I hate paypal!
Getting the monthly sending limit crap again. Then it asks me to verify an expired credit card they bill 1.95 to in 2004 to increase it with no obvious way to verify with a new credit card. Tried buying from this store, failed. Tried buying from ebay, failed. Tried buying from another website a few minutes ago, worked! Why?! It makes no sense. Spent more at that website than I tried to at either of the former so it really makes no sense.
I'm to scared of Paypal to use them Besause:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=IS...gle+Search

As you can see from the above link if you search "paypal" on Google http://paypalsucks.com is the second result you get right after paypal's offical site! And if that were not bad enough paypalsucks say in their FAQs that even using paypal just for buying with a credit card can be a problem.

All that ads up to being a big deal if you ask me.Sad

Not to be a spoiled brat but I think it's very stone age for sites like Import-anime and others to only have paypal or check/money order as payment options...
Been using paypal for 4 years and never a problem. I love it and its the only way i'll pay for stuff on the net unless its amazon or play or another well known site. Definetly the only way I'll buy from ebay.

What's the monthly sending limit? How much can you buy a month with paypal? Never knew they had a limit.
im the same as elcoholic on this, and as for the sending limit, it starts out at like 500 a month...but if you jump through a couple of holes you can get it up to 500 a day
It is better to sit and be thought a fool, then to speak and be proven out right
I dunno but without an active credit card listed it's way less than $500 a month. Also, why would they even put a limit on it? That's like going to a grocery store and having the checker tell you that you can't buy those groceries today because you already spent $100 there yesterday.
Mot_Soldats Wrote:I'm to scared of Paypal to use them Besause:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=IS...gle+Search

As you can see from the above link if you search "paypal" on Google http://paypalsucks.com is the second result you get right after paypal's offical site! And if that were not bad enough paypalsucks say in their FAQs that even using paypal just for buying with a credit card can be a problem.

All that ads up to being a big deal if you ask me.Sad

Not to be a spoiled brat but I think it's very stone age for sites like Import-anime and others to only have paypal or check/money order as payment options...
the thing is Mot_Soldats PayPay fills a gap with online merchanting that sites like ours use. Merchant accounts are more expensive to use and if you are not making that much in the first place then that cuts into things further. Also with merchant accounts you got a monthly fee along with a per transaction fee + you gotta have a bank account and what ever fee's those bank accounts take up. 2nd its harder and more costly for JJ to work with that with him being in Canada. Trust us we have looked into other options then Paypal and they don't work for sites like import-anime.com.

Also general rule of thumb. you will always see 1000x more complaints then people saying compliments. And complaints are always more voiced then compliments. So generally for every 1 compliant there would probably be 100 or 1000 or even more people that hasn't had a problem.
Cidien Wrote:Getting the monthly sending limit crap again. Then it asks me to verify an expired credit card they bill 1.95 to in 2004 to increase it with no obvious way to verify with a new credit card. Tried buying from this store, failed. Tried buying from ebay, failed. Tried buying from another website a few minutes ago, worked! Why?! It makes no sense. Spent more at that website than I tried to at either of the former so it really makes no sense.
Please don't tell me that you're still bitching about Paypal...even after all this time.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
Schultz Wrote:the thing is Mot_Soldats PayPay fills a gap with online merchanting that sites like ours use. Merchant accounts are more expensive to use and if you are not making that much in the first place then that cuts into things further. Also with merchant accounts you got a monthly fee along with a per transaction fee + you gotta have a bank account and what ever fee's those bank accounts take up. 2nd its harder and more costly for JJ to work with that with him being in Canada. Trust us we have looked into other options then Paypal and they don't work for sites like import-anime.com.

Also general rule of thumb. you will always see 1000x more complaints then people saying compliments. And complaints are always more voiced then compliments. So generally for every 1 compliant there would probably be 100 or 1000 or even more people that hasn't had a problem.

