I'm alive!!!!
gubi-gubi Wrote:There are some pretty evil churches out there. The Westboro Baptist Church is one sick example. They praise God for Sept 11th as they say it was wake up call for America and that Aids was sent by God... It's amazing how they are allowed to 'preach'. Religions have made a nice little comfortable place for themselves where they are free from law and criticism.

That ain't no shit. For the most part, religion has it's problems just like any other social organization, but while some remind me of decent governments or college, others remind me of WW2 Germany and well public school. Take this "Reverend" for example. He and his followers (mostly his fucked up family) protest funerals of US soldiers that have died because they believe that their death is a punishment for a country that harbors gay people.

"Phelps believes American deaths in Iraq are divine punishment for a country that he says harbors homosexuals. His protesters carry signs thanking God for so-called IEDs -- explosives that are a major killer of soldiers in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/21/funeral...index.html
[SIZE="7"]
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

I want to literally murder people like that. They are no different form any other extremist that has ever existed though out all of time. Use some sort of belief, usually one, very interoperable aspect of it, and try to justify their self-centered actions.

They bikers are awesome though.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Blight Wrote:Take this "Reverend" for example. He and his followers (mostly his fucked up family) protest funerals of US soldiers that have died because they believe that their death is a punishment for a country that harbors gay people.

"Phelps believes American deaths in Iraq are divine punishment for a country that he says harbors homosexuals. His protesters carry signs thanking God for so-called IEDs -- explosives that are a major killer of soldiers in Iraq."

Sorry for dragging up a few days old thread, but this hit a soft spot... This so-called-religion has been spreading and reached my area of the states where they protested a funeral at which a close friend of mine at military school was burying his brother who died in Iraq and was finally sent home to rest... unfortunately, not in peace. The police for that town protected these bastards because of "freedom of speech and freedom of press" mostly because they let the cops in the area know they were going to be there and were "afraid of hostility."

Yea, you better fucking believe that there would be hostility from a group of family and friends who are military oriented and have had the pain of losing a loved one insulted by these assholes. They covered the funeral site, every car, and even the mailboxes of the family who lost their son with fliers which condemned their son and every other person fighting in Iraq.

Sorry for my language, but my brother is fighting in Iraq as we speak and it's a very real possibility that my husband might be sent there because of his language talents. If this group showed up at ... god forbid... either of their funerals... damn my idealistic views that all are equal... I'd blow their fucking heads off.
~Lady Ice~
"I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door. I've had you so many times, but somehow I want more." ~Maroon5
[Image: WitchHunterRobinBanner1.jpg]
ladysilverice Wrote:Sorry for dragging up a few days old thread, but this hit a soft spot... This so-called-religion has been spreading and reached my area of the states where they protested a funeral at which a close friend of mine at military school was burying his brother who died in Iraq and was finally sent home to rest... unfortunately, not in peace. The police for that town protected these bastards because of "freedom of speech and freedom of press" mostly because they let the cops in the area know they were going to be there and were "afraid of hostility."

Yea, you better fucking believe that there would be hostility from a group of family and friends who are military oriented and have had the pain of losing a loved one insulted by these assholes. They covered the funeral site, every car, and even the mailboxes of the family who lost their son with fliers which condemned their son and every other person fighting in Iraq.

Sorry for my language, but my brother is fighting in Iraq as we speak and it's a very real possibility that my husband might be sent there because of his language talents. If this group showed up at ... god forbid... either of their funerals... damn my idealistic views that all are equal... I'd blow their fucking heads off.

If you did you would be doing the entire world a favor what a bunch of jackasses. Sorry to hear about that though and as far as freedom of speech and press go that should go BEYOND the limits of that freedom that's just wrong.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
I'm sorry for your loss LSI and I in no way agree with what these people stand for and what they do BUT, it is their right to protest if they really believe that. Its irresponsible and selfish to protest those kind of things on a funeral but it is a right they have. Same thing with the cartoon war, its not smart to print them (and thus upset lots of people) but it is our right to do so. I understand your reaction and mine would be the same or even worse (fuck it, getting arrested would be worth it to get close to some of those people) but those would be our emotions taking over. Rationally thinking, they don't physicaly hurt us so we can't/shouldn't do it to them.

Quote:I want to literally murder people like that

While I once more understand your emotions on the subject, you murdering someone for protesting is way worse than what they do. Fight words with words, that's a sign of true civilasation.
elcoholic Wrote:While I once more understand your emotions on the subject, you murdering someone for protesting is way worse than what they do. Fight words with words, that's a sign of true civilasation.

I did say murder, not righteously vanquishing evil or something just as benevolent. Doing it would be completely wrong, but I don?t care. If I was to drive up a grave site and see all these people there spouting hate at me and my family right after losing a dear family member, I would begin to feel like a bowling ball heading towards a bunch of pins. And I?d get my strike too.

