Subbed or Dubbed
JJ said he wanted it to remain open. He's the boss-man. I said I'd lock it if it got out of hand.
[Image: ShinnSig.jpg]
[ #Uke-Fansubs current projects: Gundam SEED Destiny ]
JJ, Kak, Shultz, Op Ox, and Vinny have already spoken for me. It's pretty much all Flame from here on out for me.
- The Original Lord Of Darkness -
"Ahh The Murthless Laugh of the Damned"
I think dubs (even though you guys all know how much I dislike them) have a use. They get the anime out there. People who wouldn't normally see a show may actually watch it if it is in thier language, and be exposed to something that is truly great. And maybe just maybe they will become curious of this shows origins and open a whole new world. Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
OK this got my gears grinding so I will actually post this time.

Kak you are right! That is how I got into it. I watched dub after dub and loved it, then found out the acting was more .... Pure in the original format. I saw what the creator wanted in the characters. I found out that the creators had a hand in this field first of corse. I think me being an artist at heart has something to do with how I feel towards this argument. I would want the voices I hear in my head for my own characters to be the voices everyone hears on screen. So that is why I started to fall for subs and raw rather than dubbed. It's like a story passed over the generations. SOMETHING is going to get lost along the way. And we, Kak, know this is VERY true. Like Steve said...Excel Saga was RAPED beyond recognition. Not all things are looked over and yes it gets anime to a greater audience but if you truly respect the creator you should watch the sub as well. I'm done.
But you have to remember, some dubs are chosen by their JAPANESE artist. Mobile Suit Gundam's dub is a great example. The english voice actors and all the editing and clean up of MSG were chosen by it's artist.

I do agree that sometimes it seems that it's their "original picks" but I think you're taking things out of proportion. They go through the same process in Japan that they do here. Some anime have their voice actors instantly picked, then sized for a part, but most of the time it's the voice actors comming to the studio, acting for the part, and getting the job.

This argument is null either way, I think everything that can be said, has already been said.
yeah,well you haveto be open to different things, I hate people who are to lazy to read subs but I also hate people who think that all english voice actors are horrible....you have to be somewhere in between.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......
THERE ARE MAD KILLERS OUT THERE!!!

[Image: optimisticox.jpg]
i don't mind reading the subs, sometimes the dubs are awesome, but if someone said that they wouldn't watch my animes cause of subs or dubs, i wouldn't say, yea i guess your right, although people are open to express opinions
<(o';'o)^I am your God^(o';'o)>

()_() even the jackass says so
(o o)
/(..)
/"" //////
_(o o)_ Bob says so to!
-----(...)(..)(...)----
Here's a new thing. When I watch a dub, I at least like to have the original Japanese themes. I know Ranma 1/2 OAV, and Rurouni Kenshin did this. Cry
Steve_the_Talking_Pie: Hampsters Bumpin' and Grindin' Since '99.

Region 1: DVD Collection
So did Magic Knight Rayearth, and the 1st Project A ko. :mrgreen:

Yeah, that is really annoying but otherwise when the voice action is good then the dubbs are generally good.
Live life the way you want to, but one day, you might not wake up, and we all know why......

Though I liked when they didn't dub the Ballad of Ranma and Akane. :mrgreen:

yeah, I really ought to collect ranma but I like to buy stuff totally new to me, and I have already seen the first season and one of the movies of ranma...

Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

But you have to remember, some dubs are chosen by their JAPANESE artist. Mobile Suit Gundam's dub is a great example. The english voice actors and all the editing and clean up of MSG were chosen by it's artist.
This argument is null either way, I think everything that can be said, has already been said.

I didn't go into GREAT detail as to not take up so much space. I know and understand how all this works. I just gave my opinion as "quick" as possible. Not every one who reads my comment will think it out or see what you saw but I knew you'd say what you said Suzaku. I agree it is a pointless argument. But thought I should give my 2 cents as well and originally wasn't going to do so. OH WELL :roll: ...the world turns on.
It's because I hate you Tongue
What does the opening to Rayearth sound like? I've only heard that horrible english one. :? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36