Looking for VALKYRIE PROFILE!!!!!
Batz Kage Wrote:it was for me, the first 30 times at least..

Im guessing it turned into a boring repetive fanboy argument after that
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Im guessing it turned into a boring repetive fanboy argument after that
pretty much. Plus it wasn't a 'debate'.

I mean everyone has their favorite...(less they don't like the game)
My Soul Brings Tears to Satanic Eyes.

If Max Collins, Matt Skiba, Jimmy Urine, & Mark Phillips had a child it would be one fu*ked up mofo, but 'it' would be the God of music.

As-1D R077's temp homepage: http://www.freewebs.com/as1dr077/index.html
Ya but people who say they liked one game and the others suck confuse me. They're all great games. Some are better for some reasons over others. I still don't mind debates about the different final fantasy games, but when people say ff7 is the best and 8 and 9 suck it's a little irritating. 8 and 9 are about as close to 7 as you're going to find on the ps1 so if you love 7 and hate the other two you've got some problems.
A lot of people have reasons FOR disliking the other ones. It's the lamers who can never give actual facts behind it. They just say 'i hate that one'. For example, 8 is because i hated the gameplay (stocking crap and whatnot0, and 9 i hated the entire cast of characters. The sad part, is that both had fantastic stories, but i just can't get through them anymore.

Normally with an rpg, i can get through them just fine if they have a fantastic story. (takes legend of dragoon for example. soooo many people hate the game, but i find it rather enjoyable) Cause honestly, that's all that matters to me in an rpg. But when they have annoying gameplay 'quirks', then it's harder for me to get through them again (when i could much rather being playing something i enjoy more). And in 9's case, having a cast of overly annoying characters makes a game unplayable. Cause like i said, it's not like they were bad games, i just didn't like them.

In the end, it's all a matter of opinion. Which is what a lot of people just don't understand. They think THEIR opinion is the right one, and that is that.
[Image: 468x60_gumgum.gif]
Robojack Wrote:If you haven't played Valkyrie Profile, you really don't deserve to call yourself an PS2 RPG gamer.

Leave it to you, to make an ignorant ass statement like that. What the fuck I have been playing RPGs since Dragon Warrior and I'll be damned is someone is going to say I'm not a gamer because I haven't played VP. I don't get it...yeah I tried it out, not my cup of tea, but neither are 95% of RPGs out nowadays. I haven't enjoyed a Final Fantasy game since 6, but I still try to fucking play the damn things, does that make me less of a gamer? No, of course not, everyone is entitled to their opinion. By the way aren't they rereleasing this game on the PSP?
http://www.aboutheroes.com Best comic book podcast!!! Come and join in!
Yep, it's being rereleased for the psp, nobody knows if it'll come out in the US though. I'm sure they will due to the insane amount of popularity behind it.

And i know Robojack made a pretty bold statement. But some people just feel THAT strongly towards how brilliant of a game VP is.
8's battle system drove me insane too. I had a so many problems with 8 I had to restart my game to beat it. I was withing a couple hours of beating the game and stuck on a piece of crap boss battle I beat in a few rounds the second time through cuz I prepared for it lol. Fighting the sorceress when she takes health from rynoa who was lvl 17 for me at the time... ya that wasn't even close to fair. Usually lost in 2-3 rounds.

And Legend of Dragoon was an awesome game. Sure the gameplay wasn't perfect, but the story was amazing. I finished that game a couple years ago because some stupid game magazine said lod2 was being made for the ps2 and I wanted to make sure I had it beat before that came out. Ya, it's not. No idea where they got that info from. Stupid magazine.
It's because sony said they originally planned ON making a sequel (you wouldn't believe the fanbase behind the game, even if its sales were crummy). I have this strange feeling it'll be one of those 'rpgs before the system dies' type games. Or they'll give it to us on the ps3 (which would rock soooo much)
Ya, at this point i'm hoping for a ps3 game if they're going to be making a sequal. Of course a prequal would be even cooler. Follow rose and that other dude whos name I can't remember right now. That would be sweet. I'm surprised reading online how many people hate the timing based battle system. I'm not sure why. It's unique and it makes you actually pay attention and have fun mastering something. For example it took me forever to master lavitz or however you spell his names later techniques. Once you get them down they're like second nature. I could probably load up the game now and have em down perfectly after 1-2 tries.

One thing I really liked was the random battle system. I hate FF's random battles. Suikoden III is probably the worst. I can literally spend and hour and a half going from point a to point b in suikoden iii because of all the damn random battles when you're on a boat. LoD has a cool little arrow above your head that changes colors and when it's red you're about to get into a "random" battle.
True, i like games that indicate when you're about to get into a random battle. Though my personal favorite is how a lot of newer games have been doing it, by showing the enemy right on screen (and giving you the option to walk up behind them and/or smack them to get a first attack. like Grandia III)

All this talk about Legend of Dragoon makes me wanna buy the game... before all i had was a copy (and in all honesty i prefer to have originals). My EB has had it for $14.99 for quite some time now. But now that I want it, i bet it'll be gone Tongue
Ya the games not too hard to fine. If you like rpgs much lod is a defnite must have ps1 game. I actually kinda wanna restart it now lol. Got too many things to do though. Wow, 3 new ultimate spiderman books just came, last 2 eps of initial d + all the anime and other rpgs im on right now lol. Think i've given up on xenosaga 2 though. I can't get past that bs battle. That game is way too hard at times. Took me like 15 tries to get by one boss, and I cant get by this monster no matter how many times I fight it. It just takes too much hp off when it dies and kills me - and it's not even a damn boss!
That blows... I remember a similar situation in Xenosaga2. But it was an actual boss much later in the game. I was almost worried that i'd have to start the game all over again... then on the 20th try i finally beat the stupid thing (all because it skipped out on using one of its deadly moves)

Anyway, since this was a valkyrie profile topic, just thought i'd post some sweet screenshots of the ps2 sequel (which i still have a hard time believing that it IS ps2)

[Image: vp02.jpg]

[Image: vp03.jpg]
Looks about the same as ffx, just a little better.

And was that boss a monster thing you had to fight in your awgs or whatever theyre called now?
You compare THOSE sharp visuals to FFXs??? INSANITY!!! :p

And yes, it was a AWGS fight... i think when you had that other character on your team (i forgot his name, i haven't played xenosaga 2 in ages)