ezdvd getting worse than mac
lol from alot of the recent reviews ive been reading ezdvd has been slipping big time
aka EngrishMajor
Yup. The golden age of hk anime is pretty much over. MAC got greedy and EZ got lazy. Near-perfect rips are so few and far between. Like a lot of people I just bought a new dvd burner and a netflix account.

R.I.P. FX. *pours half of his 40 on the ground*
[Image: kitty.gif]
Anyone have a small list of aactully perfect sets. I'd like a sohut out yo, ya know cause I'm looknig to buy a few more sets, but I don't know which ones to trust, & the reviews are a little bias. Yes, I'm selfish, I don't care if it's bootleg, I want top quailtyTongue
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
its hit and miss, always has been and people keep forgetting that. Nobody ever talks about the bad fx sets, which alot of dealers STILL have, and cant do anything with.

What sets are you looking for alot of them are perfectly fine, a few are not so great, let us know we can help you.

b
You can always check the trade lists for sets...

I've got the Crest of the Stars FX set, Gravion FX (no slip cover) Ghost in the Shell movie perfect collection., then of course there's always the R1 sets... laugh...
R1 anime keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. Kino's journey is a great example. I'll eventually buy that even though I already own the fx hk just cuz its such a good deal for such a great show.
you could always sell your set (kino's journey) and then use that money to help pay for the r1

i got the non thinpack edition for pretty cheap and thats what i did

some r1 anime is cheaper but a lot still is way expensive

and as far as EZDVD goes the sets ive seen are perfect or near perfect like heat guy J is perfect cept the scene selection is kinda wierd but nothing bad like all u gotta do is be smart.
Cyrus
Ya but the heat guy J set is a rip from the fx set like I have. Same odd menus. It's the stuff ezdvd is doing themselves that is getting messed up.

And I will do that with kinos journey eventually. Way way way too much stuff coming out in the next couple months, plus I just bought a lotta anime from members (too much lol) and on top of that i'm moving in a month and a half lol. Wish school wasn't starting in a month. =/
darkanx Wrote:Yup. The golden age of hk anime is pretty much over. MAC got greedy and EZ got lazy. Near-perfect rips are so few and far between. Like a lot of people I just bought a new dvd burner and a netflix account.

R.I.P. FX. *pours half of his 40 on the ground*

that's exactly what i did. i really miss fx too. sure there were some bad sets, but for the most part all my fx sets were good quality and i love the gatefolds with the artwork, sigh
uno...dos...tres...el shoompo
That's what you and I and a whole lot of other people did-case in point-the 3 Slayers sets-I made the mistake of watching a few R1 discs-now I'm totally disatisfied with my hk sets video wise-so I'm renting the R1's from Netflix and burning em' on dl blanks so I have bit for bit copy of the R1's, a lot of hks are on recordable discs anyway-so what am I missing? Nothing.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?
uhm, if your getting HK's on recordable disks, your really getting ripped off..i for one dont sell nor have i ever sold any hk's on dvd-r.

B
bmvtoys Wrote:uhm, if your getting HK's on recordable disks, your really getting ripped off..i for one dont sell nor have i ever sold any hk's on dvd-r.

B

I heard one store was doing it at least for a time haven't heard anything about them in a while though.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I believe a few disks had gone out and were dvd-r's yes. Was it true? Yep, i know, i got some of them myself. They said it was there supplier, who knows, but that was quite some time ago, not anything recent.

As i said if your buying hk's on dvd-r you need a better store to shop from. I guarantee they were not EZ disks, nor would anything like that pop up at Import-Anime.

Wink

B
I copy HK perfect collections onto dvd-r for my friends... Usually a quick run through dvdshrink does the trick (unless there from mac, then there probably dvd5 anyway).

But yeah... lately ive been doing alot of blockbuster online + dvd burner
aka EngrishMajor
Netflix burn and return-can't beat it.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?