ezdvd getting worse than mac
If you're going to rip them yourself do yourself a favor and forget about dvdshrink and try out dvd-rb it uses cce to encode.
I use dvdshrink and it works pretty much perfectly. Video quality is amazing too. I can usually even shrink a hk with 9 eps on it to a dvd5 and not even notice a difference from the original on a standard tv. Havn't compared on an lcd or anything. Don't like to watch hks on my computer in the first place...
Cidien Wrote:I can usually even shrink a hk with 9 eps on it to a dvd5 and not even notice a difference from the original on a standard tv.

I find it funny that people complain about MAC using dvd5s with high episode counts then go and do the same and feel happy about accomplishing it.
Uh, ya. Apparantly mac can't even compare with the quality dvdshrink offers cuz their compression is crap compared to taking a dvd9 and using dvd shrink to put it on a dvd5. Theirs looks way worse.
Cidien Wrote:Uh, ya. Apparantly mac can't even compare with the quality dvdshrink offers cuz their compression is crap compared to taking a dvd9 and using dvd shrink to put it on a dvd5. Theirs looks way worse.

That's because when MAC puts 9 episodes on a DVD5, it'll be 3 gigs. When we use DVD shrink, we fill up the maximum disk space of the 4.4 usable gigs. So quality is still a bit better than MAC. *bravo*
If you use deep analysis mode on dvd shrink its near impossible to tell from the original.
aka EngrishMajor
then MAC too cheap to buy DVDshrink? :p
Liete Wrote:If you use deep analysis mode on dvd shrink its near impossible to tell from the original.

I'm sorry but you must be blind if you think dvdshrink is that good.
Eric1030 Wrote:I'm sorry but you must be blind if you think dvdshrink is that good.
You might notice on an HD tv but I have an old analog one.

beboprules Wrote:then MAC too cheap to buy DVDshrink? :p
Its a freeware program. :p
aka EngrishMajor
Liete Wrote:Its a freeware program. :p

Ya, they're too cheap for dvdshrink. =P

Seriously though, the people in charge of mac are seriously retarded. I can't belive fx got busted before mac.
Lol I just ordered Azumanga Daioh MAC perfect collection I hope it isnt all pixelated and crap... (the one review I seen said it wasnt but people like that are usually questionable)

MAC's main problem is the fact there overly skimpy with DVD9's
aka EngrishMajor
Problem with reviews is the newer sets of older series are now using dvd5s instead of 9s so those nice reviews are now pointless.
The last several MAC sets ive got have been medicore, and EZ has been gradually sliding down hill themselves. If things dont smoothe out soon im going to be using blockbuster online and my dvd burner alot more.
aka EngrishMajor
Do it-you won't miss a damn thing-I use a program called DVDdecrypter to rip and burn my copies-again it's freeware-if you run into discs that it can't handle try DVDFabDecrypter-again another freeware program that's updated very frequently.
I love anime-but I still have a life-but not by choice......?