V for Vendetta
Puppet Master Wrote:It would be foolish for any country to purposely take a war into their own homeland knowing what happens that's why.

So you just go around attacking the ones that are weak in order to destroy their land and kill their civilians but avoid the same from happening to you. There's a word for that that and it's cowardice. No wonder you don't want other countries to have a strong military power.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:What about North Korea? Not a very good idea is it? Considering their military power. They just might take the war into American soil. It's funny how America usually only attacks countries that don't have the ability to take the war all the way back to America. The fight is always fought in somebody else's backyard.

Ha the funniest thing is how the so called 'press' has barely reported on a test missle from NK found in Alaska (Google it if you don't believe me).

Cidien Wrote:Pretty damn sure Saddam Insane was oppressing those people.

Who gave him the weapons he used? Who left him in power after the first war? Lastly are you forgetting that him gassing people (which alot of people including Saddam have said the Americans assisted in) wasn't the reason for going to war in the first place? They were only reasons after it turned out that the WMD dossier was lies.

Cidien Wrote:Both countries gave up civil rights in the name of nationalism? Pretty sure I can say whatever the hell I want except maybe there's a bomb in the building or i want to slit your throat with a knife without fear of being thrown in jail or shot.

Do you not think the German people were behind Hitler? Believed his lies? I don't think you understand the gravity of Patriot 2. It means secret police can enter your home without a warrent without an explanation and take and execute you without trial and without anyone knowing. Oh and if your neighbor sees it and tells someone, they'll be taken aswell... If Sept. 11th was an inside job then who the hell are these terroism laws protecting you fom? You can't protest on the streets anymore and if you critise Bush then kiss your career goodbye. Look at all the people who have lost there jobs for calling him an idiot. That's not freedom of speech.

Hitler SLOWLY changed all the laws so he could eventually try take over the world. The amount of laws Bush has changed/made that include allowing torture (also child torture) sending Iraqi's off the street to camps (yes camps) and having the cheek to publicly anounce that 90% were probably innocent (what are the others guilty of? Protecting their country? Being forced to work for a dictator?).

I don't see how you can accept all the lies and get behind a man who is all for murder and torture oh and drafting the whole population so they also have to fight (why would you need such a huge army?)...

Edit: Lastly I forgot that Bush would halt elections in the wake of another 'attack' which would keep him in power until he saw fit...
Andromeda18_ Wrote:So you just go around attacking the ones that are weak in order to destroy their land and kill their civilians but avoid the same from happening to you. There's a word for that that and it's cowardice. No wonder you don't want other countries to have a strong military power.

I get the feeling you think im saying I approve of war and things of that sort when I don't.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:I get the feeling you think im saying I approve of war and things of that sort when I don't.

Your feeling is wrong. I was talking about the attitudes of the government not about you.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Of feeling is wrong. I was talking about the attitudes of the government not about you.

Oops my bad I shoulda known guess it jsut means im out of it as usual.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Oops my bad I shoulda known guess it jsut means im out of it as usual.

Well, I was the one who said "No wonder you don't want other countries to have a strong military power." but by 'you' I didn't mean you specifically but more the country and therefore its government.
Ok i personally hate these topics but i will say a few things.

NK and China actually can be settled through diplomatic situations. NK wants International Aid and so they will ramp up threats to get it. Unlike Iraq where Saddam would not deal with anything. Considering that he didn't follow *ANY* of the UN sanctions he was making money off the UN's Oil for Food program but everyone here saying the UN is important and good. Bullshit the UN has went past its usefulness in its *current* not *current* form. It in itself needs restructured and reformed to something more useful. Notice i am not against the UN i like the idea but the world has changed and the UN really needs to be redone to be useful in this day and age.

Also there is finally information that Iraq was seeking more WMD's and building them and that at one time they did have some after the sanction. They also did find stuff when we first went in that was against UN sanctions so they *where* breaking UN sanications and they had weapons they were not supposed to have. But alais that stuff doens't sell for medias they want to pin and have negative information because it sells.

