Finally: PS3 info and about time
The only thing consoles have over pcs is that they're all standard so you know the game you're buying works as intended. The keyboard/mouse make fps's and rts's better than consoles generally. Other than that consoles have NOTHING over pcs. The controllers better? Ok. So buy a 360 wired controller and plug it into your computer and use it. Problem solved. My friend hates playing games with a mouse. Right now he's playing FEAR with his wired 360 controller. Problem solved.
Why hook up a 360 controller to a pc when you have the same game on a console, which you can play on your tv? M/k are for pc's, controllers are for console's.

Pc's are good for nothing if you don't know how to play with them. I'm pretty good with fps on a console but suck at them on a pc. So for me controllers are better than k/m and I think more and more people will learn how to play on a console.

Fps's and strategy games are for pc, the rest (racing, adventure, fighting, rpg) are way better on a console.
Just heard it on the news that the PS3 will cost about 600? in Europe! :eek: A bit more expensive than I was expecting. 600? is the same as 730 dollars but I highly doubt it's going to cost that much in the US. This sort of thing has been done before, something costs x dollars in the US and instead of costing the equivalent in euros in Europe, which would be less than x, it ends up costing x euros, which is more than x dollars. Oh, well...
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
I don't think your logic of consoles over pcs makes any sense whatsoever, but I guess it's your opinion.

And that sucks about the ps3. How much extra would it cost to import a r1 machine? Might just be cheaper to do it that way.
I seriously doubt it will be over ?500/$500 which i think is fine and is the same as i payed for my launch ps2. Games however might be expensive (again). 4 Years ago prices were ? 67,95 for every new ps2 game and now they're ?50/60 (and alot more stores sell them). I think they might cost ?70 over here again although 360 games are ?60.
$500 is how much I was expecting it to cost and I seriously hope it doesn't go over that. But that whole 500€/$500 bugs me anyway. And Cidien, at least where my country's concerned importing it isn't a solution. I would most definitely have to pay for customs and it would be a lot. Do you know what people say about the IRS in the US? Well, customs here is just as bad. I hear people from other European countries say they get pricey orders without having to pay any taxes but here I'll have to pay if what I ordered costed more than $22. They used to let small packages (regardless of price) slide but they're not doing that anymore.
That's kinda stupid. Especially when something is marked as a gift. If I send something to Canada for example and I mark it as a gift, it better damn well get to them without having any taxes put on it. What's the point of even having a box to mark gift if they're gonna open it up and price it anyways.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:$500 is how much I was expecting it to cost and I seriously hope it doesn't go over that. But that whole 500?/$500 bugs me anyway. And Cidien, at least where my country's concerned importing it isn't a solution. I would most definitely have to pay for customs and it would be a lot. Do you know what people say about the IRS in the US? Well, customs here is just as bad. I hear people from other European countries say they get pricey orders without having to pay any taxes but here I'll have to pay if what I ordered costed more than $22. They used to let small packages (regardless of price) slide but they're not doing that anymore.

It's like that in the UK. Sometimes I get away with it but sometimes I don't. What pissed me off was a boxset I ordered from Amazon USA and it came with a missing disc so I had to pay the tax on that then they sent a replacement that I had to pay tax on again even though I didn't buy it! I think certain well known shops always end up with you being taxed... Amazon always. I've never been taxed on HK's though I don't think... A console would be really expensive. As for the Euro=Dollar thing we get the sometimes in the UK... It's worse though for the Pound. Manga is nearlly always more than the dollar price so like one manga would be like $7 and it would end up like £10 or some crap...
I'd never import a console or something electronic because of warranty. If something breakes its a real hasle to get it replaced and with sony's launch consoles you never know.
Cidien Wrote:That's kinda stupid. Especially when something is marked as a gift. If I send something to Canada for example and I mark it as a gift, it better damn well get to them without having any taxes put on it. What's the point of even having a box to mark gift if they're gonna open it up and price it anyways.

The problem is they just assume I marked it as a gift to avoid taxes (which is actually true) so I have to pay anyway.

gubi-gubi Wrote:It's like that in the UK. Sometimes I get away with it but sometimes I don't. What pissed me off was a boxset I ordered from Amazon USA and it came with a missing disc so I had to pay the tax on that then they sent a replacement that I had to pay tax on again even though I didn't buy it! I think certain well known shops always end up with you being taxed... Amazon always. I've never been taxed on HK's though I don't think... A console would be really expensive. As for the Euro=Dollar thing we get the sometimes in the UK... It's worse though for the Pound. Manga is nearlly always more than the dollar price so like one manga would be like $7 and it would end up like £10 or some crap...

