Rurouni Kenshin Boxset
I paid 600 for the Dragonbox Z Vol 1 and 2, 675 for Dragonbox Dragonball, 450 for Dragonbox GT, and 425 for Dragonbox the Movies. I can clearly make a good profit if I sold mine.
simmdogg1 Wrote:I paid 600 for the Dragonbox Z Vol 1 and 2, 675 for Dragonbox Dragonball, 450 for Dragonbox GT, and 425 for Dragonbox the Movies. I can clearly make a good profit if I sold mine.

Sets are only valuable if they are unopened. Once they are opened, the actual worth of the opened set will drop.

And actually... you said you recently bought the DragonBox set, right? That means the value of the set is already going down so far. The value will not go back up until all other DragonBall DVDs cease production, this means that unless the common edition version cannot be bought in stores either, then the limited edition will not go up in value. And even still, you would have to wait an unprecidented amount of years to reach it's peak before selling it.

However, since HD-DVDs and Blu-Ray discs are already available in stores, DVDs are losing value fairly fast.
I agree on that the HD-DVDs and Blu-ray will take over soon and we will see a big loss in normal DVD sales. The only problem is the cost of the actual HD-DVD and Blu-ray players. I plan on buying a PS3 to get the Blu-ray player. I just hope we can get imported HD-DVDs and Blu-ray Anime soon. As far the Dragonboxes go, I own all 5, and 4 are unopened. I only opened the Dragonbox GT. Prices for these boxsets are going for about 800-1000 used on Amazon Japan, and the only one you can get brand new is the Movie set. I 've paid $2750 in total so far, and if they sell at the current prices I will make about a $850 profit...hopefully.
simmdogg1 Wrote:I agree on that the HD-DVDs and Blu-ray will take over soon and we will see a big loss in normal DVD sales.

Then if you're thinking of selling your Dragonboxes you better do it fast.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I'm thinking about it, but I might wait until the rest of DBZ comes out on the individual dvds.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rurouni kenshin limited edition boxset ~kirika~ 2 3,048 11-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Ryujin