Movies V.1
While you make a good point I am also not a Malkovich fan or a fan of fantasy dragons like dragon riding etc. Dont even bring up the hobbit, yes smog is a dragon but that is a book and one written for children.
Thinking about it, it is kinda creepy watching kids films when you aren't one. Hmmm think I can pull it off at my age now but what happens when we all hit 40?! :eek: It's got to be a new phenomenon this kids nostalgia. I'd say it started in the 80's. There aren't too many eternal children from before then... Hmm wierd.
geo85 Wrote:While you make a good point I am also not a Malkovich fan or a fan of fantasy dragons like dragon riding etc. Dont even bring up the hobbit, yes smog is a dragon but that is a book and one written for children.

I might have sounded like a huge Eragon fan but in fact I'm not, I haven't even read the book. Truth be told, as far as books go I really haven't been in the mood for fantasy books or historical fiction novels so, at the moment, I'm not much into dragons either. I'm just curious about the movie, that's all.

gubi-gubi Wrote:Thinking about it, it is kinda creepy watching kids films when you aren't one. Hmmm think I can pull it off at my age now but what happens when we all hit 40?! :eek: It's got to be a new phenomenon this kids nostalgia. I'd say it started in the 80's. There aren't too many eternal children from before then... Hmm wierd.

Why is it creepy? Only because the narrow minded people of previous decades decided things such as fantasy/magic were for children and not adults. But why is fantasy for children only? Why is it proper for children and not for adults? Can you answer me that? People are too tied down by these conventions that don't even make much sense. I was reading some answers on yahoo! answers some days ago and there was a girl there who told a guy to grow up simply because he was 28 and enjoyed skating. What the hell?! What does one thing have to do with the other anyway?! Is it impossible to be a mature, responsible adult and enjoy something like skating at the same time?
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Why is it creepy? Only because the narrow minded people of previous decades decided things such as fantasy/magic were for children and not adults. But why is fantasy for children only? Why is it proper for children and not for adults? Can you answer me that? People are too tied down by these conventions that don't even make much sense. I was reading some answers on yahoo! answers some days ago and there was a girl there who told a guy to grow up simply because he was 28 and enjoyed skating. What the hell?! What does one thing have to do with the other anyway?! Is it impossible to be a mature, responsible adult and enjoy something like skating at the same time?

It's not the fantasy/magic side that's creepy it's the fact the film is aimed at kids. I mean I love Harry Potter and all that but I also love the classics like Home Alone. Would be a bit weird a 40 year old guy sat in the cinema watching that on his own. Anyway that's what dvd's are for Wink
gubi-gubi Wrote:It's not the fantasy/magic side that's creepy it's the fact the film is aimed at kids. I mean I love Harry Potter and all that but I also love the classics like Home Alone. Would be a bit weird a 40 year old guy sat in the cinema watching that on his own. Anyway that's what dvd's are for Wink

Guess what? I'm watching Home Alone 2 right now! I woke up a few minutes ago, turned on the tv and there it was. Quite the coincidence. Big Grin
Anyway, it would only be weird for a 40 year old guy to watch something like Home Alone, in the cinema, on his own because society has labeled it as weird not because it really is. I do wish the man wasn't alone though, it's much better to go to the cinema with some company. :p
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Guess what? I'm watching Home Alone 2 right now! I woke up a few minutes ago, turned on the tv and there it was. Quite the coincidence. Big Grin
Anyway, it would only be weird for a 40 year old guy to watch something like Home Alone, in the cinema, on his own because society has labeled it as weird not because it really is. I do wish the man wasn't alone though, it's much better to go to the cinema with some company. :p

I have the 1-4 boxset :o Home Alone 4 is a travesty though :mad: True society loves to label! Doubt I would go the cinema to see a new one though (not that I hope they make one!). I would just take a niece or nephew as a cover story lol.
gubi-gubi Wrote:I have the 1-4 boxset :o Home Alone 4 is a travesty though :mad: True society loves to label! Doubt I would go the cinema to see a new one though (not that I hope they make one!). I would just take a niece or nephew as a cover story lol.

