Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Movies V.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The dark knight aka batman begins 2 looks to be shaping up nicely with the same cast and crew and heath ledger as joker.

Iron man has been handed to a joke of a director, hah surprise there Marvel never gives its movies to bad directors (extreme sarcasm).

And in the latest speed racer has been handed to the wachowski brothers.
Oh and of course the doa movie is garbage, surprise surprise.
I was all for Mark Hammil playing the Joker in the second Batman flick.
Mark Hammil playing the joker woulda been the best thing in movies ever. He's just getting so old though...
No one will play him better than Jack Nickleson. He IS the Joker.

And WTF, are they doing the joker story again? That sucks!

I've seen so many crappy movies lately i don't know where to begin. Is there anything decent coming out of hollywood anymore?
Elcoholic Wrote:I've seen so many crappy movies lately i don't know where to begin. Is there anything decent coming out of hollywood anymore?

I'm really looking foward to The Prestige (only premieres here in January). I really hope it lives up to my expectations.
I finally watched Thank You For Smoking yesterday (you were right, it's great), and on my 'to watch' list there's still the 'Perfume: The Story of a Murderer', 'Children of Men' and 'Infamous'. Watched Copying Beethoven last Sunday, it's a very good movie but I only recommend it to people who like the genre.
If you haven't watched it yet I highly recommend you watch The Illusionist with Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti.
I'm quite curious about Eragon. Haven't read the book but I like visual style of the movie, that and the fact that John Malkovich is in it.
Oh, and against my better judgement I'll be watching Borat very soon (premiered here today). I wasn't thinking of watching it but after watching that outrageously hilarious trailer I decided to give it a try.
I really enjoyed The Prestige. Totally not what i was expecting but very very good. I am definitely going to buy it when its released on DVD's.
Just arrived home from watching Borat. Not as good as I was expecting but worth watching nonetheless. I'd have to say though, that some Americans will probably like it while others will probably hate it. The thing is, while it's a funny movie it really doesn't portray Americans in the best of ways. And the worse thing is, it isn't a portrait, almost all of it is real. If anyone is interested in finding out the truth behind Borat read this.
I saw Borat a month ago, very funny, some dry spots, if you are looking to base your opinions on americans with this film your looking in the wrong spot, he could portray anyone in any counrty the same way, he chose america. Also, think of how many people were actually in the movie, it might be real but they still had an editing process.

I know I have already commented on this but the prestige is a must see, great movie.

Eragon looks lame, childrens fantasy like hary pot head.

Thank you for smoking was great but really only for a one time viewing.

Transformers even though its been handed to micheal bay looks to good in my opinion, as a child I was a huge fan (soundwaveSmile ), especially after seeing the citreon commercials, if they can do that in a commercial then imagine how good it will look in a movie.
geo85 Wrote:I saw Borat a month ago, very funny, some dry spots, if you are looking to base your opinions on americans with this film your looking in the wrong spot, he could portray anyone in any counrty the same way, he chose america. Also, think of how many people were actually in the movie, it might be real but they still had an editing process.

Hey, no need to get all defensive! All I said was the movie didn't portray Americans in the best of ways and that all of that was actually real, I didn't say I thought all Americans were that way. I mean, I talk to you guys and I know you're not like that. But believe me, a lot of people will believe what they saw and generalize it.

geo85 Wrote:Eragon looks lame, childrens fantasy like hary pot head.

There's nothing wrong with children's fantasy, there's nothing wrong with keeping our inner "child" alive. Lame? Perhaps, but it's also true. Having said that, to each his own.
The only thing I don't like about Eragon is the guy they chose to play Eragon, too
'goldilocks' for my taste.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:there's nothing wrong with keeping our inner "child" alive. Lame? Perhaps, but it's also true.

I feed my inner child daily. It loves cheesy kids films. Especially old nostalgic ones lol. As for Borat, he only chose America because he's too well known in the UK now it would be impossible. He started out doing it in the UK with his other characters and it was hilarious. Cohen had to move the show to America as the show got stupid as all the people knew who he was before they even met him and the magic was lost.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:There's nothing wrong with children's fantasy, there's nothing wrong with keeping our inner "child" alive.

amen to that sister! lol, geo85's comment was funny tho esp when a comment like that comes from a site like this. Remember we watch anime Smile
The last good movie I saw was Little Miss Sunshine in the summer. It's been a while since I've been to the theater. I really miss the LOTR coming out in the month of December. Wish they had kept the Narnia schedule so we could have one every year.

I think I'm actually looking foward to the 2007 Michael Bay version of Transformers. What are some of your thoughts?

On my website the legendary Peter Cullen, voice of Optimus Prime, joined us for a discussion of Transformers, voice acting, and a few other things. He was an awesome guy to talk to and you can listen to the podcast here:

http://www.aboutheroes.com/content/2006/...ode_38.php

After talking to him, it give me hope for the new movie.
I apologize for the defensive posturing its just because being in NY I have to deal with people a lot worse than the idiots in the movie everyday.

I like spongebob anime and retro cartoons but I am not a fan of movies starring children, I dont know why Im just not.

As far as Transformers goes I am very excited, as long as they stick to old school models, megatron has to be a gun optimus a semi,etc. Also I hope they dont pull anything from new transformers stuff cause IMO everything after the original 3 seasons is crap.
geo85 Wrote:I am not a fan of movies starring children, I dont know why Im just not.

Then you can't dislike Eragon. You see, the guy playing Eragon is 19 (was 18 at the time they filmed the movie) and the actress playing Arya, despite looking rather young, is already 31!
WOOOT ERAGON!! lol i'm stoked to see it, i don't care how lame it is there a guy riding a dragon!!
Pages: 1 2 3