Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News
Just a word to the wise. I purchased "12 Kindoms" premium box sets 1 & 2 from Best Buy (probably my first mistake). It's a decent series, and I worked my way up to disc nine of the second box. Unfortunately, I found two disc eights, and the set was missing disc nine. I lickety-split sent out an e-mail to the manufacturer, Media Blasters. They have not even had the courtesy to send a reply indicating their total lack of interest in consumer issues. I have had previous disc encoding /tech problems with their releases, and optimistically hoped they had turned some kind of corner. I was obviously wrong.
I would take it back to were you purchased it. Showed them what happened and see if another package is the sameway or if just that one package happened to get messed up.
Something like that happened to me with my Eva box from Amazon. Emailed Amazon and they send out a totally new box without me even having to post the other back. Go back to Best Buy (is that like a walk in shop they have in malls that have used stuff as well? I went into some of them while I was in the States) and tell them, they can send for replacements whereas I don't think the manufacturer would.
Best Buy is this big box fascist outfit, somwhat similar to Circuit City. I don't even have a receipt anymore. The last time I tried to take something back, I got into a heated shouting match with the pimpled manager ("Sir, I do not appreciate that kind of language.") and permanently elevated my blood pressure. It's easier to look for a used copy of chapter 9. Thanks for the various advices though. I feel better just complaining.
In a situation like this I would rent the missing volume from netflix, and patch my set with a DVD-R copy.

Its not pretty but ive done it before.
aka EngrishMajor
Liete Wrote:In a situation like this I would rent the missing volume from netflix, and patch my set with a DVD-R copy.

Its not pretty but ive done it before.

If he wanted to do that I doubt he would of bought the set in the first place. I wouldn't spend money on something like that if a dvd-r would do me instead.
If no one is willing to replace it, its the only choice. I know he paid for the official set, but its better to have a dvd-r of volume 9 than no volume 9 at all.
aka EngrishMajor
Well like he said, get a used copy then it's complete.
IF you know about when you did the purchase then can print it up for you. I have had to do this at best buy. The charged me twice for my big screen tv when they fucked up ringing it up. Charged me then credited and charged again. The only problem the credit didn't go through and when i asked them for that reciept the lady told me i didn't need it. Had to go to best buy have them pull the missing recipeit and then send it to there CC company to get them to post the credit back. So you can get missing reciepts through bestbuy's system. I mean it's only a computer system now not like they have to go back to thousands of filing cabnients and hand search through them all.
Plus it's their duty to replace this set. You take faulty products back to where you bought them, that's the way it's always been done.
I second fuck Best Buy-I worked for those assholes up until Dec. 28th and told them to stick it up their collective butthole-as for buying things there-if you have no intention of returning it-ok-otherwise buy it from Circuit City. As before-I build up my anime collection by the Netflix burn and return program-just remember to use good quality media. Seems to me like Media Blasters would make good on their fuckup.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
I buy printable dvd-r's I copy not only the movie itself but the cover as well. Then I go to cdcovers.cc and see if they have the official box art, I then craft my own official looking cases.
aka EngrishMajor
Take it back to Best Buy, even without a receipt, they can do an exchange for same item only... (my daughter works at Office Max so knows the returns policy) so you don't really need the receipt, or to have to look it up.

My set was complete... but not purchased thru Best Buy.
What's your problems with best buy? They have awesome prices on most things and they take shit back I wouldn't want to take back if I owned a business. People who don't know what they're doing bring computer stuff back and tell 'em it's not compatible and they take it no questions as long as you actually bought it there. As stated they can look up a receipt easy enough if you lost it.

Best buy is the easiest store i've had to return something to.... other than maybe a grocery store cuz they just take you at your word. Well, the one I worked at did. Cashwise lost my families business for about 11 years now cuz their manager called my mom a liar when she went to get a bag of chips the next time she was there cuz the cashier forgot to bag it. Hope ripping us off was worth the many thousands of business lost. Some managers are just so Fn stupid you wonder how they ever got their job. ><
They have decent deals most of the time depending on what your looking for, but they also sell a lot of stuff at or above retail. Their a good place if you know what your doing and what the going rate on things are.

The only real problem i have had with them is that their website is horrible to navigate, and the last time i tried their online store the dvd i ordered never showed up. I had to fax them my print out of the order just to get my money back. that was a pain and ultimately i coudlnt understand how they didnt have the record.

Also you really should keep recipts anyway. I have recipts to games and movies i bought years ago. Most of the time i just stick it in the case behind the manual or insert, so i always know where it is. Its just a good idea for when you need to save your own ass.
In dis country u gota make da money first, den wen u get da money u get da power, and den wen u get da power, den u get da woman