... There was a Home Alone 4!?
Home Alone 3 was bad enough... Why do people insist on making such shitty movies? :confused: Sad
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
It's called 'milking the cow for all it's worth'.
vegeta76 Wrote:... There was a Home Alone 4!?
Home Alone 3 was bad enough... Why do people insist on making such shitty movies? :confused: Sad

Well it was made for TV... Surprised it didn't go straight to DVD to be fair. Only thing that makes it worth watching is that French Stewart guy from 3rd Rock is in it but he really embarasses himself. Looks like it was shot on a camcorder too lol. Anyway it killed off then whole Home Alone name. I thought 3 was watchable. Not the best but OK.
The convention of normal is as nontangable as paper money, it exists only because we want it to. The majority of people want to belong and fit in because they are insecure so those who are different have to be weird and outcast. Paper money has absolutely no value but we choose to give it its labeled value so we can think weactually have something of value or importance.

There is no such thing as normal. I dont hate childrens movies or any kind of fantasy I just dont care much to watch or read any of it. I do read scifi and fantasy books and I watch anime, and cartoons and am indeed a huge spongebob head but who cares. I enjoy those things and no one should feel as though they should shun something they like because someone else thinks they should. To all those people I say SOD off you wanking twats!!!Big Grin

Andromeda, go see eragon and I hope you enjoy it!!
Andromeda18_ Wrote:there was a girl there who told a guy to grow up simply because he was 28 and enjoyed skating. What the hell?! What does one thing have to do with the other anyway?! Is it impossible to be a mature, responsible adult and enjoy something like skating at the same time?

OMG i get that all the time, part of the reason why i kinda stopped BMX a year or so ago, coz they were full of teenagers and kids i was like one of the only 20+ dude there and it was hard to fit in...they be like what college/skool you go and i was like im a Pharmacist (well prereg back then), though other places are full of older peops like back when i was at uni jus the local one were i live now isnt...anhyoo look at professional BMX and skaters they go into their late 30's early 40's

and on this topic my mum and dad are always like your such a big kid... esp when i turned 24 a coupla weeks back, though they dont say it as much but you can tell they think it, my mums always like no more DVD's or Games etc and now ive even put most of my figures away coz it seems to "kiddy" for my age Sad damn it i love my figures and anime

they still dont get anime they are always like "cartoons still at your age" and ive been into anime for 10 years now...eeeeeek TEN YEARS!!! and ive still got collector syndrome...doubt i'll ever get through all the anime i own as its ever growing and ive a huge backlog...same thing goes with games though ive cut down on that now coz i hardly play on my consoles etc now.

damn i wanna be a kid again coz then i wont have to justify what i like to anyone...

BTW yeah i know its lame im living with my folks now but after living away for five odd years im broke and living with the folks saves alot of money not to mention mothers cooking Big Grin
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
geo85 Wrote:There is no such thing as normal

right on dude!!!
though i wish most ignorant fools acknowledged that
what defines the NORM?

and to quote

"you be preaching convention to the unconventional"

i love that cant rember where i gt it from now but damn something i relate to all the time
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
vegeta76 Wrote:Why do people insist on making such shitty movies? :confused: Sad

i suppose without the Crap you cant appreciate the Good
tis all relative i guess and what one may think is shite another may think is gold
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/
rav96 Wrote:OMG i get that all the time, part of the reason why i kinda stopped BMX a year or so ago, coz they were full of teenagers and kids i was like one of the only 20+ dude there and it was hard to fit in...

and on this topic my mum and dad are always like your such a big kid... esp when i turned 24 a coupla weeks back, though they dont say it as much but you can tell they think it, my mums always like no more DVD's or Games etc and now ive even put most of my figures away coz it seems to "kiddy" for my age Sad damn it i love my figures and anime

Know what you mean! I don't like that feeling your parents think you're a kid. My dad was married and had my two sisters at 17 an my mum left home at 15 and never went back! Seems weird to them I'm now 22 and still watching anime and collecting 'toys'. Oh well they never say it but I still get the feeling. I also stopped skating as well as you get shit round here if you go out. Especially when everyone else has stopped. Don't feel like going out on my own. Enough to get you stabbed in some places!
eeeek yeah man...im glad its not jus me ..hehehe

my Mum was married and had my sister at like 23 and im like 24 and it jus feels wierd
i guess my folks will never get anime and they are always like how we gonna get you married all they need do is go in you room and see think your a kid... the worst was putting the majority of my figures away in boxes out of display...that day i felt like crying...wierd i now but it hurt... OMG im such a freaking Nerd hehehe lol
plus now im like should i get rid of my comics strips on the wall etc coz again its the "kid" aura but damn define grown up... is it being old and having responsibilties well i hacve them esp being a Pharmcist and more so why cant i freakin like Anime, gaming and Figures etc....

GRRRRRRR
Theres the...

Wrong way

the...

Right way

then the...

Rav way!

\m/