Thinpack vs Normal sets urgent
OK well i bought Neon Genesis Evangelion from deep discount dvd and they totally gave me the wrong information and i sent them a specific email to find out if i would be getting the thin pack edition or the non thin pack edition and they said non thin pack edition and guess what i got the thin pack edition.

What i need to know before i get a refund is how different the non thin pack edition and the thin pack edition of the platinum collections is for this anime.

Such as does the thin pack edition still contain the directors cut episodes on the last Dvd and does it still contain all the extras that are on the non thin pack edition disks im assuming they are the same disks but im not sure. Furthermore what extras will i be missing out on if i open this set up that i do not get with the non thin pack edition such as i know i won't get the parking decal and so forth.

Please let me know soon cus i gotta send it back if im gonna be missing out on a lot of stuff since i already have the HK if its not much better then i have no reason to buy the Thin Pack
Cyrus
I imagine they are probably identical.
Currently Watching: Ouran High School Host Club
All time favorite: Cowboy Bebop
2nd Favorite: Berserk and Evangelion (a tie)
i looked on the back and it said it had the director cut episodes so thats good but like when i ordered rahxephon thin pack it only had trailers and art so..... and i imagine the originals had more
Cyrus
Cyrus Wrote:i looked on the back and it said it had the director cut episodes so thats good but like when i ordered rahxephon thin pack it only had trailers and art so..... and i imagine the originals had more

Most thinpaks have ALL extras cut examples being Azumanga Daioh and Chrono Crusade.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I own the Eva Plat thin pack and besides the DC episodes 21 - 24 there are no extras at all.
that really pisses me off well i think i will definately send it back then because the reason i go r1 is for the extras i mean i still get the dc episodes and sound and video but thats ridicolous they cut out all the extras. From what i understand the non thin pack has lots
Cyrus
The two existing packs are:

Neon Genesis Evangelion The Perfect Collection
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000063...ance&n=130

Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Complete Collection
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000767...ance&n=130

I'm looking at my thin pack and it has no extras. It has all 26 regular episodes plus the director's cut version of episodes 21 through 24. Don't know if the other pack has any extras but I do know the Platinum edition of Eva has remastered video and 5.1 surround sound, which the other one doesn't.
[Image: ergobanner0fy.jpg]
Cyrus Wrote:that really pisses me off well i think i will definately send it back then because the reason i go r1 is for the extras i mean i still get the dc episodes and sound and video but thats ridicolous they cut out all the extras. From what i understand the non thin pack has lots

Explain this to me why the hell are people so obsessed with extras?
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
normally i wouldn't be so concerned with extras but when each dvd has episode commentaries as well as back group story and all sorts of other stuff which is really crucial for eva then it means a lot more. Like im gonna get the thin pack of last exile but NGE is one of my fav series so i want all the extras and stuff
Cyrus
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The two existing packs are:

I'm looking at my thin pack and it has no extras. It has all 26 regular episodes plus the director's cut version of episodes 21 through 24. Don't know if the other pack has any extras but I do know the Platinum edition of Eva has remastered video and 5.1 surround sound, which the other one doesn't.

I'm pretty sure that not even the perfect collection has much in the way of extras. If someone wants them they have to buy the single vols of the plat release
one by one...
what i thought i was ordering was the non thin pack edition because i specifically asked them if it was the non thin pack edition since the info they have is the non thin pack edition thats why im pretty annoyed cus i woulda paid 80 or 90 even for the non thin pack edition but they were like nope sorry so i guess ill just get my money back
Cyrus
Puppet Master Wrote:Explain this to me why the hell are people so obsessed with extras?

I'm not particularly obsessed with extras but I am, for some unknown reason, obsessed with special editions. I mean, I've been buying special editions of Asian movies like crazy, yet the extras aren't even subtitled (though many don't require subs to be worth watching). If I was obsessed with extras I would want them subtitled. :p I do want all the extras I can get of one particular anime, Otogizoushi. Each of the R1 editions has 2 dvds, one with the episodes and another with extras such as historic documentaries on the Heian period and Tokyo. Considering this is my favourite anime series I really, really want to get my hands on the extras.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:The two existing packs are:

They aren't the only packs and the one he's talking about is the artbox individual volume set (which I dont even think you can buy on it's own). The perfect collection is the old one with crappy video.
well sometimes companies will sell a whole set for a set price which is not a thin pack but maybe they stopped doing that once the thin packs came out im really not sure. All i know is that im dissapointed with the r1 anime industry a lot right now
Cyrus
gubi-gubi Wrote:They aren't the only packs and the one he's talking about is the artbox individual volume set (which I dont even think you can buy on it's own). The perfect collection is the old one with crappy video.

Well, as far as sets go the information on ADV's website is that those are the only two packs. The artbox was available with dvd volume 1 but that can't be considered a pack, imo.

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms.asp?Cat=N