Long time since we posted here.
Wow its been a long time and i just happened to the website testing out a new plugin i installed into Chrome that shows the status of SPDY on websites (obviously knew import-anime.com wasn't so used it as a test for some things) and found this thread posted on.

So let me give a large update!
@Zagatto Ya i just can't seem to pull the plug on the site. I know its not used but just can't turn it off. It's running on my virtual server i already pay for, that i use for fast connection and web hosting (actually currently using it to run a UO Server emulator for screwing around in UO, been on a nostalgia kick lately) sooo as long as i have that then it will still be bit rotting.

So here is an update! JJ is doing good but he is actually still dealing with the fallout from IA! which is unbelievable. Once he actually finished the regular courts and such about the selling of dvd's, so Canada revenue agency decided to say that JJ owned them $600k in income taxes through sales of this site. Since all his records were taken in the original raid so he been fighting that and had to file for bankruptcy which of course CRA decided to object. Which he actually just had a court date little while ago to see if bankruptcy would take care of that income taxes owned. So still fun times!

My life has been pretty interesting haven't watched much anime lately but been working 60+hours a week for last few weeks so actually pulled out Goldenboy as wanted a good laugh that i could watch in a night, and my son is actually watching Dragonball Z which happened to walk in before going to work and found myself just watching for a while before having to tear myself away from it. Just brings back lots of memories. Currently i am still serving in the USAF and currently stationed in Italy which is such a awesome area too bad the locals are so damn lazy and the governments are so corrupted. but the area and the sites make it worth it!

Well that's enough for now! just glad to read that people are still doing great!
I cant get to sleep tonight and for some reason thought of this site. I was like 'I wonder if it's still around'? To my surprise the URL worked and an even bigger surprise is that I still remembered my login credentials. It says the last time I visited was 4/16/2009 so guess it's been a while. Probably been just as long since the last time I watched an Anime.

Good to see Schultz is doing well. Sorry to hear JJ is still getting hassled. I'm married and living in Texas now. Had to grow up some time I guess.
Seeing that Schultz is keeping the lights on, may as well drop by for a visit.

It's been just over a year since my last login. My kids are watching Attack on Titan but that's about all the anime that's being played these days. Closest I came was watching Rigor Mortis, some HK cinema that was really good.

My recent promotion has me working in Oklahoma City for one week of every month (I'll be there next week if there are any IA alumni around).

The big hobby in my house these days is paintball. My wife and kids all play and have a great time going to the field together.

I'm hoping that JJ's finances have cleared up since Schultz's last update.

Vicious, congrats on the marriage. Good to hear that you've found someone who will put up with you.

It's weird to think of how much time I used to spend in this forum and now it's just mostly happy memories.

Happy holidays to anyone reading.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Zagatto Wrote:My recent promotion has me working in Oklahoma City for one week of every month (I'll be there next week if there are any IA alumni around).

The big hobby in my house these days is paintball. My wife and kids all play and have a great time going to the field together.

Vicious, congrats on the marriage. Good to hear that you've found someone who will put up with you.

It's weird to think of how much time I used to spend in this forum and now it's just mostly happy memories.

Happy holidays to anyone reading.

My job has me traveling to Dallas about 1-2 weeks each month.

I'm glad I found someone who can put up with me too. Wink

Agreed about spending so much time here and now it's just happy memories.

Funny that you mention paintball. Once I got out of anime, I got in to paintball around 2006. Probably much more seriously than your family is at the moment. I would go at least every weekend and sometimes twice a weekend. I ended up at about D3 national tourney level. I started too late age wise to put in enough time and dedication to get much higher. Plus that was good enough for me since it meant I could more than hold my own against anyone at any field. That was really my goal from the beginning. I haven't played as much in the last year so my skills have deteriorated to about D4 level which is still better than most anyone you'll run in to outside of tournaments.

The local paintball scene is what I miss most from moving from VA to TX. I had paid my dues there which meant at this point I was hardly paying anything to play I loved the fields there and usually knew people at most of the fields in VA and MD. Sucks having to pay full prices again.
OMG

Hi everyone, so I wrote a huge message talking about the changes in my life, the nostalgia of this place and times gone by etc.... Just to loose it all .

Now I could try and re write it all again but I cba lol

Just a quick one, I quite work nearly 2 years ago and have been trying to figure out what I want to do in Life and it's been a struggle to get the answer, after taking shelter in the guise of daily routine and habits... I still unfortunately have the bad tendance to procrastinate like I used to on here instead of studying at university D'oh, though that is just a behaviour and not my identity lol

I got married back in 2013 and my son was born last year, he's only 9 months but he does enjoy anime Wink much to my wife's confusion as she unfortunately is not taken by it

I've recently rediscovered anime after a hiatus of a few years, mainly as I end up watching stuff with my wife, good stuff mind like Walking Dead, GOT, daredevil, punisher etc

I recently re watched the classics that brought us here in the space western genre

You know cowboy bebop, outlaw star and trigun Big Grin

Oh and after years of waiting for a Berserk anime continuation. What do we get the blasphemy that were the 2016 and 17 iterations. Seriously like wtf

Anyway it's a pity the original message was lost. Thanks for all the great times guys and I can't believe it's been like 8 year's since I last posted or maybe 6, it said my last login was 2012

Thanks to Schultz for keeping this place alive, it's very much appreciated and deserves to be kept as an archive for days before smartphones, social media and streaming taking off.

In the words of the Humanoid Typhoon Love and Peace!

To all my friends on here Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/