I hate paypal!
puzzleguy Wrote:Pretty much everybody hates paypal -- thats a given !!

Sounds about right
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I am amazed that both of you just painted "everybody" with a wide brush after I and other people had posted our support of Paypal. When I look at the number of merchants on Ebay that prefer to deal with people through Paypal I find that your sentiments don't really hold water.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Even though this is my thread I somewhat agree with Zagatto and Schultz. I hate paypal. I do. However, they're still the best that's out there. So until a better company develops paypal gets my business.
Zagatto Wrote:I've actually lost $100 to a dirty teller one time at a bank. There was nothing I could do about it because his till balanced and they wouldn't check his pockets.

Now THAT sounds interesting... what the hell happened there?
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
I just read that they're getting competition from google. Today they've launched a online payment system in the US called checkout.
Well thats still just specuation from people. As no at Google person has made a remark that its true. Some have dubbed it "Gbuy" or Google Wallet. But it may or may not be like Paypal. The google thing may be like you can buy small services for website.. IE. Say if you want to read something on a Subscription based website but you don't want a subscriptions. You could use Google wallet to make a micropayment to the website and get the small article. The website wouldn't have to use CC processing or anythign so the fee's wouldn't be there etc.. better yet let me find an article about it. Very interesting to see what will happen. Competition is always good.. Maybe paypal will reduce there fee's a bit if googles thing is real and it does come out.
http://news.com.com/Open+your+wallet+to+...ag=st.prev

also remember this whole article is speculation as no one knows for sure because there has been no offical announcement from google.
another reason why paypal is great...i was going to buy a xbox 360 from someone i found on craigslist, he wanted cash, i wanted to be smart and protect my self from potentially losing alot of money, so i demanded that he let me pay with my credit card via paypal...the transaction didnt go through for other reasons, but if i had payed cash and it was a junker, all he would have had to say is i never saw this person in my life, and i would have been out of 400 bucks...since it is credit i could have disputid the charge and had a recipt trail
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
Elcoholic Wrote:I just read that they're getting competition from google. Today they've launched a online payment system in the US called checkout.

Ok Just got the news on the news site thats you are correct.. damn time news updated. Checking into it see how viable it is to use with Import-anime along with PayPal if it is even capable of being an option..
Schultz Wrote:Ok Just got the news on the news site thats you are correct.. damn time news updated. Checking into it see how viable it is to use with Import-anime along with PayPal if it is even capable of being an option..

Well, like I said, I'm fine with paypal.

And as far as I understand paypal can't screw with me as long as I use my credit card. If anything goes wrong I just knock on their door and they settle things.