TV pisses me off!
You mean House, MD? The tv series? I'm watching an episode right now. It's really good!
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Andromeda18_ Wrote:You mean House, MD? The tv series? I'm watching an episode right now. It's really good!

yep, thats the one. it's probably my favourite show on tv right now. Which episode are you watching?Big Grin
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
I was watching it on tv, episode 14 season 1, but I'm seriously considering buying the dvd box set (which is actually quite cheap).
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
elcoholic Wrote:I totally forgot my other reason for hating tv. Reality shows! I hate them so bad. Stuff like survivor and the first big brother was cool but the crap that comes out in the wake of these shows is horrible. The worst example to date is Celebrity enema. Yup, you see celebrities go to the health spa and... I'm not even going to describe it.

In last years big brother we had a pregnant woman give birth on live tv after being in the house for 2 months.

So, help me revive this thread. What's your opinion on reality tv? I think its going a bit to far now.

I've hated reality TV from the beginning the only one I was ever able to watch without wanting to rip destroy the TV was the apprentice but that got bad after season 2. If I wanted reality I would just look at my own life instead I don't give a damn about what happens to some people on a worthless TV show that shouldn't even exist. First 5000 game shows and now 5000 reality TV shows all of which need to be taken off the air. It's one of those things that at least I expected to die out but it seems things don't work out that way.

As far as what I watch on TV I just watch a few shows(mostly reruns year round) so yeah I'd say TV in it's current state is shit.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Man that sucks. I hate a lot of TV as it is, but your TV sounds like marketed hell.

There is only one reality TV show I like and that is The Ultimate Fighter. This season they have even changed the format and gotten rid of the challenges. It is all about them training and there is a fight at the end of every episode. And for you Brit's there are two fighters from the U.K. on there. The first episode they showed yesterday was funny as hell, cause some of the fighters where talking with the accent and those two were talking like rednecks.

Other than that, I have to say TV right now is better than it has been in awhile. Battle Star Galactica rules. I generally hate medical shows but Grey's anatomy is something I watch with my family, and it has some really good characters in it. And I hate to admit it, but Desperate Housewives is on before that, and I watch it with them too. I watch Sci Fi channel more than anything. I like the older episodes of Stargate SG-1 quite a bit.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
elcoholic Wrote:The worst example to date is Celebrity enema. Yup, you see celebrities go to the health spa and... I'm not even going to describe it.

We have celebrity enemas in the States too. But they're called the Emmy awards. :o

Myself, I can't watch television without wanting throw the TV out the window. I suppose there are some good things tucked in here and there; but the entire mindset of television makes me feel ill. I mean, I feel under assault. I can't help thinking that "Big Brother" (that power meld of globally ruling corporate entities) owns the box. "He" may own a lot of other things too, but at least I can easily tune out that box.