Hellsing- MI or MAC?
Laputa MAC is worst, it says it has french subs but they are really in italien, it also has an englsh dub with that damn fag from Dawson Creek's playing the role of Pachu. 8O 8O
That is definitely crappy. It reminds me of that stupid power ranger doing voices in the new dub to Akira. Lame ass all the way. 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/sere...&linkID=36
Let me apologize if this is posted in the wrong place (first post ^^).

I just bought the MAC version and it is my first HK DVD purchase. It is a 3 disc set and I have to say, it looks fantastic. Disk art, packaging; very nice. The quality of the video is great and I really don't have the same complaints that others do about the subtitles. It's not like you need binoculars to see them, they are really only slightly smaller than most. To be honest I prefer them smaller so as to be as unnoticable as possible. Only complaint is that some are rather ill timed and pop up and are gone before you even have a chance to read them. Granted, this is based solely on a very short viewing of DVD1 and a scanning of DVDs 2&3. Why I have only seen a very small part is the main reason I post.

I do have a significant problem. Disk one of the set has a visible indention on the surface (You can't really feel it, but it's easilly noticable) about the size of a dime. The DVD itself will play briefly then freeze for about 10 seconds through the first half hour, beyond that the disk is totally unplayable.
This is the first HK DVD I have purchased, so I would like to know, are manufacturing defects like this common? Are some providers more reliable than others (and are there any studio and provider ratings? I haven't seen any)? Do some providers offer exactly jack if you get a defective disk? I have emailed the person the paypal echeck was sent, but I have yet to hear a reply (it's really only been one day in all fairness), but I am worried that I will end up having to buy the whole set again just to have 3 playable DVDs (in which case; I might as well have bought the US DVDs).

Please tell me I am not just S.O.L. Cry
After reading this, I think I'll definetly go with the 3 disc MAC set Smile I've been waiting to see Hellsing for a long time!
I haven't had many problems with Hks. Just some of them have trouble in my PS2. Then I just switch em' over to my actual DVD player. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
?The louder he proclaimed his honor, the faster we counted the spoons.? - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Question about the Hellsing MAC set. Does it have next episode previews intact? While on this note, does the MI one? Thanks!
Quote:Originally posted by "kakoi_sugoi_yama"

Guess I'm going with MI. Even though the pics of the other one sound inticing. Italian subs, WTF!? 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
Yes, there's an italian importer who is making some translations of HK DVD sets. There are already some other titles translated coming out by MAC.
Sweet. I have so much to get now. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin