Alright, New Film Thread
Krooner Wrote:I don't watch Lost either, although I'd like too! I just keep forgetting!!

I think it's a real shame we didn't see Gambit, I think the fanboys wanted him as much as Angel/Archangel, I think they could have had alot of fun with the character and his abilities, that said I think the wasted Colossus! What we did see effects-wise was really cool, I'd have been happy to watch more...

Krooner

You should listen to our podcast when we reviewed X-men 3:

http://www.aboutheroes.com/content/2006/...ode_18.php

As far as the movie being the last, that is still up in there. Hell, as long as the Fox keeps making money they can run the series into the ground. Glad to see some Boondock love going on in the forums.
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Krooner Wrote:What's with the likeing ED2 over ED1!!! 2's just a remake! Evil Dead is what broke the mould, and what they did effects-wise with the money they had is breathtaking!
Krooner
I am one of the many many many people who will disagree with you on that re-make comment. It was an "alternate version" with the same plot & main character. Ok, that does sound like a remake, but it's not by the defintion of my vocabulary.

Also, I love Evil Dead, but I just love the comedy of Evil Dead 2 just a hair more.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Guys, come on here you're Evil Dead fans and you dont know the run down, shame on you! Evil dead 2 is a true sequel same as army of darkness is a true sequel the beginning of evil dead 2 is simply meant to alternatley recap the first one, if you cut off the beginning of evil dead 2 and 3 and put all 3 movies together you have one film.
If you don't agree listen to the commentary for evil dead 2 with raimi campbell speigel and nicotero.
1 is great but two is ahelluva lot better, raimi would agree.
geo85 Wrote:Guys, come on here you're Evil Dead fans and you dont know the run down, shame on you! Evil dead 2 is a true sequel same as army of darkness is a true sequel the beginning of evil dead 2 is simply meant to alternatley recap the first one, if you cut off the beginning of evil dead 2 and 3 and put all 3 movies together you have one film.
If you don't agree listen to the commentary for evil dead 2 with raimi campbell speigel and nicotero.
1 is great but two is ahelluva lot better, raimi would agree.
I assume by guys you mean him, as I knew that before I ever even bought the dvds Tongue

I remember when I first got into Evil Dead, I thought it was great. I rented the second one on vhs & was pirating the first one off-line, then just scrapped that & went ahead & bought all three of them at the same time.
The second onme actually scared me more the first time I watched it compared to the first one. The first one was real good, but the Second is always my favorite. Just the dancing headless body with a chainsaw, it's all just groovy.
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
I know the rundown!!

I just don't like 2 as much! I've more respect for ED1 as a piece of work!!

Though I will admit the Chainsaw thing in 2 is the coolness, add that to tha fact the ED1 was banned over here for like 15 years! I think that there's a bit of an auora surrounding the film for me...

Honestly, in my eyes 2 could never be bewtter even though it falls into 3 which I love! in my opinion neither of thme hold a candle to the original!

Krooner
i wish i had seen this post earlier, i really like movies. i've seen the machinist and liked it a lot, have you seen the woodsmen? i've seen the boondock saints, my brother has a copy so i've seen it a few times, but i never that it was that great. idk maybe it's just not my style. fight club is an amazing movie, also i think the life aquatic is genius, have you guys seen it?
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
Homeless Joe Wrote:i wish i had seen this post earlier, i really like movies. i've seen the machinist and liked it a lot, have you seen the woodsmen? i've seen the boondock saints, my brother has a copy so i've seen it a few times, but i never that it was that great. idk maybe it's just not my style. fight club is an amazing movie, also i think the life aquatic is genius, have you guys seen it?

I love life aquatic! I like all of Wes Andersons stuff really!! Just my type of thing, Rushmore is the nuts you an't get it on DVD in England either!!! Unbelievable!!!!

I've not seen Woodsman is that the one with Kevin Bacon as the peadophile??? I'd like to see it, I hear it's a pretty powerful performance from Bacon... But is it a good as the one he put in for Tremours????

@ Batz!: I finally got round to watching Hostel... I loved it the but with the girls eye nearly made me puke! Like that he became as bad in the end too!! When he cut the dutch guys throat in the toilet you could see the enjoyment and satisfaction on his face! Can't wait for the sequel, you just know he's going to become a high powered lawyer and visit the place as a customer...

Krooner
I watched The Machinist in January 2005 so the only thing I remember well is that I loved the movie. It's been more than 5 years since I watched American Psycho so I can't even tell if I liked it or not, I actually think I had mixed feelings about it.
I'm a really big fan of Christian Bale, have been ever since I saw him in Spielberg's 'Empire of the Sun', so I try to watch all of his movies as they come out. As far as I'm concerned he's the best Batman ever.
I've watched Equilibrium a few times and while it's not superb it always manages to leave me satisfied.
I also enjoyed Butterfly Effect and The Life Aquatic and like Krooner said, you should definitely check out Memento.
I wish I could recommend any good horror movies but nothing seems to do it for me lately, they all bore me to death.
If you can watch 'Lucky Number Slevin', it's not a masterpiece but it's definitely worth watching. I saw it a couple of months ago and it was a pleasant surprise.

Lately, I've been craving for something different, something original but the sad truth is the majority of movies I've seen in the movie theater in the past few months sucked big time. I'm looking foward to a few ones that should premiere here in the coming months though. Lady in the Water and The Black Dahlia seem pretty interesting but I could be wrong of course.
There are a bunch of Asian movies I'm really curious about but since my birthday is in a couple of days I haven't been able to buy anything ('cause I'll likely be getting some of them as presents). I really want to get my hands on Kim Ki-Duk's Time (my favourite director) and on Joon-ho Bong's The Host (director of the fabulous Memories of Murder) but it will still be a while before they come out on dvd.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I just saw lucky number slevin, it was destroyed by the critics but I was always interested. I think its a great movie great cast, story, especially the music by the master J Ralph, he is brilliant.
For the smokers under us you should watch 'Thank you for smoking'. Its a great movie (for non smokers too) about a spokesperson for the cigarette companies. He doesn't really have anything with the product but he can talk anything right. Its hilarious when he's in a tv program with anti smoking organisations, cancer fund and an cancer infected kid and he ends being the star of the show. The guy has no morals and he's a great charecter to watch because the dialogs are very good. Its not really pro or anti smoking, its a movie about the guy so no real lessons to be learned from it incase that's not your thing. Highly recomended for anyone.
Elcoholic Wrote:For the smokers under us you should watch 'Thank you for smoking'. Its a great movie (for non smokers too) about a spokesperson for the cigarette companies. He doesn't really have anything with the product but he can talk anything right. Its hilarious when he's in a tv program with anti smoking organisations, cancer fund and an cancer infected kid and he ends being the star of the show. The guy has no morals and he's a great charecter to watch because the dialogs are very good. Its not really pro or anti smoking, its a movie about the guy so no real lessons to be learned from it incase that's not your thing. Highly recomended for anyone.

Sounds very interesting. I wonder if it's still going to premiere here or if I'm going to have to buy/rent/download it...

Edit: Lol! Life is really full of coincidences. I checked to see if the movie was going to premiere here and found nothing. Then, I was looking at a movie theatre's website for something completely different and noticed the movie is going to premiere on that movie theatre on the 23rd of November. Cool! I'll definitely watch it!
November? DVD rip is on the net right now Wink
Elcoholic Wrote:November? DVD rip is on the net right now Wink

Yeah, I know but I really enjoy seeing films in the theatre. For me, watching a movie at home, no matter how good a home cinema system I might have, just isn't the same.