketing, I think Nintendo has one of the worst marketing reps of all the console companies. Sure, they've got some great game licences, but many of their system decisions have been terrible. The one-two punch of the Virtual Boy (eye damage! yay!) and the N64 (cartridges + no third party support = no games. Oops.) would have killed Nintendo if they weren't held up by the gameboy. Nintendo owes its life to that little handheld.

P.S. I hope nobody bought a gameboy advance this past holiday season, seeing as N announced the GBA SP (which will actually have a visible screen!) right after christmas. Merry christmas everyone, hope you still have receipts. Now THAT is good marketing.
Wyrd gaetha swa heo sceal
In my opinion, Halo and Splinter Cell are the only two must must-haves. Nintendo might not have more titles, but they don't need to since they already have a fanbase. But yeah, the GB SP - might have to get that, just cause it looks so damn cool. I'll use it for like a week and then give it to my brother.
I like the fact Xbox has a built in hard drive, I think all home console will sport that feature in the future. Stupid Sony and their hard drive add on, who's seriously gonna get that.

As far as the system that has the best exclusive games, that would be the Gamecube because of Nintendo's franchises. PS2 has the widest selction of games and will please any kind of gamer.
Ok let's get to the facts of the matter. I'll be polite but take a look at the 3DO it was far superior system than Saturn & PSOne but because it did not have Third Party Support and great First Party games you got Dead in the water...
Like the Xbox but they instead are using their power (I would do the same) to hold back competition. Halo is read for the PC but Xbox has paid & halted the company from shipping it because then the reason to have Xbox live loses a lot of interest. Then they buy the 49% of what Nintendo owned in Rare, but didn't get any key names... Donkey Kong ect ect ect...

Oh let's look at the overseas markets shall we in Japan Xbox has a huge 3% of the market and then it has a unbelievable 5% in Europe. Oh and Xbox's #1 feature
Live... Well guess what in America the majority (78%) still hook up via the phone (ISDN or otherwise) so that leaves them in the cold. Let's not even talk about there marketing pitch here in Japan. On base we have dial up only... But there they have a guy going sign up for live and receive....uhm... nothing you dork 95% of the base is Dial-up...
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
Quote:Originally posted by "DARK OSAMU"

The dreaded XBOX is a HUGE waste of money!

I couldn't agree more.. American is the only place that it has done decent at all..
IN japan its broken down to this..

5% - Xbox
35% - GameCube
60% - PlayStation 2

Thats why i think its funny how americans think its soo great.. And there has only been 1 game to go Plat.. and thats Halo. I also know that Xbox has done really nothing in Europe but i don't know the Exact figures.. well besides MS loosing 300 Million on the Xbox last quarter..

Anyways i updated my current GC list also.. hehe now have 18 games with 1 on preorder.. ;o)
Now let's talk about PS2 I am not going to stand on my Soap Box and say the PS2 sucks because it doesn't. It has what every system needs to make it. Great Third party support, but that in lies it's down fall. Sony let's anything and everything make it on there system. So you have to do your home work, or follow the mindless masses to get a great game. I own a PS2 for games like Soul Reaver.
I buy very fee titles for the system because if it comes out on the GC it's faster loading times and better frame rate win me over every time.

Now the Gamecube here we have quality people. That has been there motto for a while now. Not every game pitched at Nintendo makes it. Because they know that we value are money. There First party games are top notch and won 7 awards this year for there hard work. This is something that makes me fill up with pride.

I have a picture of Dead Rights box for the Xbox and in the corner it says Xbox only. Well we all know it is on all the systems now. But what some don't know is that Namco after seeing sells of this great game hit record lows for their company. They turn around and give Microsoft there money back for exclusive rights so they can put on the other two systems. And what happens sells jump. The game is better on the GC (yes the PS2 and GC versions are the same but as stated before faster loading time and a better frame rate...)

I have made my point... but hey Xbox does have superior specs, but right now it doesn't matter because no one is making a game that use those superior specs 8)
[Image: slay6.jpg]
I am known as the Red leader of the Ichi Hentai!
I was basically saying what Morg just said. I just wasn't trying to type all of it out. Good job Morgie (like the nickname?). Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by "morgorath"

I have made my point... but hey Xbox does have superior specs, but right now it doesn't matter because no one is making a game that use those superior specs 8)

Just because something has "higher" number don't mean its supiriour.. Its all how its designed.. Xbox is a PC just in a little box.. People can argue all they want but when i can run a normal linux distro on Xbox just with a mod chip to get around M$'s Security and i can hook up a USB Keyboard and Mouse to there controller ports (Yes the controlers use USB Tech) with just a few wire cuts and splices. So that tells me its a PC.. And second how they use Windows 2000 Stripped down because they don't need Plug and Play and all the other stuff they do for there os because they know what hardware is inside of it.. I also belive that all the games are written using a version of DirectX for the XBox. Which means that all the games can be ported to a computer with minimal hassle. but MS don't want them to do that then they lose sales of there Xbox and licensing fee's for it being on the xbox.

But back to what i am meaning it has higher processing speed but it also has a larger overhead with Win2k as the OS.. instead of custom basic os's if you wish to call them that on the Ps2 and GC. Along with the ps2 was designed from Ground Up to be nothing but gaming and is the only true 128 bit system. While the Gc was also built strickly for gaming and graphics Also nintendo made it easier to develop for thats why alot of companies are liking it. But the Xbox was built for gaming on the TV but it was built from Computers already.. (hell they use a Intel PIII 766) and just wrapped together to play games.. so nothing "Innovating" like the Ps2 or the GameCube is..

Another thing is that right now Microsoft is having to purchase companys to get them to make some games for them.. They just bought into RARE which who did they get it from ? Nintendo.. but the nice thing is nintendo kept all the licenses for DK and those other games.. So we will be hopefully seeing a new DK game in the future.. (Miyamoto says there will be no wholes in GC's line up) so for how MS is going right now and buying companies for Exclusives.. I hopefully hope they won't last for too long.. because they are worthless in the gaming market.. and the only reason they have even lasted this long is because they are Microsoft..

I think my rant is done.. god i hate Microsoft and there Non-Innovative ways..

But back to gamecube i just finished up Dead to Rights.. man is it a sweet game..

PS.. Xbox Specs
Xbox Specs-
Intel PIII 766
Nvidia Geforce graphics chip..
DVD Drive
Harddrive
Win2k OS

it is a very nice Computer for $200 i just gotta get my mod chip in and turn it into a good linux machine playing divx movies in the living room..

Also for people, a great technical read about how the ps2 works compared to a Xbox(PC) http://www.arstechnica.com/cpu/2q00/ps2/ps2vspc-1.html

Also i didn't realise it (need to read more of the thread before i post) In earlier posts, i rewrote what other people already mentioned.. hehe and Morg i like to round to nice even 5's
Thanx Schultz....You made what I said even better because you actually know about the piece o craps innards!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamecube rulez! evilomar 23 8,883 02-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Blight
  Other reasons to own a Gamecube WandererX12 54 22,682 01-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Black Howling
  The reason to own a gamecube babyeater0 101 36,531 01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Ryo of Inferno
  Question about Gamecube topcello 2 2,213 12-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Last Post: topcello