I can understand you have your reasons for working with them, I hope I didn't seem rude before it was not my intent.

Anyway I just can't see trusting Paypal with my money after what I've heard, even if the odds are low of getting into a problem to begin with.
Mot_Soldats Wrote:Anyway I just can't see trusting Paypal with my money after what I've heard, even if the odds are low of getting into a problem to begin with.

That's ridiculous. You'd rather give your own credit card details over the net to people you don't know than have someone do it for you who also refund you if something goes wrong?
gubi-gubi Wrote:That's ridiculous. You'd rather give your own credit card details over the net to people you don't know than have someone do it for you who also refund you if something goes wrong?

I can get a change back from a credit card it self. Here some quotes from paypaysucks that using paypal is more of a risk/pain then a cradit card alone:

paypalsucks.com Wrote:"The nation's largest online payment service, PayPal, is paying New York $150,000 in penalties after misrepresenting to consumers its policy on repayment when merchandise doesn't arrive, the state attorney general said Monday. ... PayPal, which has 40 million customers worldwide, had specifically stated that it provided the same rights and protections of a traditional credit card transaction, said Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. But consumers were often denied those rights, he said."

PayPal says they will honor claims only filed within 30 days. I know my credit card has a 1 year policy for chargebacks and 90 days for billing disputes. So you still don't get equivalent consumer protection when using PayPal.

---

Here is what appears when you try to use your credit cards instead of the bank transfer (presuming you are "verified")

Funding Confirmation - Secure Transaction

Before you change your funding source to your credit card, consider the benefits of paying with your bank account:

* This payment is eligible for up to $500.00 USD of coverage with PayPal Buyer Protection.
* You're still paying instantly and securely - without the worry of increasing debt
* Paying with your bank account is instant and your payment will be completed immediately just as easy as paying with cash
* PayPal keeps your bank account information safe and secure through military

grade encryption and 100% coverage of any unauthorized use

Do you still want to change your funding source to a credit card?

At the bottom the "yes" option is in almost unreadable type while "No" is in boldface. After you pay, another pitch comes on telling you why using the bank transfer is safer & better then that silly old credit card you signed up to use.

Obviously PayPal is trying to get people to STOP using their credit cards to fund their PayPal account. However, if you do, you have zero protection. If you do use your credit card, you will have protection, but only once, as using that protection puts you in violation of PayPal's ToS, so you can't use PayPal again.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. The above is not legal advice. It's my opinion as a reasonable person reading their ToS, and seeing the actions taken by PayPal against people who try to use their consumer protection rights.

There is a lot worse said about them though I'm sure some is out of date by now. Bottom line paypal has a bad rap, I want to limit my risks that's all.
Once again. It has a bad-rap through a few of 40 million people... the numbers just don't add up.. probably less the 1% of people have issues. And i bet all sites have those types of numbers because something always messes up. And i don't think Court cases prove anything. The legal systems is a piece of shit when it comes to these types of court cases and most any that deal with Internet related stuff.

Once again i will state those that have few problems will always out voice the thousands that don't.

Also with paypal you have double security. If paypal doesn't refund or do anything you can call your bank / credit card and get it refunded that way.
For me, PayPal has been a godsend as I trashed my credit rating a few years ago. It's been the most reliable method for me to make payments online using my bank account as a source of funds. It's also allowed me to receive many payments from people when I've sold stuff to make money.

It is quite possible for them to rip me off. It's also possible for the credit card companies or banks to rip me off. In fact, I've actually lost $100 to a dirty teller one time at a bank. There was nothing I could do about it because his till balanced and they wouldn't check his pockets.

When I weigh the benefits against the risk I am happy to have PayPal as an option available to me.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
Anyone experience going to a PayPal secure site other than ssl-128. It has something like 62 something. What's up with that?
Nope so far i have only seen 128 bit when dealing with PayPal
Pretty much everybody hates paypal -- thats a given !!