Being at a funeral that has nothing to do with you is wrong in the beginning. Imagine if you got married and some SOB?s showed up and started spouting shit that had nothing to do with your ceremony. If you have good family and friends, they kick their asses and throw them out. I have shielded a lot of things that fall under the banner of free speech, but for some reason I can?t bring myself to even think about defending this one. It is too wrong, and steps on a ritual too sacred for ALL of humanity for me to endure that defense.

They way I see it is this. In life, you really do have unlimited freedom. Freedom to do whatever you want, but you also have to remember that there are consequences for your actions, and that other can do what ever they want as well. I have a feeling that in the future, there is going to be a protest on the wrong group of mourners and some people are going to end up dead over it. And if that happens, I?ll shed no tears.
[Image: kakashianbubanner3psdva9.jpg]
"OMFG, let me rush onto my NOAHS ARC!" by JunkieJoe
Too true, too true. Too bad I probably won't be able to do aanything about it. Then again...
[Image: ryo5il.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno...Taooo Jiiiinnn
Blight Wrote:And if that happens, I?ll shed no tears.

I'll shed tears... Not for the dead idiots but for how our world is being torn apart by religion. I thought we'd all be past this shit but every day you turn the news on religion is playing a part in all the violence that's destroying this world...
gubi-gubi Wrote:I'll shed tears... Not for the dead idiots but for how our world is being torn apart by religion. I thought we'd all be past this shit but every day you turn the news on religion is playing a part in all the violence that's destroying this world...

Not only the news. The other day, I went into Sydney CBD and there was a protest going on. It's just a waste of time. Also confusion for the drivers as they take up the whole road. Religious protest won't get anywhere. It's just a waste of material. (ie paper, cardboard, other materials) At least the police had some work to do.
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>
Speaking of protests, I just heard about this new tactic that is being picked up. They make some signs, go to homeless shelters and then pay the homeless to stand outside with the signs. What the crp is up with that? Its so low its not even funny. What do you guys think?
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Speaking of protests, I just heard about this new tactic that is being picked up. They make some signs, go to homeless shelters and then pay the homeless to stand outside with the signs. What the crp is up with that? Its so low its not even funny. What do you guys think?

To me, all this shows is how desperate they are. If you can't find enough people to support your cause and you have to hire HOBOS to carry your signs, then nobody is going to take you seriously.

As far as the rest of this topic is concerned. To me, what this boils down to is that if you have a viewpoint/opinion, then that's fine. It's how you try to deliver that opinion that makes the difference. Protesting AT THE FUNERAL of a fallen soldier is NOT an effective way of getting your point accross, all that is going to do is piss people off and as LSI pointed out: possibly get someone killed. If these religious wingnuts on both sides want to spew their stuff about how god hates the other guy for doing what they're doing, then I say let them, so long as they aren't getting in anyones way or attacking anyone personally, people will draw their own conclusions and no sane person is really going to take them seriously. There are times when it's appropriate to express your opinion and times when you should shut the fuck up.
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Speaking of protests, I just heard about this new tactic that is being picked up. They make some signs, go to homeless shelters and then pay the homeless to stand outside with the signs. What the crp is up with that? Its so low its not even funny. What do you guys think?

Isn't this what we are talking about concerning everybody in this world? "You do something for money." Homeless people has the most free time in the streets. Yet I still don't understand them much. I don't see them as homeless let alone hungry. They seem to "choose" that lifestyle. (Personally, I don't believe in homeless people--- especially in Australia since the welfare system is great). Yet they exist.

And concerning homeless people doing protesting, it seems funny to me. The way I see it is if someone dressed in rags holding signs and can change a point of view, why not let homeless people work in the office so they won't be homeless anymore.
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>
YamiFan Wrote:

Isn't this what we are talking about concerning everybody in this world? "You do something for money." Homeless people has the most free time in the streets. Yet I still don't understand them much. I don't see them as homeless let alone hungry. They seem to "choose" that lifestyle. (Personally, I don't believe in homeless people--- especially in Australia since the welfare system is great). Yet they exist.

You have to take into account that there are probably reasons other than money that cause these people to choose street life. Things like family issues, mental illness, etc also play a major role.
[Image: kogepansigcopy.jpg]
I don't think religion would be a problem concerning violence, if the idiots could just learn to keep their faith to themselves. They need to learn that the people theybitch at think that their ideas are just as stupid as we think theirs are. I think everyon has their own view on things, and people need to learn to respect that.
[Image: 4c1.jpg]
^^Made by Blight

"If teachers were paid more, we'd be able to afford better drugs." -Eikichi Onizuka
onizuka17711 Wrote:I don't think religion would be a problem concerning violence, if the idiots could just learn to keep their faith to themselves. They need to learn that the people theybitch at think that their ideas are just as stupid as we think theirs are. I think everyon has their own view on things, and people need to learn to respect that.

That's probally true but the chances of the fools doing it figuring that out are about a million to one if not worse.
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:That's probally true but the chances of the fools doing it figuring that out are about a million to one if not worse.

Yep, plus there is the clause that all faiths must try and convert other people to their faith. Maybe if there were less hypocrites, they would succeed more often.