But i just love how people have conspiracy theory's about things that happen.
Aww I was hoping Schultz would address more than that when i saw him post lol. Since i'm too lazy to answer so many points made here for like the 5th time in this forum I won't. If the previous topics didn't change anyones mind this one won't either. Sorry you guys think the U.S. sucks so much. But i'm glad it doesn't care and does what it thinks is the best course of action to do the greatest good.
All I say is this war is illegal and someone should be punished for it. You know by now why.

I hear reports on the news over here that Bush's support in the US has dropped to an all time low, as low as 30/35%. But you guys still support him/the war no matter what. Are these reports false or do you too notice that more and more americans disagree with his policy's?
I never said that I don't like the US. My beef is solely with the current administration and many of the laws that are being pushed through in the name of "national security".

It pains me that we started this war on the flimsiest of excuses and continue to make excuses for why we started it. I do support our troops that are over there risking their lives though and I believe that we are too embroiled in the action to pull out at this point. What I would like to see is a clear exit plan for our troops that leaves behind a stable, independant country. That's one thing that Bush's administration has continued to be unclear about that really needs to be addressed. Right now, there isn't any definition of what the goals of our troops are there and what specifically needs to be accomplished before we bring them home.

Without a clear exit policy in place for the world to see it appears that the US are agressors holding foreign property by force.
Gullible isn't in the dictionary.
elcoholic Wrote:All I say is this war is illegal and someone should be punished for it. You know by now why.

I hear reports on the news over here that Bush's support in the US has dropped to an all time low, as low as 30/35%. But you guys still support him/the war no matter what. Are these reports false or do you too notice that more and more americans disagree with his policy's?

I'm not going to change my moral opinion because someone else changed theirs. And support of bush stays around 40-48% from most polls i've seen. No offense but news inside the u.s. sucks, news outside the u.s. can't even be called news half the time.

And our exit policy is we will start bringing home troops as soon as competent iraqi troops can take their place. There are tons of troops working with the americans but very few that could operate at the desired levels if the american troops left.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/2...0874.shtml

This says 34%. So my news was good. And btw, how often have you been outside the US to judge foreign news? I'm positive you've never seen dutch news so please don't say our news sucks.

We have nothing even closely resembling fox news and the stuff they make up. They've been attacking our country sometimes to lately with blatant lies about drugs, abortion, euthanasia and that thing with the girl on Aruba. Some guy called Gibson I think. What a morron that is.

Back on topic, I don't know if it would be wise to have an exit policy, atleast not make it public. Then you risk that the terrorists will wait and strengthen themselfs till the time is right. I say first make it safe, train Iraqi police/army and then start thinking about pulling out. Priority should be to clean up the mess made there (and afghanistan), then start thinking about pulling out. It might be safe in a year but it could also take 10 years.
Cidien Wrote:And support of bush stays around 40-48% from most polls i've seen.

BS dude. He is a like 34% raiting and has been there for at least a month! Where are the polls you are looking at? The Republican Party website?
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Cidien Wrote:Sorry you guys think the U.S. sucks so much. But i'm glad it doesn't care and does what it thinks is the best course of action to do the greatest good.

Who said anything about the US sucking?! A nation is its people and sure, people in the US have flaws, but who doesn't? It's Bush and its administration we think sucks! It's true a lot of what he does, he does because the American people allows him to. It's like V said in the movie, if you want to see the guilty one just look in the mirror. But I'm not so naive as to believe only the American people would act like that in such a situation. Bush is the root of the problem. You pull it out, the problem's over. Which is why I wonder why terrorists don't go after him directly instead of hurting innocent civilians. Oh wait, I'm talking about terrorists here. Rolleyes

Blight Wrote:BS dude. He is a like 34% raiting and has been there for at least a month! Where are the polls you are looking at? The Republican Party website?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Guess I havn't looked at news polls in a couple months as I don't really care, but even if it is that low it doesn't really matter to me.

And i've always wondered what terrorists think too. Supposedly many of the leaders are well educated, even educated in the U.S. So why then do they do such obviously retarded things. Their targets are just so stupid... like even the 9/11 attacks. What the hell did they think we were going to do cower in the corner?