Media Blasters/Anime Works = Bad News
Why I Hate Best Buy

Several years ago I was visiting family in Indianapolis. I visited a Best Buy store on the northside with my brother and sister, and purchased a 4 cd Roxy Music import box set. I had never seen it anywhere else, and the store had only a single copy. As we drove home, I greedily opend the set, only to discover the one of the cds was damaged to the point that it was unplayable.
We turned around and I presented my case to customer service. They offered me a replacement, or store credit, but refused to issue a refund. I explained that they did not have anymore copies of the set, and there was nothing else I wanted in the store. A store credit would do me absolutely no good, as I live in Hawaii. They were adamant, so I escalated the matter to the store manager. He also reiterated the hard line stance, saying it was company policy. I told him to hook me up to their corporate offices then, and I spent a fruitless half an hour on the phone. All of this time, my brother and sister were waiting in a hot car in the parking log. I told the young manager that this was a hell of a way to treat customers, and I would never spend another dime there, at which point he said that my swearing was offensive to him.
I finally gave up, and placed the set on the customer service counter, loudly saying, ?I?m placing this disc on the counter ? I?m returning it ? I?ll dispute this charge on my credit card?. The manager literally ran after me holding the cd set as I exiting the store, saying that it was illegal for me to leave the set there, and I had not really returned it.
Several months later, I successfully had the credit card charge reversed.
Cidien Wrote:What's your problems with best buy? They have awesome prices on most things and they take shit back I wouldn't want to take back if I owned a business. People who don't know what they're doing bring computer stuff back and tell 'em it's not compatible and they take it no questions as long as you actually bought it there. As stated they can look up a receipt easy enough if you lost it.

Best buy is the easiest store i've had to return something to.... other than maybe a grocery store cuz they just take you at your word. Well, the one I worked at did. Cashwise lost my families business for about 11 years now cuz their manager called my mom a liar when she went to get a bag of chips the next time she was there cuz the cashier forgot to bag it. Hope ripping us off was worth the many thousands of business lost. Some managers are just so Fn stupid you wonder how they ever got their job. ><
So you think it's an easy place to return stuff to? Everytime I tried to return something to them I got treated like I had shoplifted something. Again-fuck them.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
I've returned lots of things to them over the years and the only thing i've been asked is "Is there anything wrong with it?". Gotten several refunds.