Confused about EVA =(
I think it has something to do with its ability to destroy the holy. What was that bit where Rei was stabbing Adam with it or was that just the manga? My Platinum set arrived the other day, just gotta find the time to rewatch it all again.
All is good. But keep it away from under 15 year olds (as some parents don't moniter their kids) I know of an experience where this kid watched EVA as well as Lord of the Rings plus Harry Potter and the like. The result... voices in head, scared to come out of the house, not eating etc.

End result... My Pastors ministered to the person, got the person baptized in water and much better now. PTL

On the note. These anime, especially EVA, I think would have Shinto influence. They worship the sun god.

If you are a born again Christian, don't get too assorbed. If you are walking the earth without knowing what's in the end, make the best of your time.
[Image: mypic3.gif]
<death ain't so scary>
YamiFan Wrote:All is good. But keep it away from under 15 year olds (as some parents don't moniter their kids) I know of an experience where this kid watched EVA as well as Lord of the Rings plus Harry Potter and the like. The result... voices in head, scared to come out of the house, not eating etc.

End result... My Pastors ministered to the person, got the person baptized in water and much better now. PTL

On the note. These anime, especially EVA, I think would have Shinto influence. They worship the sun god.

If you are a born again Christian, don't get too assorbed. If you are walking the earth without knowing what's in the end, make the best of your time.

Wow that's ridiculous. If you watch Eva and get voices in your head you suffer from mental illness and it's nothing to do with Eva. No amount of religious crap would cure you either... Now that's more likely to screw with the kids head.
I suffered from mental illness... (not from eva, but other means). It was only when I put on Christ was when I became sane.
<death ain't so scary>
YamiFan Wrote:I suffered from mental illness... (not from eva, but other means). It was only when I put on Christ was when I became sane.

So somehow religion made you sane?
[Image: IA.jpg]

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
God hates religion. The message which people don't grasp is that Jesus was God became man, died, ressurected and seated at the right hand of the Father.

Now, anyone who hasn't have the opportunity to appreciate what God has done, is just do... ABC.

Acknowledge that you have sinned. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23

Believe Jesus died on the cross to save you from death. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life John 3:16

Confess Jesus is Lord
<death ain't so scary>
YamiFan Wrote:God hates religion. The message which people don't grasp is that Jesus was God became man, died, ressurected and seated at the right hand of the Father.

Now, anyone who hasn't have the opportunity to appreciate what God has done, is just do... ABC.

Acknowledge that you have sinned. for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23

Believe Jesus died on the cross to save you from death. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life John 3:16

Confess Jesus is Lord

That made me laugh for some reason to be perfectly honest I don't believe in gods. Just thinking about the world we lived in and everything else gave me my reason to believe in nothing. To me that last post sounded like little more than preaching and I've always hated that to be quite honest than again im one who associates chruches with death and thus they make me uncomfortable to say the least. But getting into that would be pointless because debates/arguments on religion could go on forever without an end. But ill leave it at this I don't have time for gods. It does seem that people who have gone through hell in one form or another find interesting ways to deal with it some turn to religion while others like myself distanced themselves from it.

'The depths of my soul are rooted in dark thoughts. But than we all have darkness and light in us. If we are all light on the outside we are nothing but darkness underneath. There comes a time when the darkness must come to light.'
- Shinobu Sensui -

It is only when you refuse to give in with all your heart that you begin to transcend your humanity. - Alucard

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:It does seem that people who have gone through hell in one form or another find interesting ways to deal with it some turn to religion while others like myself distanced themselves from it.

For the record, no one has gone through hell to come back alive to tell anyone what's it like. It's sad but true that once you experience something whether it is good or bad, you can't choose the other option. It's either black or white. Oh, in case you didn't know, I was talking about the afterlife.

Take Hellsing for an example. Alucard was a vampire/dracula that was immortal. He has killed numerous innocent bystanders and demons. In the beginning, he only used man made weapons and in the end, he used his body just to protect one special person.

What if I was to say that if that special person's life was to be sacraficed for the whole world, then everyone would live. Common sense isn't it. That special person would be Jesus. Then Alucard would represent the evil one, thus namely, satan.
<death ain't so scary>
YamiFan Wrote:I suffered from mental illness... (not from eva, but other means). It was only when I put on Christ was when I became sane.

Put on Christ? Like it's some kind of medication? Wow you really got brainwashed. If you're so religous then why are you into illegal bootlegs? I think you're confused.
gubi-gubi Wrote:Put on Christ? Like it's some kind of medication? Wow you really got brainwashed. If you're so religous then why are you into illegal bootlegs? I think you're confused.

Never thought of that. Anyways Yamifan you take hell in a literal term which right there causes a misunderstanding in what I say. As far as Jesus and all that crap I don't believe in the existence of gods or him. Reading some book won't tell anyone shit about the after life either for all anyone knows old time policiticans could have wrote "holy books" as a means of making people puppets and nothing more just to keep the world on a short leash. Maybe it's just me but the concepts between things like the ten commandents just sound a bit suspicious. I'll leave it at that for the time being.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Puppet Master Wrote:Reading some book won't tell anyone shit about the after life either for all anyone knows old time policiticans could have wrote "holy books" as a means of making people puppets and nothing more just to keep the world on a short leash. Maybe it's just me but the concepts between things like the ten commandents just sound a bit suspicious. I'll leave it at that for the time being.

The bible is full of contradictions and to be honest alot of evil things. People disregard the bad stuff but then throw the stuff they choose to believe back at you whenever they feel like. Antique crap.
Wait, you don't believe Jesus is your savior or you don't believe he existed? Those are two completely different things.
Cidien Wrote:Wait, you don't believe Jesus is your savior or you don't believe he existed? Those are two completely different things.

If your asking me I don't believe this world has a savior period and I don't believe in Jesus at all.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection
Then do you believe there is a devil? If you do, you are halfway there.
<death ain't so scary>
YamiFan Wrote:Then do you believe there is a devil? If you do, you are halfway there.

The devil falls under the same category as gods in my eyes all just a legend to strike fear into people nothing more.

- Shinobu Sensui -

Trade List
R1 Collection
HK Collection