christian anime what!!!!!!!?
gubi-gubi Wrote:A child believes all it is told, it's a necessary function that is there to save it's life.

That much is true. Most people aren't believers because they truly believe in something but because from a very young age they were conditioned to believe in it. Of course, the majority of those people will say it isn't so but that's one of the characteristics of being conditioned.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:That much is true. Most people aren't believers because they truly believe in something but because from a very young age they were conditioned to believe in it. Of course, the majority of those people will say it isn't so but that's one of the characteristics of being conditioned.

That's all religion is for the most part. There can be no one true religion. People say they feel the holy spirit in them and that is why their religion is better than somebody elses. Watch Jesus Camp, it is a truely shocking documentary. Watch how the kids are 'touched by the spirit' or how one girl thinks God tells her which people to go up to and try and convert. All the while their parents or 'pastor' is telling them what is happening. Children are a blank canvas, and to be honest I think to an extent everyone should be able to raise kids how they want, but now it's crossing over into schools? Religion is and always has been personal, even the Bible says there should be no mass church going especially not for a Sunday service for example but I won't go into that.
true kids can be conditioned to an extent. but once the child matures he can think for himself. i really don't agree with what you said, about a child not being taught any religion. there are a lot of people who don't have a religion for most of their lives, they weren't taught, and then convert later on. i think for some people religion helps them accept life and feel good about it. at least it seems that way from some of the converts i've seen. and that isn't a bad thing, religion changed these people and they are really happy know. one thing that concerns me is the reasons behind some christians actions. are they following the bible because they feel it's the right thing to do? because they love good and believe in what is written? or just because they dont' want to go to hell? i think a lot of people do it because they don't want to go to hell and that's bullshit. oh and about the universal good and evil, you mention no stealing and murder. what if a man's wife was dying of a disease which could be cured. they lived in a very small town away from other people. the husband doesn't have the means to travel and get the medicine some where else, there wouldn't be enough time anyways. there is a man in town who has the medicine, but he wont sell it for anything less then 12k. the husband doesn't have anywhere near this money. is it ok for him to steal the medicine to save his wife? there was a question similar to this in a psychology class of mine that was designed to explore different notions of good and evil. also i'd like to ask what about murder in self defense? in war? by accident?

ps i really want to see jesus camp, do you know if it's out on video?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote:there are a lot of people who don't have a religion for most of their lives, they weren't taught, and then convert later on. i think for some people religion helps them accept life and feel good about it. at least it seems that way from some of the converts i've seen. and that isn't a bad thing, religion changed these people and they are really happy know.

They are a minority to be honest. What you are basically saying is they have a void in their lives and they find a relgion that fills it. Every human has that void. We don't know why we are here. Just because religion helps people fill that void doesn't make it right. We will never know why we are here, should we make something up to fill it? I'm not saying religion doesn't help people but I am saying they could be helped in other ways. I can't blame people for wanting to belong. When people have nobody it feels good to turn to a church where people will be there for you, your own little 'club'.

Homeless Joe Wrote:oh and about the universal good and evil, you mention no stealing and murder. what if a man's wife was dying of a disease which could be cured. they lived in a very small town away from other people. the husband doesn't have the means to travel and get the medicine some where else, there wouldn't be enough time anyways. there is a man in town who has the medicine, but he wont sell it for anything less then 12k. the husband doesn't have anywhere near this money. is it ok for him to steal the medicine to save his wife? there was a question similar to this in a psychology class of mine that was designed to explore different notions of good and evil. also i'd like to ask what about murder in self defense? in war? by accident?

Well you can't murder by accident and it's still not murder if it's self defense but if everyone lived by the universal good and bad then there would be no war. What is the biggest cause of war now? Religion. Also medicine should be free so that isn't really theft. You can't steal something you should have a right to. If everyone obeyed the simple right and wrong they would help people regardless. There is enough money in the world to have medicine for everyone.

Homeless Joe Wrote:ps i really want to see jesus camp, do you know if it's out on video?

The copy I watched was a rip of the screener. You can get it on torrent at mininova. I think everyone should see it. It's totally none biased, it just uncovers how a lot of people are living at the moment.