Poll: Who owns a Gamecube
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I got one
0%
0 0%
Dont have but want one
0%
0 0%
Dont want one
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Gamecube!!!!!!!!!!!
What about a Sega machine? They had the rights.
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
Quote:Originally posted by "JunkieJoe"

reason N64 didnt have CD ROM is because Sony owns the rights to CD and DVD and it would not let Nintendo have the rights so it would compete with PSX

actually that isn't true.. Nintendo wanted to keep a system that had no loading time. because they saw people bitching about loading times.. so they wanted to produce a system. they didn't forsee alot of 3rd party support leaving due to costs in production of cartriges and lower profit margins.. Also Sony don't have the rights to Cd's.. its Phillips that does.. and the other thing Sony was going to be the one to make the cd add on for the Super Nintendo and then they decided to take what they where learning from doing that to build the psx.. and nintendo found out about this and well cut the deal with them..
damn you Sony!!!!!!!! I have an extreme disqust for sony, they are trying to run the video game monopoly...word is they are working on PS3...what an orginal name.
I aint yo baby daddy
I have:
Metroid Prime Big Grin
Resident Evil: Zero
Resident Evil
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Spider-Man
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
NHL 2003 Big Grin :mrgreen: Big Grin
Madden 2003
Super Mario Sunshine
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
Mario Party 4
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 :mrgreen:
BMXXX
"Hitting rock bottom is not a weekend retreat."
"Something wicked this way comes."
As long as Sony has enjoyable games I'll be happy. The only way a company gets a monopoly is to have a superior product.

Nice to see you again War ArieS! Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

As long as Sony has enjoyable games I'll be happy. The only way a company gets a monopoly is to have a superior product.

Nice to see you again War ArieS! Big Grin

And about 1.5 years ahead of time without any competition from any company.. But for me right now i don't see anything i would want on the Ps2.. and if there is something that i may want i just need to wait a little longer because most are going to the GameCube and generally have little better graphics and things added to the game. I am soo glad i finally got a RPG on my GameCube and i can't wait for Square to release there Final Fantasy that they are producing right now for the GameCube. Another thing is i can't wait to see Nintendo's next Gen system and i know they are trying to get it out before anyone else since they figure sony wouldn't have such a strong hold on the market if they would of had the GameCube out sooner. so they are tryin not to make that mistake this time.

But i will say one thing i have never been excited for games coming out in along time.. i am soooo stoaked for Zelda: Wind Waker.. that game looks so awesome. .
The Zelda for 64 blew serious chunks. *barfs* :mrgreen:

woooohoooo WarAries is back. :mrgreen:

Quote: then they decided to take what they where learning from doing that to build the psx

Not true. They showed Nintendo the design for the SNES add-on an Nintendo rejected them. So they shrugged off the Big N and made the PSX.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

The Zelda for 64 blew serious chunks. *barfs* :mrgreen:

what are you talking about.. i knew many of people that bought the N64 just for that Game Alone..
Not often can I proove Schultz wrong :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "Schultz"

Steve_the_Talking_Pie Wrote:The Zelda for 64 blew serious chunks. *barfs* :mrgreen:

what are you talking about.. i knew many of people that bought the N64 just for that Game Alone..

Man the game was so bad. Boring and confusing. The Super Nintendo version was a classic. I'd rather replay that. :mrgreen:

Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

Not often can I proove Schultz wrong :mrgreen:

Actually that isn't what happend. Sony was working on it.. Nintendo had the agreement already done.. Then Nintendo found out that Sony was going to make there own using the basies of that system.. at a next press release or something Nintendo cut the contract with sony and tried going with Phillips i think or some other company to do the Cd addon.. but they couldn't do it so they tried to find another.. Hence why it never came out. And sony just continued what they planned and created the psx with a bunch of better stuff then what they where orignally going to do.. I will ahve to try and find the article or information about what happened..
It never happened but it neither did the N64 DD Drive. :?

My teacher has an article on it too, with what I said. Odd Confusedweatdrop:
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Man the game was so bad. Boring and confusing. The Super Nintendo version was a classic. I'd rather replay that. :mrgreen:

man the gameplay in it was awesome.. everything about it was awesome.. that is why i can't wait for the remake version to be here for my gamecube play it on the GC.. but the Snes version ruled.. i have it on my gameboy advance now and playing teh shit outta it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gamecube rulez! evilomar 23 8,725 02-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Blight
  Other reasons to own a Gamecube WandererX12 54 22,130 01-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Black Howling
  The reason to own a gamecube babyeater0 101 35,767 01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Ryo of Inferno
  Question about Gamecube topcello 2 2,181 12-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Last Post: topcello
  New Gamecube JingRoyale 8 3,802 09-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Robojack