Import Anime Forums

Full Version: I'm alive!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OMG!!! Today is the worst day of the year so far in terms of snow and cold. It is also the worst storm I have ever driven in by like 15 times. I saw more cars in the ditch than I did on the road, and at one point, there were 11 cars and a Semi all over the high way. I had to stop just to figure out what the hell was going on. Some of the people were stopped to help and other because they were too scared to continue. It was crazy. Ended up driving from shoulder to shoulder some times to get around all the crap. I think classes should have been canceled today because I here this from everyone else who has showed up as well.
Damn that's worse than anything I ever recall seeing.
I had a problem 2 weeks ago. It was freezing all night and then arround 9 am it started raining very slowly. I have the privelige of working 1 mile from my home so I take my bicycle to work each day. Now, the ground was frozen and the slow rain instantly freezes when it touched the ground. The whole town was 1 big ice track so on my first corner I went down and glidded under a parked car. Strained my neck, a few bruises, a ruined pair of trousers and real surprised.

Decided to walk to work and on my way I saw 2 car accidents and numerous bikes and scooters go down. That made it all a bit better (noone was hurt but it was funny to see everyone go down).
The worst weather I've seen has been extremely heavy rain that make it next to impossible to see, roads covered in ice and slush made it a nightmare to drive, and finally the most recent extremly thick fog. Biggest problem in my case was it was close to Midnight(work the graveyard shift 12-12 on the weekend). Night driving in those situations has both it's advantages and disadvantages. Some pretty fuckin bad experiences as of late it seems.
Puppet Master Wrote:Some pretty fuckin bad experiences as of late it seems.

I think it is not the worst of it.
YamiFan Wrote:I think it is not the worst of it.

Yeah I bet usually life gets worse before it gets better.
I want more snow! Iowa sucks! no snow and the weather keeps changing. first theres warmer weather, out of nowhere the cold weather (in the teens and lower), and rain. wat is up with that!
Gemini Wrote:I want more snow! Iowa sucks! no snow and the weather keeps changing. first theres warmer weather, out of nowhere the cold weather (in the teens and lower), and rain. wat is up with that!

I heard at the church camp about this Pastor declaring that "God's judgement" has come upon us.

If you look at it, there is the Tsunami in another part of the world. Earth quakes in other parts. Heavy snow in some. Bird flu which claimed lives. Poverty/starvation/homeless/the sick. Other disasters.

I only hear these things but I hardly watch or listen to the news. I don't see but I believe these things are happening. The world is not perfect. And if you are living comfortably, you better count your blessings.
Sounds like your pastor is using these natural dissaters to win souls. I wonder how he knows that for sure? Unless God directly told him that was the case he's esentially lying and using these dissaters for his own winning. I don't like people like that.

Radical Muslims used exactly the same argument with Katrina. It was Allah's judgement and punishment against America. Conveniently forgetting the Iran, Turkey and Pakistan earthquakes and the tsunami which were way way worse and in their own region. But they don't see those dissasters as Allah's punishment for their own sins.
elcoholic Wrote:Sounds like your pastor is using these natural dissaters to win souls. I wonder how he knows that for sure? Unless God directly told him that was the case he's esentially lying and using these dissaters for his own winning. I don't like people like that.

Radical Muslims used exactly the same argument with Katrina. It was Allah's judgement and punishment against America. Conveniently forgetting the Iran, Turkey and Pakistan earthquakes and the tsunami which were way way worse and in their own region. But they don't see those dissasters as Allah's punishment for their own sins.

The second paragraph were my view points. The guest Pastor only merely stated 'God's judgement has come upon us' and went on to his message.
Your so called church sounds like a brain washing cult from what you have said over the last couple of days... Worrying.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Your so called church sounds like a brain washing cult from what you have said over the last couple of days... Worrying.

I can't say for sure since I will NEVER go to a church if I don't feel a literal sense of duty but your probally right. I admit that I do view religion as a way of brainwashing people for the most part though. I do wonder something are these the extreme types of people who view those who don't believe in god devils or some shit? That would be pretty pitiful but I'm sure there are extremes like anything else.
Puppet Master Wrote:I do wonder something are these the extreme types of people who view those who don't believe in god devils or some shit? That would be pretty pitiful but I'm sure there are extremes like anything else.

There are some pretty evil churches out there. The Westboro Baptist Church is one sick example. They praise God for Sept 11th as they say it was wake up call for America and that Aids was sent by God... It's amazing how they are allowed to 'preach'. Religions have made a nice little comfortable place for themselves where they are free from law and criticism.
gubi-gubi Wrote:There are some pretty evil churches out there. The Westboro Baptist Church is one sick example. They praise God for Sept 11th as they say it was wake up call for America and that Aids was sent by God... It's amazing how they are allowed to 'preach'. Religions have made a nice little comfortable place for themselves where they are free from law and criticism.

To say the least that's pretty fucked up.
gubi-gubi Wrote:The Westboro Baptist Church is one sick example. They praise God for Sept 11th as they say it was wake up call for America and that Aids was sent by God...

That sounds really funny. I can assure you this kind of behaviour is bizzare. The Sep 11th incident had a lot of view points. But no matter what the view point it is, no one can do anything about it. It's just a waste of time.

I think there was a saying from Kerry Packer or someone rich who made this comment. 'Do not complain, do not explain.'

And as for Kerry Packer... RIP.
Pages: 1 2