Yeah, buying from Amazon is a pain in the ass! Sometime ago I got an order from amazon.com (it's stated on the package) that was sent from Germany and I had to pay taxes even though it was shipped from a EU country. I called them to complain and they said since I had bought it in the American website I had to pay taxes has if it had come from America. I was so mad!!!
And I've been taxed on HKs as well, even when it was just a 3 disk set.
Itl be a while before i see one.Xbox360 release is tomorrow here in nz
masamune arcade..........still in development
[Image: masasig6xh.jpg]
This is from my buddy Rob Fox who is writing an article for EGM along with our good friend Shane who is an editor and reviewer at EGM . Its long, but he makes a damn good arguement:

Sony just announced that the PS3 has been delayed due to copy
protection complications. What in the world are they talking about?
Let me try to wade you through the acronym swamp. The copy protection
Sony is referring to is called AACS, otherwise known as "Advanced
Access Content System". It is similar to the copy protection method
CSS (Content Scrambling System) that is currently implemented in DVDs
(Digital Versatile Discs, okay, that's a bit much) that you can
purchase today. While CSS prevents idle copying of protected content
(like any movie you buy at your favorite media shack) by scrambling
the video stream, AACS goes a step further by encrypting streams AND
limiting the output resolution by using something called ICT (Image
Constraint Token). Hollywood is VERY protective of its properties,
and they are not going to give you a high resolution version of a
movie without some sort of copy protection in place.

But what does that actually mean to you? If you just bought a High
Definition monitor or TV, I hope you kept the receipt. Most HDTV's or
monitors since 2003 have a DVI (Digital Visual Interface) input and
analog component (the red, green and blue RCA jacks) input for hi-def
content. However, not quite as many sets support the encryption
protocol HDCP (High-Bandwidth Digital Copy Protection) over the DVI
input... which is required for AACS protection to work properly.
SO... if you plug in your PS3 into your HDTV's DVI input, and your set
does not support HDCP, and you try to watch a hi-def movie, you will
NOT get the full 720p/1080i HD resolution you would expect. Instead,
you will get the dithered, dumbed down 540p picture - which still
looks better than a DVD's 480i/p picture - but not the HD resolution
you have paid for. So what if you use your component cables instead?
Sorry, while component is a true HD interface, it is an analog source,
and AACS requires digital connections so you too will get half the
resolution that you could get.

Put away your picket signs, it's not time to boycott yet. While AACS
protection is mandated by Hollywood, it is up to the individual
studios if they want to enable ICT. If a studio does not implement
the image constraint option, then movies played back over component
and DVI interfaces without HDCP will get the full HD resolution - and
lucky for us a few studios have opposed this option such as Fox, Sony
and Warner Home Video. However Universal (NBC), Disney and Paramount
have expressed interest in ICT, but as of the time of this writing no
studio has solidified their stance quite yet other than Sony. We'll
have to play the wait and see game to see which studio is going to do
what.

Now the good news. If you buy (or have bought) an HD set this year,
chances are it will have HDCP support over DVI and it will include an
HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) input, which will always
support HDCP as well. We still don't know the final outputs that will
be on the PS3, but since HDMI is fully backward compatible with DVI,
an adaptor can be purchased (early adaptors rejoice!) to ensure
compatibility. Finally, games (that's what we really care aboot,
right?) have NOTHING to do with this - you'll be able to enjoy Metal
Gear 4 and Ribbit King (heh) in full 720p/1080i/1080p glory. Older
PSX and PS2 games should similarly have no problem being upconverted
to HD resolutions as well. Whew!

So, what should you do, fellow gamer, with all of those Gs burning a
hole in your pocket, begging to be used toward a new hi-def display?
Until Sony finalizes all details on the output interfaces that will be
on the PS3 and we get a better idea of which studios are going to use
ICT or not, you may consider holding out a bit longer so you don't end
up with brand new but out of date hardware. If you are the impatient
type that MUST part with your money, send some my way first, and then
MAKE SURE any display you get (monitor or TV) supports HDCP and has
HDMI, DVI and component inputs to boot. That way you will more likely
than not be ready for PS3 4D LIVE gaming and movie watching
experiences!

Maybe.

|
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
So basically all that is about when you can start buying Blue ray HD movies and if you have an HDTV that will support it? I'm not being a jerk to you evilomar for posting this or to article itself because it was informative, but I find myself not giving a shit on both accounts because it doesn’t really affect me. It’ll be ten years before my broke ass even considers getting an HDTV.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Well, for me that was an interesting and informative read even though I didn't understand it all completely. I'm probably buying an lcd in the summer. The world cup soccer is this summer and prices for tv's go down like 15/20% in that period over here. Still debating it cause I saw an lcd dislaying normal tv signal not so long ago and it flatout sucked from up close.

But i always was planing on buying a hdtv with HDMI input so its all good as far as the warnings in that article go.
elcoholic Wrote:Well, for me that was an interesting and informative read even though I didn't understand it all completely. I'm probably buying an lcd in the summer. The world cup soccer is this summer and prices for tv's go down like 15/20% in that period over here. Still debating it cause I saw an lcd dislaying normal tv signal not so long ago and it flatout sucked from up close.

But i always was planing on buying a hdtv with HDMI input so its all good as far as the warnings in that article go.

Really?... Maybe I should go to Holland during the World Cup... Visit some sites, buy some cheap TVs... Big Grin
Anyway, that information was interesting for me as well as I don't want to spend a load of money on the wrong TV.